• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia [Werewolf] - Have you joined the lynch mob? Sign-up to play!

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

Makai

I think the next game should be role madness so people feel inclined to stay. The roles don't even have to be that powerful...just unique.

squidyj

I think the next game should be role madness so people feel inclined to stay. The roles don't even have to be that powerful...just unique.

I've never been a big fan of role madness, I guess I'm weird but I really like being vanilla town, no weird ability, just "try to figure out the game". That's my favorite shit, solving that puzzle.

Don't worry, Blarg. You'll get another chance. Only, this time, you'll be an Ordinary Goomba.

Mario theme is perfect, guys.

SAY WUT

A Mafia game host will rue the day they ever assign me an Ordinary role

They will mark that day on their Tamagotchi for generations

Nothing will save any of you

They don't even know

don't even know

Swamped

Banned
You SW people are the best! Thanks for making my first foray into forum Mafia so entertaining. Even after i died i was hooked.

So, needless to say, I'm in for the next round of Gafia!

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Hold your horses, there's business to be done still after both games are finished. :p

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Well, we definitely have organizing to do first, so the AC people need to hurry up and lynch someone.

sorry what don't I know?

kfBjip4.gif

I've never been a big fan of role madness, I guess I'm weird but I really like being vanilla town, no weird ability, just "try to figure out the game". That's my favorite shit, solving that puzzle.

I agree so hard. Roles add spice and flavor, but imo they should never take precedence over the brute detective work vs deception of classic mafia.

Hasty hasty hasty

Wow, couldn't even wait for AC mafia to conclude? Its a good thing I started checking this thread again.

RetroMG

What about roles that provide one piece of information but have no actions, like the Masons in Werewolf?

I ask because the Gravity Falls game I'm working gives everyone some kind of role, (which I think is fitting for the theme,) but a bunch of them are little roles, like the Masons.

Kevyt

Wait, why only two Mafia games? Why can't we have more than two games running at the same time? I would say if there are enough people for up to five games, then why not?

Makai

What about roles that provide one piece of information but have no actions, like the Masons in Werewolf?

I ask because the Gravity Falls game I'm working gives everyone some kind of role, (which I think is fitting for the theme,) but a bunch of them are little roles, like the Masons.
Yeah. I was also thinking one-shot actions that aren't too crazy. Like one-shot tracker or one-shot doctor.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Role madness only works for big games, as it gives the maximum effectiveness for fun and balance.

Bastard roles should never be used, they flat out kill the fun.

Ourobolus

Banned
Hmm...I guess two of my roles may be considered "bastard." At least according to mafiascum, they're listed in the "it kinda depends" area.

One of them is pretty mild though, and i don't think it'll be an issue. The other is a bit powerful, but should make the game interesting enough to balance out its ridiculousness.

Makai

Hmm...I guess two of my roles may be considered "bastard." At least according to mafiascum, they're listed in the "it kinda depends" area.

One of them is pretty mild though, and i don't think it'll be an issue. The other is a bit powerful, but should make the game interesting enough to balance out its ridiculousness.
You can always give them a dual role that helps them out. e.g. Sleep-walker that is immune to night kill once.

Ourobolus

Banned
You can always give them a dual role that helps them out. e.g. Sleep-walker that is immune to night kill once.
Nah, they have their own roles that are decent enough. One of them certainly doesn't need another one!

I think the counter roles will balance it out though.

The only thing I know about yugioh is that Kaiba threatened to commit suicide if he didn't win a card game

Kaiba was my favorite character, but this was such a pussy move.

EDIT: although, in Kaiba's defense, Yugi pulled some ridiculously impossible shit with that Kuribo + Multiply. It doesn't even make sense.

EDIT2: actually, nothing in that show made sense.

Swamped

Banned
The only thing I know about yugioh I know from the Abridged series. I wonder how much difference there actually is between the two...

Top Bottom