• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lizard squad unmasked by another hacker group.

Marvel

could never
Reading through FinestSquads tweets sure is interesting lol, systematic indeed.

D73iQAv.gif

Wasn't lizard squad supposed to take down xbox servers? Damn, I really wanted to see that.

Sakujou

Banned
Wasn't lizard squad supposed to take down xbox servers? Damn, I really wanted to see that. Then there wouldn't be the "at least xbox live didn't go down for a few months" in the PSN vs xbox live debates.

it indeed got hacked but ms is able to get their shit together faster than sony...

there was some thread about this a few weeks before...

VinFTW

Wasn't lizard squad supposed to take down xbox servers? Damn, I really wanted to see that. Then there wouldn't be the "at least xbox live didn't go down for a few months" in the PSN vs xbox live debates.

Maybe I'm thinking of another group.

WTF. What is wrong with you?

I'm seeing a disgusting amount of people defending this sick, sadistic kids in here and it's honestly disturbing.

Can't say I'm sorry for them! Those little bastards will hopefully learn their lesson!
The last two days they have been hammering on EA servers, who is somehow under Telia, the largest network distribution company here in Sweden, so internet has been down for the past two evenings. Oh, karma!
^Thre you have it in better wording, however it lasted much longer than 45 minutes. More like 4 hours!

Jonnax

WTF. What is wrong with you?

I'm seeing a disgusting amount of people defending this sick, sadistic kids in here and it's honestly disturbing.

Yeah, calling in bomb threats on a plane and swatting female streamers if they don't provide nudes. And some people are saying that they don't deserve jail time.

i hope this.

its weird, that there is a hacker group helping out cia and some major multi billion companies for no profit.

especially if you see companies like ms and sony exploited and fooling everyone out there.

i dont know if this was true or not, but if you hand out information about sonys insecure online-service and sony doesnt give a shit, there is seriously something wrong out there.

They aren't doing it to help corporations or the CIA, they're doing it because Lizard Squad are a bunch of cunts.

Cudder

I don't think these kids should get prison time. I really hate them but they deserve a fine and a ban from the Internet for a while

They called in a bomb threat to an airline for a plane that was in the air, and have swatted many people which is dangerous in and of itself. You're fucking hilarious.

Joni

i hope this.
Why? They aren't doing anything worthwhile. LizardSquad isn't finding undocumented weaknesses, they aren't trying to help anyone, they're just overrunning servers in sheer numbers without getting in anywhere. They're just causing you to get locked out.

Only idiots would say that because it is not what LizardSquad did to the PSN servers.

It was only a matter of time until they pissed off some legit hacker trying to get on Steam, DOTA, PSN, XBL, etc.

These little annoying morons were just DDoSing and likely weren't very good "hackers" at all. Seems they just pissed off some real ones

Madness

They called in a bomb threat to an airline for a plane that was in the air, and have swatted many people which is dangerous in and of itself. You're fucking hilarious.

It's crazy how quickly people resort to a boys will be boys mentality. This isn't some Hackers movie. These kids were doing bomb threats to planes, threatening to SWAT for nudes, DDoS attacks etc. They deserve to be punished to the full extent of the law.

Nome

I don't think these kids should get prison time. I really hate them but they deserve a fine and a ban from the Internet for a while
My ex and I were victims, and she ended up connecting to a lot of his other victims too. He always calls in a bomb threat with hostages, so the SWAT teams often end up tearing apart the entire apartment looking for a bomb. It's pretty malicious.
Lizard squad are assholes with dumb priorities but I would pick their side over huge shitty corporations and the FBI any day.
Wait til it happens to you one day.

It's crazy how quickly people resort to a boys will be boys mentality. This isn't some Hackers movie. These kids were doing bomb threats to planes, threatening to SWAT for nudes, DDoS attacks etc. They deserve to be punished to the full extent of the law.
Jimmy did you call in another bomb threat? Oh you little scamp.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
My ex and I were victims, and she ended up connecting to a lot of his other victims too. He always calls in a bomb threat with hostages, so the SWAT teams often end up tearing apart the entire apartment looking for a bomb. It's pretty malicious.

