• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lizard squad unmasked by another hacker group.

It's one thing to DDoS Xbox live, but once you touch steam you're getting some very serious people angry. Thats just how it goes down. Totally not surprised this happened.

mtodavk

It's reeeeeeaaaaaally hard for me to not want to harass the ever living shit out of these guys know that we know all of their personal info...maybe just something harmless like dead lizard pics in the mail.

Either way, good riddance, and thanks to whoever did this for fighting the good fight.

Nokterian

This.

Lizard squad like to troll hard.
It isn't trolling doing a bomb threat disrupting services and doing doxxing and swatting isn't what i call being a troll doing some serieus crimes here.
They did a bomb threat when John smedley from SOE was on a plane. They disgraced him putting his fathers Grave stone on twitter little shitheads.

watchdog

Interesting situation. But it's scary that the other hacker group was able to get that much information on these kids. I'm glad that they were able to reveal who the perpetrators are but I don't think it was appropriate to release information about their family. The internet is an amazing and frightening place.

I mean, when they arent causing people headaches.

I dunno..

Well, I understand that is not atypical from this groups to leave false/misdirected information in a public manner to distraught others. But I still would not call him "hard trolling" because I don't want to give this groups any sort of power or entitlement.

legacyzero

Banned
It isn't trolling doing a bomb threat disrupting services and doing doxxing and swatting isn't what i call being a troll doing some serieus crimes here.
Good lord man, read my post above yours lol.

Remember when they tweeted "Hacked by Annonymous" and then some time later tweeted that they were trolling.

bomblord1

Banned
So how exaxtly did they find such intimate details? Only thing I can think of is the DDOS programs they were using had some kind of trackback software in it.

Jedi2016

So how exaxtly did they find such intimate details? Only thing I can think of is the DDOS programs they were using had some kind of trackbaca software in it.
All they need is to source the original signal. Get an IP address, and everything else is public knowledge. You'd be surprised (and horrified) to know just how much of your personal information is available on the internet. Especially if you have a name.

Skeff

So how exaxtly did they find such intimate details? Only thing I can think of is the DDOS programs they were using had some kind of trackbaca software in it.

Doubt we can talk about this much but it appears Skype -> ip address and just went from there from the tweets I read.

So I'm guessing these kids used personal information in their email/twitter accounts? Not using a proxy? I'm not sure how finest squad was able to pull up all that info but kudos to them for giving it to the police

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Doubt we can talk about this much but it appears Skype -> ip address and just went from there from the tweets I read.

Probably. Skype is used to get a twitch streamer's ip, so that they can be ddos'd, etc.

JCizzle

I hope it's real and they are public about the punishment these kids get. There needs to be a strong deterrent against this type of behavior.

bomblord1

Banned
IP address can tell you at best a wide area. There had to have been more to it than that. If they had a full name +IP it would be easy as you can do a lookup for that name restrained to that area.

Edit, sorry I completely glossed over the Skype part that would make it easy

It's reeeeeeaaaaaally hard for me to not want to harass the ever living shit out of these guys know that we know all of their personal info...maybe just something harmless like dead lizard pics in the mail.

Either way, good riddance, and thanks to whoever did this for fighting the good fight.

Maybe you should not harass them.

JCizzle

How did they get them taken off twitter? That confuses the shit out of me. Twitter needed real names and shit before they'd take them down?
I think it was more likely law enforcement asked them to keep the account open hoping that they'd make a mistake. Could be wrong though.

gelf

They released a lot of information. Addresses phone numbers etc
Whoes to say those addresses are actually Lizard Squad though? Did that info have any proof? They could be doxxing thier enemies under a cover of an exposing their operation.

If this info really is them though then yes I hope we see some prosecutions and some jail time for the worst offenders.

Whoes to say those addresses are actually Lizard Squad though? Did that info have any proof? They could be doxxing thier enemies under a cover of an exposing their operation.

If this info really is them though then yes I hope we see some prosecutions and some jail time for the worst offenders.

Skype names, pics, IPs (real and VPNs used),routers and equipment used, parents names, pics of parents, addresses (previous and cuurrent), email addresses, server host names, account numbers and passcodes, domain names, all twitter handles along with those twitter accounts being banned or confirming trouble

There's a LOT of info released about them and it's a bit too much or too specific and detailed to be faked or trolling. Not only that but police reports posted talking about arresting some of them coinciding with the names posted.

How did they get them taken off twitter? That confuses the shit out of me. Twitter needed real names and shit before they'd take them down?

Leave the accounts open to better track them and what they're doing. When they finally get taken down they have more of a paper trail or more evidence through the accounts to back up the arrests

OraleeWey

Their twitter linked to some articles detailing arrests.

They posted a picture of one of the kid's moms, and lots of contact information for relatives of these kids that are almost completely sure to have no idea what's been going on or what the hell a "Lizard Squad" is.

