• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DDoS-for-hire service owner sentenced to jail for 2 years

Planet

Hah! In you muddy face!

fishstrikesback7zkz0.gif

SgtCobra

Honestly I'd be more for punitive measures that inflict monetary harm than jail time, but the sentence seems pretty reasonable.
The affected companies will definitely sue him for the damages, if he gets a bit unlucky he'll have to pay them up for the rest of his life.

Elephant

Neo Member
I think he's a very clever kid, who's made a mistake. I actually feel very sorry for him. That isn't to say he shouldn't be punished in some capacity, just perhaps not to this degree. He didn't carry out these attacks, but he facilitated them. Without him, there are no attacks of that magnitude.

I hope he learns from this and is given an opportunity to use that intelligence and potential for something great, on the right side of the law. Prison can really ruin futures, especially for a young impressionable kid who did something stupid in an attempt to be popular.

I did stupid shit to try and make myself popular when I was a teenager. Unfortunately I was never clever enough to do do something of that magnitude, and make £300k in the process.

The Dude

I don't feel sorry for one second, these type of people don't have any qualms ruining peoples holidays and what not... Fuck him and all those little pieces of shit, there's absolutely zero reason for any of it.. The consequence should be instant 5 years if you're caught so one can sit and think long and hard if it was so worth it.

There's a difference of tryin to do stupid shit to be so called popular without affecting thousands and millions of people.

That's called being an asshole, nobody can tell me that he didn't know that he was ruining so many people's time and evenings, weekends, holidays etc if and when this shit happened.

I have zero remorse for people who do things to others without a care in the world. Not even a single moment to stop and say nah this is fucked up, not doing it.

Top Bottom