Wait til it happens to you one day.

That is fucking horrible :(

Little shitheads the lot of them.

JP

Didn;t see the list but I notice 'Fatally' is mentioned, is it the same list that was published last week with 'Chief', 'Vypor', 'KMS', etc, etc?

Mikey Jr.

Awesome finest squad. Fuck these pricks. Glad they got fucked up before they fucked with PSN and Xbl before Christmas.

jesu

Maybe I'm thinking of another group.

Well that's not very nice.

But when they did indeed take down XBL it was just one specific area in the US that was down, everywhere else was fine.

L Thammy

Agreed. And that's a problem that extends well beyond the Internet, to a lot of violence and other things.

That said, they deserve to punished to the full extend of the law. If Finest Squad posted information on their family in public, that goes a bit far. They could have given the information to the police through a direct channel.

I love how they attacked gamers. They didn't have the balls to ddos an actual government site like the FBI or CIA.

I don't think it's about not having the "balls" to attack someone more serious. They're kids who want attention from their peers. They go after the things that already have their peers' attention.

Henrar

Agreed. And that's a problem that extends well beyond the Internet, to a lot of violence and other things.

That said, they deserve to punished to the full extend of the law. If Finest Squad posted information on their family in public, that goes a bit far.

I don't think so. It's brutal, yes. But it's the only way to get their parents attention to what those kids are doing on the Internet.

Cabal

They deserved every bit of this. Kids or not, they are criminals and all of them should be in prison. some of them are young enough that their parents will probably be in trouble as well, if not at the criminal level then at the civil level. Moral of the story: monitor what your kids do on the Internet. A simple net nanny would have solved a lot of this bullshit

Regardless if they are children, everyone is brought up to learn right from wrong. The acts these children committed were not harmless. I hope they are punished thoroughly. No one should have to fear being swatted and taken advantage of when trying to have a good time.

So what's the potential sentence for bringing down/delaying a civilian aircraft with a false bomb alarm?
This:
News said:
Erica Turner of Shreveport was indicted earlier this year on two counts of making telephone calls in Shreveport and Monroe to Delta Airlines and falsely reporting that Delta Flight 1074 had a bomb on board. The incident occurred in January.

U.S district Judge Robert G. James set sentencing for Jan. 14 at 1:30 p.m.
The judge told Turner Tuesday that she could receive a jail term of up to five years and a fine of up to $250,000.

Tigress

I don't really condone that they posted the info publicly, especially the info of relatives and people who really had nothing to do with it save just happened to be related to the person (they probably didn't even know the kid was doing it).

But, I was wondering when some hacker group would finally have enough and decide to show those kids that they really weren't all that (they were getting really big heads when they claimed they were going to bring xbox live down permenantly... that to me screamed young kid when they got that arrogant).

Not surprised at all they are young kids. They acted like young kids especially with the fact they were doing this for the LoLs and pretty apparent they were loving the attention of everyone getting pissed at them. Their whole attitude screamed young kid. I dunno, I'd have been a lot more shocked if they were adults or even older kids.

jesu

That said, they deserve to punished to the full extend of the law. If Finest Squad posted information on their family in public, that goes a bit far. They could have given the information to the police through a direct channel.

I don't think it's about not having the "balls" to attack someone more serious. They're kids who want attention from their peers. They go after the things that already have their peers' attention.

I think being doxxed is the least of their worries.
Lulzec did time.

I called this when PSN went down. I knew it wouldn't be a government agency who took them down but a second pissed off hacker group who's gaming was interrupted. Don't fuck with vidya games.

To those saying they don't deserve jail or you wanted to see them takedown another online servicr, please stop. I am saying please stop in an effort to be polite and stay within forum rules. If I had the opportunity to speak my mind I would have a couple more choice words for you all.

They deserve full punishment. A message needs to be sent about this kind of crap. Not sure why folks are defending such behavior.

I seriously doubt the government needs people whose claim to "fame" is DDoSing.
People just don't understand that what these kids were doing wasn't hacking.

Top Bottom