That's crossing a serious line. Honestly, I think these "unmasker" guys have just as much to answer to now as the guys they're exposing.
Yeah. If you have an idea of their identity, please do tip the authorities. Making that information public is unnecessary and shitty. Their families deserve sympathy, not a shitty internet mob harassing them.

The lizards though deserve to be made an example of. Sick of these kind of asshole kids. People who think they can get away with whatever they want on the internet and that swatting and bomb threats are lulzy pranks. Hope they hate living with this on their records for the rest of their lives.

Ambient80

Lizard squad are assholes with dumb priorities but I would pick their side over huge shitty corporations and the FBI any day.

You would side with a group calling bomb threats and swatting and harassing an exec with pictures of his dead fathers gravestone over the FBI? Ok.

dvuwo69yoqe0ixzonsj5.jpg
Since this is the average swatter in these groups, I have little sympathy.

oti

Banned

Nein.

ttech10

I hope it's real and they are public about the punishment these kids get. There needs to be a strong deterrent against this type of behavior.

Just for the public part, they need to bring back the stockades. I wouldn't mind throwing some tomatoes at these people.

As for punishment, jail time and fines are the big ones and then some internet banning. Swatting people, blackmail and bomb threats to airplanes are major issues.

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing those people on here supporting the things they did to get some sort of punishment. It's sad that they are okay with stuff like blackmailing female streamers for nude pics and swatting them when they don't give in. That's some seriously messed up stuff.

As for punishment, jail time and fines are the big ones and then some internet banning. Swatting people, blackmail and bomb threats to airplanes are major issues.
Yeah, exactly. I know Adult Swim was joking when they said in the Fartcopter Infomercial "kids become violent when they are bored", but man do kids do stupid stuff when they are bored nowadays.

This sounds fake to me as well. Wish it were true though.

Yeah, exactly. I know Adult Swim was joking when they said in the Fartcopter Infomercial "kids become violent when they are bored", but man do kids do stupid stuff when they are bored nowadays.

This is not a new thing. The modern public park systems that you are familiar with sprung up to provide kids with something positive to do to stem the alarming rise in youth crime that followed in the aftermath of anti-child labor laws.

Kids with too much time = terrible shit.

Yeah. If you have an idea of their identity, please do tip the authorities. Making that information public is unnecessary and shitty. Their families deserve sympathy, not a shitty internet mob harassing them.

The lizards though deserve to be made an example of. Sick of these kind of asshole kids. People who think they can get away with whatever they want on the internet and that swatting and bomb threats are lulzy pranks. Hope they hate living with this on their records for the rest of their lives.

Normally I'd agree that making it public is shitty but when these dirtbags openly pastebin people's info on Twitter that they're going to swat then the same needs to happen to them too.
I've seen them post similar info about people up on Twitter for everyone to see like parents info, house values, social security numbers, email addresses, home addresses etc. The least that can happen is a fair reciprocation.

Artorias

Banned
Lizard squad are assholes with dumb priorities but I would pick their side over huge shitty corporations and the FBI any day.

Please tell us more about their side. I mean they must stand for something if you side with people who swat female streamers for refusing to send nudes and all that.

My guess is you're a coward like these goons, and you won't be back in this thread.

TyrantII

They posted a picture of one of the kid's moms, and lots of contact information for relatives of these kids that are almost completely sure to have no idea what's been going on or what the hell a "Lizard Squad" is.

That's crossing a serious line. Honestly, I think these "unmasker" guys have just as much to answer to now as the guys they're exposing.

Don't play in the fire if you don't want to get burned.

These kids are going to be in deep shit, rightfully. If they're over 18 they're going to he ruined financially with possible prison time.

Yes, because that's what happened to lulzsec when the FBI got involved. /s
Sure, they're minors which probably greatly reduces the punishment. A way around that? Put all of them on the terror watch list for that instance with the Sony executive.

Good luck ever traveling again fellas!

Normally I'd agree that making it public is shitty but when these dirtbags openly pastebin people's info on Twitter that they're going to swat then the same needs to happen to them too.
I've seen them post similar info about people up on Twitter for everyone to see like parents info, house values, social security numbers, email addresses, home addresses etc. The least that can happen is a fair reciprocation.
Yeah, I'm sure these shitty kids' families will see it as fair reciprocation when random angry Internet people start harassing them.

Red Mage

I hope that the parents are sued or prosecuted for this. Parents need to learn to pay attention to what their little darlings are doing with that computer they bought them.

People kill themselves in random sweatshops to avoid making the tech for these companies because profit>human rights, and the FBI since it's inception has routinely surveilled and murdered political dissidents like the KGB.

The worst thing lizard squad people did is swatting, which is really really bad, and for that they deserve to be shat on, but I'm assuming more people are upset because they couldn't play GTA online for half a day.

Are you for real?

Top Bottom