• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia [Werewolf] - Have you joined the lynch mob? Sign-up to play!

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

Zatoth

I'm slightly worried that so many people are co-modding. We do actually need a player base to play all these games, you know, and Karkador and MattyG are on hand for advice. You'll also have help from the mods of all the other games, like how Karkador and MattyG helped each other out. If we end up with 6-7 mods like there currently seems to be, we'd need something like 150-75 players to get good returns, and that seems unlikely.

I'd rather that each game had it's own individual "head mod", and any co-mod is also the head of their own mod too.

Assuming all mods run a game at the same time. I'd keep it a 2-3 games that run concurrently. I expected for Ourobolus and Launchpad to run the next season.

MattyG

Banned
And that means it's time for my daily viewing of the most recent MGS5 trailer.

Also, I need to actually continue my playthrough of the MG series. I got to Rex in MGS1 a couple days ago, but I've been doing yard work since.

EDIT: Oooh, how would Metal Gear Mafia work? Various Members of Fox-Hound as roles? Psycho Mantis can investigate roles, The Cyborg Ninja can protect someone each night?
I was just thinking of this last night while I was playing MGS1.

I'm doing a full playthrough too, gonna start 2 today. I probably can finish it today too, I remember my last one being pretty short. Can't wait to replay 3 though, it's definitely my favorite out of the whole series.

RetroMG

I haven't had any interest in Modding a game so far, but today I'm just full of ideas. I still want to play in Season 3, but if no one runs Gravity Falls Mafia or Metal Gear Mafia in Season 3, I'd probably be willing to run one of those in Season 4.

I was just thinking of this last night while I was playing MGS1.

I'm doing a full playthrough too, gonna start 2 today. I probably can finish it today too, I remember my last one being pretty short. Can't wait to replay 3 though, it's definitely my favorite out of the whole series.

I saw you posting it in the MG community thread. I started with the MSX Games, because I had never played them. (They are... frustrating, but add an extra layer to MGS1 that I'd never noticed before.)

Zatoth

I was also thinking about an It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Mafia game.

Town has to send the Gang to prison.

Charlie: Illiterate. Is only allowed to use emojiis.

Cricket: Has some extra lifes to protect him during the night phase. But everytime he is attacked he becomes weaker. At the beginning of the game his vote counts for 3 and every attack on him will lower it.

Liam & Ryan McPoyle: Lovers. What else?

A Metal Gear game would be amazing.

I probably don't have time to run a game right now, but since we're throwing out ideas, I was thinking that a Final Fantasy themed game would have a lot of potential, since the Job system basically lends itself perfectly for power roles (Freelancer as ordinary townies, White Mage as doctor, Blue Mage could steal a role from a lynchee, Dragoon could Jump out of the way of a night action, Ninja can be undetectable, etc).

I've never played any metal gear game.

They're pretty super.

Ourobolus

Banned
Psycho Mantis - can gain control of your vote, unless you are given a second controller
Ocelot - can kill at night, but his bullets hit someone other than your target
Liquid - shows up as Master Miller on investigations
Sniper Wolf - silent kills
Meryl - can roleblock using that sweet ass of hers
Otacon - carries a bunch of controllers and moe dolls. Moe Dolls can take a fatal blow for you

MattyG

Banned
I hope someone does MGS mafia during season 4, because that's a game I want to be in!

I'm gonna get stuck with being a Genome Soldier.

RetroMG

Sounds like there are no shortage of people willing to run an MGS game. I think I'm going to work over the next few months on a Gravity Falls game, since I'm feeling really inspired after yesterday's trailer. (Although if no one wants to run MGS, I'm down to do that too.)

Otacon - carries a bunch of controllers and moe dolls. Moe Dolls can take a fatal blow for you

lol Moe dolls. Stealth Camo would also work, because he had access to those. (But it breaks easy. Landing impact. Only lasts one night.)

Palmer_v1

One funny role I saw this week is a Leader. Town aligned, but when he dies, all votes on the next day are secret, i.e. you could still post and talk all you want, but your votes would have to be PM'd to the moderator secretly.

There's also a corresponding Torchbearer or something that still gets to see the votes.

Zatoth

One funny role I saw this week is a Leader. Town aligned, but when he dies, all votes on the next day are secret, i.e. you could still post and talk all you want, but your votes would have to be PM'd to the moderator secretly.

There's also a corresponding Torchbearer or something that still gets to see the votes.

Would the votes still be a secret at the end of the day when the result is announced?

Sounds more like a Mafia role considering the effect.

Palmer_v1

Would the votes still be a secret at the end of the day when the result is announced?

Sounds more like a Mafia role considering the effect.

That's a good question. I would have the moderator post updates as usual, like Palmer(3 votes), Timeaisis(2 votes) etc, but without saying WHO is voting. They'd also be secret when the day ended.

It's more beneficial to the Mafia probably, but that's okay to have sometimes.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
That's a good question. I would have the moderator post updates as usual, like Palmer(3 votes), Timeaisis(2 votes) etc, but without saying WHO is voting. They'd also be secret when the day ended.

It's more beneficial to the Mafia probably, but that's okay to have sometimes.

That stops the role working, because people say "I'm going to wait until the moderator is online, then vote so when the update comes you can know it was me by the timing".

That role works best when the votes are TOTALLY unknown, just PM'd in - i.e., you don't even know how many votes each person has on them.

I would like to thank you all for how entertaining these games have been to read, they're quite enthralling. I would definitely be interested in participating in future.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I would like to thank you all for how entertaining these games have been to read, they're quite enthralling. I would definitely be interested in participating in future.

Hello! We're just about to enter a new set of games, I think both of our current ones will be done by Sunday at the latest (unless Karkador insists on his weird bizarro-math). Want me to put you on the sign-ups for the next games?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The Boss (Mafia aligned) - You win if Naked Snake hammers a lynch vote on you.

I give my life
Not for honor, but for you
In my time there'll be no one else
Crime, it's the way I fly to you
I'm still in a dream, Snake Eater
I'm still in a dream, Snake Eater

Naked Snake (Town aligned) - If you hammer a lynch vote on The Boss, you become Mafia.

Hello! We're just about to enter a new set of games, I think both of our current ones will be done by Sunday at the latest (unless Karkador insists on his weird bizarro-math). Want me to put you on the sign-ups for the next games?

Yes, definitely! It looks like tons of fun, even if I'll probably be really bad at it.

Definitely had a blast, definitely in for round 3. I will work on my Xcom game and hopefully have it ready for R4 or R5 if we haven't gotten bored of this by then. :p

Palmer_v1

Same. I'm obviously in for round 3. Need to see if I can maintain my survival streak!

Next game, I end up as our first actual Fool

RetroMG

In case I haven't been totally, incredibly clear, I want to play in Round 3, too. :) I'll probably want to host in round 4, but I want to get a full game in, (where I don't come in as a replacement.)

eJawa

would probably like a hook in his jaw for that matter
I'll be skipping round 3 (too busy this summer), but may be back for 4.

Also, I can report that I am alive and well, despite my fate in the game. This is totally not MattyG posting from this account or anything.

squidyj

I'm down for playing in round 3, if you need players I feel up to the challenge of ruining 2 games at the same time

*Stares intently at Launchpad*

RetroMG

It's almost time!

7BqTB8tKQfqSY.gif

I should be out doing yard work, but it is a million degrees outside, so I'm going to grab a burger and come back to watch at least the beginning of the fireworks.

Top Bottom