• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major Nelson teases 'huge announcement' for Xbox BC on November 12th [Edit: Nope]

SOR5

Just went and edited the OP, bit annoyed at the misleading source but there should still be something nice coming.

mocoworm

Skate 3 has just been added as a Games on Demand title for some countries which didn't have it before on the store.

You can go buy it now.

BC incoming.

Ricker

Did they officially announce the Scorpio will also have all the current BC games...? maybe that was it but it leaked yesterday... shrug.

Those are E3 (2017, believe!) material. I doubt they would announce that out of the blue.

Someone else at Microsoft already let the cat out of the bag re: Original XBox BC work being close to finalized. Wouldn't be shocked if the huge number of BC titles includes original XBox games.

Hell, I'm going to look for good copies of JSRF, GunValkyrie, Crimson Skies, and MechAssault 1 and 2 on eBay just in case.

Wish Sony cared this much about BC.

Omg you've no idea how much I share this sentiment. As someone who only owned a PS3 last gen it kills me that my only option to play my PS3 games is to still have my PS3 around.

On topic: I hope Bully Scholarship Edition is made BC for Xbox One soon. Good on Phil and the boys and gals at Xbox for BC

Space_nut

Aaron just teased this on twitter

Excited to see what @geoffkeighley puts together in a special night for the industry & gamers! Perhaps some @Xbox g… twitter.com/i/web/status/7…

My prediction is if OG Xbox games become bacoward compatible, they are all FREE for download.
My reasoning is not a he'll of a lot of peoplease even have those games anymore so what would be the point of requiring a disc.

BC must be a big thing because a friend of mine just bought 2 Xbox Ones. One so he can play regular Xbox One games on and the other to play 360 BC games on.

Were there rumors about 360 BC coming to Windows 10?

Not really any "rumors," it just seems like the next logical step. Sticking a metric ton of previously console-exclusive titles on their PC store might be enough to get people to tolerate its deficits.

But yeah, that's an E3 announcement, if it happens. I'm expecting this to just be a buttload of new titles for 360 BC on X1.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Omg you've no idea how much I share this sentiment. As someone who only owned a PS3 last gen it kills me that my only option to play my PS3 games is to still have my PS3 around.

I don't understand what people don't get about this. The architecture is way too different between both systems. PS4 does not have the cell processor. Also why is it that no one remembers Playstation Now exists?

Xbox is doing their own thing and 360/XBO share more parts than PS3/PS4. Let them do their own thing.

You guys will be upset again(from not doing your research) once you realize you can't play Wii U games on Nintendo Switch.

PrankT

I don't understand what people don't get about this. The architecture is way too different between both systems. PS4 does not have the cell processor. Also why is it that no one remembers Playstation Now exists?

Xbox is doing their own thing and 360/XBO share more parts than PS3/PS4. Let them do their own thing.

You guys will be upset again(from not doing your research) once you realize you can't play Wii U games on Nintendo Switch.
1. People can still want it.
2. If there's a will there's a way.

MarionCB

If they actually do put out OG Xbox BC, along with the uhd player, it'll make me get an xbone S. My copy of PZ2 Crimson Butterfly DC is waiting!

BC must be a big thing because a friend of mine just bought 2 Xbox Ones. One so he can play regular Xbox One games on and the other to play 360 BC game son.

So he can play them at the same time? Why two consoles?

My prediction is if OG Xbox games become bacoward compatible, they are all FREE for download.
My reasoning is not a he'll of a lot of peoplease even have those games anymore so what would be the point of requiring a disc.

I'm not sure I understand. Why wouldn't they charge to digitally download it?

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
When you figure out a way to emulate the cell processor on the PS4 CPU make sure to give Sony a call. :)

Anyways my first thought for this was original XBOX BC.

They could've had PS1 and 2 emulation running whenever. They opted to do nothing while wierdoes get all red faced and shout at anyone who asks about it "NOBODY WANTS BC!!!" Because... Nonexistent facts.

Theorry

Think people are thinking to much about it. They probably have a bigger list of releases because its one year and probably some big hitters.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
1. People can still want it.
2. If there's a will there's a way.

These feel like two reasons from people who don't understand how technology/hardware works. I feel like we need Mark Cerny to explain why it isn't possible to people who don't understand. He would finish his presentation by telling you to go use Playstation Now.

I understand perfectly how difficult it would be to natively emulate PS3 games on PS4 because of the architecture of the Cell Processor. You do not have to condescend me or try to lecture me 😋.

This MrRemyJe is funny with his "you'll be upset again from not doing your research blah blah blah"

qSk8t2a.jpg

Still doesn't mean I cannot want it to happen. And why is it that you don't realize that PS Now is not BC at all? It isn't the same thing. Regardless of how similar the architecture of the Xbox One and Xbox 360 were the genius engineers at MS got it done.

Sony has Mark Cerny ffs. If he can't help them do it, no one can.

HYDE

Banned
If they actually do put out OG Xbox BC, along with the uhd player, it'll make me get an xbone S. My copy of PZ2 Crimson Butterfly DC is waiting!

So he can play them at the same time? Why two consoles?
This would get me to buy an XBOX 1S too, and quickly sell my other stuff all off. As long as all 10 of my games work on it:
Halo1/2
NinjaGaiden1/Black
SplinterCell1/2/3/4
Otogi1/2

...Still considering buying Phantom Dust and Panzer Dragoon among other Japanese games.

Top Bottom