• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia [Werewolf] - Have you joined the lynch mob? Sign-up to play!

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

Zatoth

Was a One Piece game already suggested? Before I decided to go with Call of Cthulhu I was thinking of taking that. You could full blown crazy with that setting. A world where a gun can eat a devil fruit.

@Palmer and everyone else who is interested CoC: You can check out Lovecraft's work here for example:
https://archive.org/details/TheCompleteWorksOfHPLovecraft_201412

From the stories I've read "The Case of Charles Dexter Ward" is one of my favourites.

The Shadow Over Innsmouth is also a classic.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
And on a different note, a massive congratulations and thank you to Karkador and MattyG! You do an absolutely incredible job, guys, made my game look amateur in comparison. Really impressed!

Also, now both games are finished, we can finally share with you the wonderous thing that is...

The Dead Thread.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Where are the links to gossip and HHA chat???

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Where are the links to gossip and HHA chat???

Coming in Karkador's post, I was just ending the game before it got too nuts. I'll let Karkador announce the MvPs before he makes everything public, just to keep people speculating. :3

CzarTim

And on a different note, a massive congratulations and thank you to Karkador and MattyG! You do an absolutely incredible job, guys, made my game look amateur in comparison. Really impressed!

Also, now both games are finished, we can finally share with you the wonderous thing that is...

The Dead Thread.

Yeah both of those setups were super cool. Nice job guys.

SalvaPot

Crossposting because why not

The narrative for the game is amazing.

We got rid of the mayor early on, then my eviction clearly divided the town into factions, then the first child went down. Tom nook and the remaining child went mad with rage and had a vengeance, tons where evicted. Somehow, all power roles fell one after another, and only the poor corporate suit was left behind. With no boss to rely on. Fighting a war that was not his own, yet he was the only one left. All he had was his conviction and his love for the job. It had to be done.

Toma was just having bad sleeping nights. RNH just wanted a peaceful life. Darryl wanted to destroy the people who left him with nothing. Perhaps, he went too far.

Its over, Devillage Ass is saved. All the people that lived there will always remember this few weeks and they will never be the same.

We all took off, leaving our home behind. What does the future await us? Where do we go know? We took the now familiar train, looking for the next station.

A familiar face purrs behind us.

tumblr_m9c5qyhKs01qkmktw.png

squidyj

The Dead Thread.

oh and as a browsing tip you can append /px.y to view a range of posts in the thread (up to a maximum of about 1k on a page), makes it a little easier.

I'm scared to read the dead thread because of my tantrum but

Yup.. trains are the story of my life. All trains mentioned were genuine!

Nah, don't worry about it dood, it's mostly people imagining me vs Darryl as Light vs L in Death Note

EDIT: Holy fuck Kark

Kark in the dead thread said:
It's the final day, it's gonna come down to plurality. Darryl is HHA, RobotNinjaHornets is hot out the fuckin' gate, Tomakasatnav is off having sex somewhere IRL maybe. The clock is ticking

Holy fuck I am dying

nC9As9f.gif

GG to Hutts, AC Town and GAF Mafia Season 2!
Can't wait 'til Season 3, hella down with playing again :D

Also, how about this for a theme: Disney Princess Mafia

Town are the Official Princesses/the bourgeoisie, Mafia are the Unofficial Princesses/the bitter rejects :p

Mr. Castamere's got a player/participant list already going, but who's currently lined up to potentially host the upcoming Season 3 games? :eek:

List 2.0 has arrived. Using dates for 100% accuracy this time.

Hold onto your butts a new list has arrived, new players will have priority over returning players, and returning player priority will go from time of death in Round 2.

---

Total= 36

New Players(5):
  • Burbeting
  • Crab
  • Never-Forever
  • RatsOffToYa
  • Droplet

Returning Players(31):
  1. El Topo
  2. HippieHobo
  3. Swamped
  4. Lord of Castamere
  5. Blargonaut
  6. Terrabyte20xx
  7. Barrylocke
  8. Salvapot
  9. LaunchpadMcQ
  10. Hobohodo
  11. Makai
  12. Mazre
  13. Kalor
  14. Kingkitty
  15. Ourobolus
  16. OceanicAir
  17. Haly
  18. franconp
  19. Zippedinhead
  20. Ezekielrage
  21. Timeaisis
  22. Squidyj
  23. Nin1000
  24. CzarTim
  25. Absolutebro
  26. Retrogamer42
  27. Razmos
  28. Yesnononoyes
  29. Matt Attack
  30. Palmer_v1
  31. Darryl

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
It's a little late to be doing it now (just went midnight here), but I have a big post I'm going to make tomorrow evening about what's coming up next, so hold on to your horses. Besides, Karkador hasn't even done his MvPs and game review, so we're not over yet, technically. :p

Honestly if it had to be done, I guess the best way to do it would be to go down the list one by one giving people 3 choices D/A/Either+Preference. New players first, and if a game fills the "Eithers" can be shifted.

I think we need to get the thread out of community first :p

It's a little late to be doing it now (just went midnight here), but I have a big post I'm going to make tomorrow evening about what's coming up next, so hold on to your horses. Besides, Karkador hasn't even done his MvPs and game review, so we're not over yet, technically. :p

I know, one thing at a time and all that. I was just thinking, if it ends up being Ouro and I, they're kind of niche themes.

How would do that fairly?

I'm not thinking that players choosing which game would stack the sides in any way, as the roles would ultimately be random.

Squidyj
Are you SURE Nin is town?
this fucking kid.
Ourobolus
We investigated him.
Squidyj
yeah but are you sure?

Hahaha

Dead thread is great

I wish the first game had one

I'm looking forward to the Retro eviction, I imagine you all lost your minds at that point

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I do not think allowing people to choose which game they enter is a good idea. If the games are strongly different (i.e., one is a 12-person mini with known roles, the other a 30-person large with role madness), then choosing is fine. If they're the same size and both feature unknown roles, however, it should be random.

I do not think allowing people to choose which game they enter is a good idea. If the games are strongly different (i.e., one is a 12-person mini with known roles, the other a 30-person large with role madness), then choosing is fine. If they're the same size and both feature unknown roles, however, it should be random.

I'll accept it, but what's the reasoning?

Karkador

Banned
I might have something ready to host soon , but probably not before Gen 3 starts. I need more time to think about it. It's gonna be different.

Also, how much time are we thinking we'll have the recruitment thread out in the wild? I've got to finalize some things on my design, but I'm not really feeling up to it and probably won't be for a few days.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Also, how much time are we thinking we'll have the recruitment thread out in the wild? I've got to finalize some things on my design, but I'm not really feeling up to it and probably won't be for a few days.

oh gosh, it'll probably be open at least a week, and I won't be opening the recruitment thread up until i've done some preliminary stuff. you have a tonne of time don't worry, it'd be madness to start straight away anyway or everyone will get burnt out.

Top Bottom