• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat [Mafia] |OT| Till Death Do Us Part

*Splinter

Going with Bats plan: the player named by Fluxtime could be a townie or a scum teammate they are trying to clear. It gives us nothing.

Back to the bat-drawing board

*Splinter

To clarify I'm not saying we should lynch flux today - in fact I think the opposite, and disagree with bats' assessment that that's where we're heading - I'm just pointing out the glaring flaw in his plan

batsnacks

It just feels bad to lynch someone who claimed a power role on the first day, regardless of how awful the claim was. I think it's better to wait a day especially considering what role they claimed. Role cop is really hard to fake in a closed setup cause you have to make stuff up.

So, I'm trying to say I can see them being mafia but my better judgement makes me think wait a day. I want to wait a day.

batsnacks

To clarify I'm not saying we should lynch flux today - in fact I think the opposite, and disagree with bats' assessment that that's where we're heading - I'm just pointing out the glaring flaw in his plan
My plan is to wait! That means you agree with me!

Burbeting

Banned
Hi, trying Ouro's script with this votecount as well :)

rest & karu (1)
fluxwavez
sophia

launchpadmcq & gorlak (2)
fluxwavez
*splinter
blargonaut
cabot

*splinter & cabot (0)
gorlak
kingkitty

timeaisis & fluxwavez (4)
launchpadmcq
ultrajay
ty4on
coppanuva
*splinter
*splinter
camjo-z
*splinter

blargonaut & kawl_usc (2)
flame_ac
boo boo'n
karkador
zippedpinhead

kingkitty & hyperactivity (1)
hyperactivity
czartim

el topo & miracle (2)
cabot
gorlak

coppanuva & flame_ac (2)
*splinter
ty4on
batsnacks
fluxwavez
hyperactivity

karkador & zippedpinhead (1)
fluxwavez
fluxwavez
coppanuva

neverforever & czartim (0)
coppanuva

ultrajay & boo boo'n (2)
never forever
kyanrute
kingkitty
coppanuva

magnumboy20xx & batsnacks (1)
flame_ac

tl21xx & camjo-z (0)
coppanuva

kyanrute & retroid (1)
*splinter
*splinter
sophia

batsnacks

Why do you think they're going to have to give us a name? If you think they're scum and have to make it up, what's to stop them from using an obviously given name? There's a sample PM with the title of the ordinary villager, or the name of whoever dies at night (assuming someone does).

At best, this plan is easily evaded by scum. You can make the argument that they'd die the next day, but what if the scum you let slip actually has a dangerous role? We should be lynching people we think are scum. That's how the game is played.
Yeah I guess I didn't think it through all the way. I wanted the main takeaway to be that even though I think there are legitimate reasons to find them suspicious, I think waiting is better.

Kawl_USC

UltraJay and Boo Boo'n-suspicious. Almost completely absent. (This goes for 2 or 3 other pairs which is a bit disturbing this late in the day). I see since I started putting together these post both have posted some, feelings remain the same. Staying out for so long doesn't sit well for me.

Coppanuva and Flame_AC - null. came out the gate pretty hot, reacted kind of strongly to the claims put forth, and have seemed to back off a little (Flame more than Coppa) after they got some heat put on them. Possible that they decided to take some of their initial discussion to lovers chat to avoid additional ire/showing cards (as I believe Gorlak and Launch have said to be doing). Null at this point.

Splinter and Cabot - slight town. both super active. Easily top two posters by count, dominate discussion yadda yadda (I feel like that point isn't entirely true even with lots of post compared to say someone like crab). Split between null and town, I like Cabot so giving them the botd (non miller version)

TL21xx and Camjo-Z - same as Jay and Boo. suspicious due to lack of activity. Although Camjo has graced us with a few opinions about how there isn't much worthwhile to be done here. Basically zero from TL.

MagnumBoyxx and Batsnacks - town. Batsnacks definitely doing the heavy lifting of the pair for me to form the opinion. I'm a fan of his plans even if they are kind of half baked and I'm a bigger fan of his reaction to people essentially calling them dumb. Way more null on magnum due to lack of posts, but he said some RL so I'll give him time.

Ty4on

I don't see the big problem with Bat's idea. If they're bullshitting they risk being caught. If they give us a name and said, named couple flips scum we have a good reason believing Fluxaisis is scum. If they give us a name and Fluxaisis flips scum without role cop ability we have a good reason to believe the named couple is also scum (only safe claim they can make). If the couple they investigated is night killed then we know there's only a 1/12 chance they hit the target (minus Blawl and the couple we're going to lynch) and Occam's Razor says it's more likely that were the killers unless they had a very good reason for choosing that target. Ideally Fluxaisis would pick their target by RNG, but I can understand picking a suspected scum and that could steer scum into killing suspicious townie for us.

Ourobolus

Banned
I want everyone in here to be respectful. That means no staring at batsnacks' cleavage, no eyeballing Launchpad's member, with or without a magnifying glass, and DEFINITELY no ogling of Burbeting's giant bare bear ass.

sexual-harassment-panda4.jpg

Camjo-Z

UltraJay and Boo Boo'n-suspicious. Almost completely absent... Staying out for so long doesn't sit well for me.

