• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lizard Squad member arrested

Verendus

Banned
Now investigations can begin to discover the link between Lizard Squad and North Korea, and the larger conspiracy in play in the background. I'm sure the end twist will be that it was Kaz Hirai all along. He betrayed Japan and was intending on giving Sony Corporation to North Korea. It took one 22 year old man being arrested and realising he was going to be left to hang by his allies in order for him to take action and go Jason Bourne on everyone.

Bar_bar12

Banned

633.gif

jesu

Now investigations can begin to discover the link between Lizard Squad and North Korea, and the larger conspiracy in play in the background. I'm sure the end twist will be that it was Kaz Hirai all along. He betrayed Japan and was intending on giving Sony Corporation to North Korea. It took one 22 year old man being arrested and realising he was going to be left to hang by his allies in order for him to take action and go Jason Bourne on everyone.

I know your joking but Lulzsec under the control of Sabu(who was under the control of the FBI) hacked Stratfor
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stratfor#2011_hacking_incident

These leaks revealed that the US government were attempting to bring down Assad in Syria since 2011 and beyond!

I think Lizard Squad aspired to be like lulzsec.

scoobs

yeah it's possible, but like someone on the last page said, it's UK officials. they won't be waterboarding him like the FBI lol.
They caught the last hacker group by offering one of their members a deal, no torture necessary. Avoiding prison time is incentive enough.

yeah it's possible, but like someone on the last page said, it's UK officials. they won't be waterboarding him like the FBI lol.

Why would the FBI water board a bunch of kids that are not even linked to any terrorist organization? (outside name dropping ISIS, Al Quaeda, NK, etc like idiots)

This is not the Mexican police.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Why would the FBI water board a bunch of kids that are not even linked to any terrorist organization? (outside name dropping ISIS, Al Quaeda, NK, etc like idiots)

This is not the Mexican police.

Because America. Never mind the FBI as a domestic outfit has no need for that.

Will Finland give that one guy a hard enough sentence to make him want to squeal? Same with the guy in the UK?

No. It's a petty crime and as a first-timer in Finland he will only have to do half the time he gets. Currently he's questioned for fraud, so that's 4 months to 4 years. So my guess is that he'll most likely will get something like 6 months (3 months) or probation. And jail time in Finland is like being in a long summer camp. Finland is really easy for criminals.

If Sony and Microsoft gets involved, he then gets fucked up for the rest of his life because of the compensations. But as he's a no-lifer scumbag and he's never going to work, he doesn't even need to pay them back because he can't afford.

Basically he's ok. After he gets out of the jail he can begin to commit frauds again. It doesn't affect his life that much, he just can't have a legit job anymore (if he gets sentenced from those DDoS attacks). I really doubt he'll squeal as this doesn't matter that much to him. :/

jesu

No. It's a petty crime and as a first-timer in Finland he will only have to do half the time he gets. Currently he's questioned for fraud, so that's 4 months to 4 years. So my guess is that he'll most likely will get something like 6 months (3 months) or probation. And jail time in Finland is like being in a long summer camp. Finland is really easy for criminals.

If Sony and Microsoft gets involved, he then gets fucked up for the rest of his life because of the compensations. But as he's a no-lifer scumbag and he's never going to work, he doesn't even need to pay them back because he can't afford.

Basically he's ok. After he gets out of the jail he can begin to commit frauds again. It doesn't affect his life that much, he just can't have a legit job anymore (if he gets sentenced from those DDoS attacks). I really doubt he'll squeal as this doesn't matter that much to him. :/

Are you Finnish?

You know, people on the internet, saying shit and that!

I believe you better if you're actually Finnish :)

True, true.

Our justice system is just so forgiving that the guy will get absolutely nothing and he'll most likely continue doing these things in the future. Sad but true. I hope they can link him to Lizard Squad. Maybe we can get some prejudicative case going on.

Majukun

it's also possible they don't know each other real names exactly to avoid such thing as one of them getting caught and dooming the rest

at least that's what i would do é_é

Sheroking

Don't think they're offering him some deals to out his fellow lizards? That's how these guys get caught.

Not only that, these are all kids pretty much.

You don't think one of them getting caught and facing a potential jail sentence isn't scaring the shit of the others?

it's also possible they don't know each other real names exactly to avoid such thing as one of them getting caught and dooming the rest

If anything has teach us their actions in this holidays is that they are not smart, like at all.

Lulzsec worked that way; it didn't matter in the end. Sabu led them into sites to hang themselves.

Why is bail a thing? It's like you can buy your way out of jail time.

To allow people to continue their lives while legal proceedings take place. Trust me, you like bail.

May16

Why is bail a thing? It's like you can buy your way out of jail time.

A lot of people get taken to jail who didn't do shit. They don't deserve to be in a cage while legal proceedings crawl forward.

I'm not saying that this alleged Lizard guy is guilty or not -- I have no idea -- but just saying that it happens. Bail is sometimes shitty, but overall, it's a good thing to have in place.

The Llama

A lot of people get taken to jail who didn't do shit. They don't deserve to be in a cage while legal proceedings crawl forward.

I'm not saying that this alleged Lizard guy is guilty or not -- I have no idea -- but just saying that it happens. Bail is sometimes shitty, but overall, it's a good thing to have in place.

To give a good example: I interned at a local public defenders office last semester. I had a case where the guy was arrested in July, the trial was in November, and he was found not guilty. He was offered bail - which he couldn't afford. So he sat in jail for ~6 months for a crime which he didn't commit. Best part of all is that he wouldn't have gotten more than 3 or 4 months probation anyway. Sigh.

This has to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Are you telling me these guys, who could have easily remained anonymous for significantly longer, went on camera and did an interview under their REAL names? This is so unfathomably stupid i find it legitimately hard to believe

stonesak

Okay, if you really insist
Bail is free in the UK.

It's very, very easy to flee jail time for non-violent offenses in a country as large and which has as many different local jurisdictions as the US. Adding a monetary penalty for fleeing jurisdiction is necessary here.

This has to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Are you telling me these guys, who could have easily remained anonymous for significantly longer, went on camera and did an interview under their REAL names? This is so unfathomably stupid i find it legitimately hard to believe

This guys tried to sell already avaible bot service coping pasting the code but being incompetent enough that their clients information is already compromised.

RedAssedApe

Banned
the first paragraph for this job posting by MS is amusing:

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/12116009

Are you passionate about consumer Devices and Security? Enjoy your Xbox for Entertainment and Gaming? Would you like to build a device so secure, that it is a nightmare for the most skilled hackers, yet a delight for all our customers? Have you ever found yourself thinking about how to protect a game or app running on the Xbox console or prevent anyone from cheating when playing online? If so, then we might have a very good opportunity for you!

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Lizard people are real? they hack people for lulz? man 2014 was a crazy year.

These guys are gonna face terrorism charges too if they are the ones who called in the fake bomb threat on that airline flight that the videogame dude was on. Forget who that was.

Top Bottom