Splinter and Cabot - slight town. both super active. Easily top two posters by count, dominate discussion yadda yadda

TL21xx and Camjo-Z - same as Jay and Boo. suspicious due to lack of activity. Although Camjo has graced us with a few opinions about how there isn't much worthwhile to be done here. Basically zero from TL.

I'd be careful with this kind of reasoning. I've played more than a few games where one maf member got right out in front to lead town early on, and nobody suspected them later because of it. Likewise, attempting to have your FOS mean something by not constantly switching votes and posting reads doesn't mean you're just trying to lay low.

Coppanuva

Yeah I guess I didn't think it through all the way. I wanted the main takeaway to be that even though I think there are legitimate reasons to find them suspicious, I think waiting is better.

Fair point. Though I will point out that if you're interested in giving Fluxaisis the opportunity to prove themselves, they need to be around until D3 (they give us a role name D2, then we wait for the person to die, which is either the end of D2 or night 2).

Also welcome Giant Panda! I'm willing to give you some time to catch up (assuming El Topo hasn't left you any messages in your chat), but I'd like to hear from you before the day's end.

Retroid

Okay so, you all want to hear from me, I understand. My general play style is to not lynch someone who claims on the first day including millers (who I know are potentially an easy target). So who do we vote for? I have no clue, I would suggest a no lynch however I know how the general population feels about that one...

Miracle has been replaced by Giant Panda.

Effective immediately

Looks like I am no longer the least inactive? (I'm kidding of course)

Kawl_USC

I'd be careful with this kind of reasoning. I've played more than a few games where one maf member got right out in front to lead town early on, and nobody suspected them later because of it. Likewise, attempting to have your FOS mean something by not constantly switching votes and posting reads doesn't mean you're just trying to lay low.

Eh I'm gonna post reads. They are not legally binding or really indicative of super strong feelings. By no means am I nominating SplintBot as town leader and waiting with bated breathe for his word on where to vote.

And FOS? No clue what that acronym means. And yea I know there are other ways beyond posting reads and voting to be active. And some of the people I called out have now come out to play in the last few hours, but I already had my notes written up so they are getting published damnit.

Sophia

I don't see the big problem with Bat's idea. If they're bullshitting they risk being caught. If they give us a name and said, named couple flips scum we have a good reason believing Fluxaisis is scum. If they give us a name and Fluxaisis flips scum without role cop ability we have a good reason to believe the named couple is also scum (only safe claim they can make). If the couple they investigated is night killed then we know there's only a 1/12 chance they hit the target (minus Blawl and the couple we're going to lynch) and Occam's Razor says it's more likely that were the killers unless they had a very good reason for choosing that target. Ideally Fluxaisis would pick their target by RNG, but I can understand picking a suspected scum and that could steer scum into killing suspicious townie for us.

Adding my own thought to this: I, personally, am not feeling confident about lynching a power role as of right now. I'm not in 100% agreement on the specifics with Ty4on, but as for the general case I'm putting my opinion with my partner.

Also, welcome to the game, Giant Panda!

Flame_AC

Thanks for your posts MagnumBoy!

Now, I know you just posted Retroid, but I want you to actually say how you feel about Blarg/Kawl and Flux/Time and anyone else noteworthy in the game. Your partner made a good post a while back detailing his thoughts, so could you do the same.\

UNVOTE

VOTE: Retroid

Another inactive until we get some real meaty posts. (I thought about going to Giant Panda, but I'll give them a day or so to make posts)

Camjo-Z

Eh I'm gonna post reads. They are not legally binding or really indicative of super strong feelings. By no means am I nominating SplintBot as town leader and waiting with bated breathe for his word on where to vote.

And FOS? No clue what that acronym means. And yea I know there are other ways beyond posting reads and voting to be active. And some of the people I called out have now come out to play in the last few hours, but I already had my notes written up so they are getting published damnit.

By all means post reads, they're always interesting. I've just noticed multiple people voicing similar sentiments, so I figured I'd take the opportunity to give my stance on it.

Also, FOS = finger of suspicion. That's my bad, I'm too used to epicmafia terminology.

Karu

Cool, thanks, I'll go ahead and move my vote then. Awaiting to see what he has to say.

VOTE: Rest

Gonna be slightly unresponsive for the rest of the afternoon, but I'm still reading on my tablet if I need to make a quick post.
I will read the 1,5 sites from here on tomorrow since I'm going to bed now, but I wanted to say this: He hasn't been able to post in our lover's chat the first two game days for technical reasons apparently, today he came in, said he was able to post and disappeared again. No idea what's up and haven't talked Game with him yet.

Take that as you will...

Will place my Vote on...
VOTE: Never Forever
Behaviour of him and Tim seem more like grabbing superficial nuggets to play with rather than making a true effort. Not a locked-in vote by any means, though.

okay

trying to get people to put votes down isn't superficial and it is a meaningful exercise, as it forces them to commit to something and creates more opportunities to drive the discussion forward, rather than merely implying things for fifty posts and creating stagnation by 'contributing' without ever escalating the situation beyond a simple back-and-forth.

(also this is why I frown upon 'reads lists' as contributions unless you actually vote for one of the people you've read as scum and prove that you actually believe what you've written, although 90% of D1 reads lists are so lacking in substance that they honestly don't mean anything other than you've got more time on your hands than somebody else and are an easy way to appear town and like you're paying attention)

thoughts as they come to me:
- Sophia is trying to win Miss Congeniality
- BooB needs to hop off my man's dick, but hopefully having a more active partner will now mean that he can now actually share love with somebody else without trying to get all up in my relationship
- Kark is very belligerent and attention-whoring, probs town
- I don't approve of people giving the Splinter/cabot pair brownie points just because they're posting a lot
- lmao @ the idea of a 'second phase' to Flux's claim, as if it was well thought out enough to actually have anything substantial to it beyond trying to stimulate discussion (if town) / cause chaos (if scum)
- I like batsnacks's attempts to contribute with these plans of his, the only issue is that they all fall apart as they rely on too many people telling the truth and staying alive in a game of liars and death
- LMQ is deflecting discussion, him and G seem to be going through the motions and are being far too elliptic, even by the standards of this game
- Hyperactivity is too busy screwing around *somewhere else*, him and Kitty just seem generally off and at a remove from proceedings

hello
it's me
I was wondering if after all these years
etc etc

VOTE: Hyperactivity

Burbeting

Banned
Rest has dropped out of the game

Same as with Miracle, search for replacement starts immediately, and Karu continues the game for now alone.

Ourobolus

Banned
Don't worry.

We won't rest until we find a replacement.

Rest your weary heads, a replacement will be found.

For the rest of you, get back to killing.

__________boobs____________

Kawl_USC

To finish up the reads:

Rest and Karu - Null. Karu has at least been active enough considering his partner had to drop out. Will give a replacement time to get their feet before forming an opinion.

Kyanrute and Retroid - Another suspiciously inactive team. Kyan has at least come alive and had a healthy reads post early today, but Retroid's post just dropping in advocating for a no lynch and not much more is...not reassuring.

El Topo and Miracle - Both MIA, but both mentioned RL reasons for this so I'm giving them a pass for now. Null.

Never Forever and CzarTim - Would have expected more from these two thus far given past performances. I think I recall Tim not being a huge day 1 fan either? NF seems like they are posting some thoughts recently, so I'll give a null but hoping for more as the game revs up.

Sophia and Ty4on - Town. Both are pretty active, putting forth their own ideas, and so on. Probably feel most good about this couple tbh.

For now I will

Vote: Hyperactivity

as they are my main susp read that isn't due to mostly activity.

kingkitty

hi time

minor thoughts on magnumsforbats: magnum is slowly popping up, which is good. batsnacks is looking pretty helpful writing up stuff, stuff that i do not see as good ideas. but at least he's contributing. not really getting any strong vibes from him, but i will keep my vibes open.

Timeaisis

Hi!
Who do you wanna lynch? After Flux ofc.

I guess my order of who I would vote for would go

Flux (just kidding, I don't really want to kill my partner)
/s
Blawl
Kyanrute

The last one just because it seems like that team has done absolutely nothing. Blawl for the weird as all hell miller tracker role and the timing of the claim.

Then some slight scum vibes from bats and Splinter. No real huge reason there.

Ty4on

You say slight, but there has to be something? Bats especially seems like someone you should have something concrete to mention.

Ty4on

I feel like Camjo has been able to slip too much under the radar. I know some have commented a bit on him, but most seem to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Ty4on

What is taking so much Time? I want something from your heart, but the scum thread.
At this rate I'll be asleep when you finally respond.

Flame_AC

I'm not moving my vote off of Retroid yet, but I want a good post from you Time or my vote is going to head your direction.

I guess my order of who I would vote for would go

Flux (just kidding, I don't really want to kill my partner)
/s
Blawl
Kyanrute

The last one just because it seems like that team has done absolutely nothing. Blawl for the weird as all hell miller tracker role and the timing of the claim.

Then some slight scum vibes from bats and Splinter. No real huge reason there.

oh, I'm sorry

As far as I'm concerned, your pair's pathetically un-stylish and oh-so seemingly uncoordinated claim drop is the one who's "and the timing of the claim", k

pls

Team BLAWL's dashingly dastardly debut was premeditated to the utmost in its cushioning and upholstery, down to the roleplay that would be the delivery mechanism, down to my avatar. That's HOURS before you were even borne. We steered the boat we had to ride in on, synchronized oar strokes and all

What I honestly take issue with is the fact that you two tasteless oafs have cast your shade on what should be our rightful D1 parade

Team fuckin' BLAWL

FluxWaveZ

Well, other than that one time I said I found it suspect that it followed ours, but elaboration makes me think more and more that it was indeed planned ahead.

Top Bottom