• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major Nelson teases 'huge announcement' for Xbox BC on November 12th [Edit: Nope]

Eolz

I'm gonna be so happy if there's OG Xbox BC...
Less than if it comes to PC, but that one isn't as realistic lol.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
I guess that this is more likely. They talked that want that on Brasil Game Show. Let' hope for the best

The OP needs updating. Major Nelson himself said he was misquoted, and that it will be a "celebration" rather than any big announcements.

mclem

The OP hasn't been edited to clarify where the Nope comes in. No announcement after all, or a specific rumour getting debunked?

Deepo

Ok, with a more realistic outlook, hoping for digital download versions of Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Do people really want OG xbox support??

Do I want to be able to have my old games playable on new hardware going forward without having to rebuy them, and access to even more games if I want to play them?

No, why would I want that...?

Dizzy

Banned
The OP hasn't been edited to clarify where the Nope comes in. No announcement after all, or a specific rumour getting debunked?
Haven't got a link but Major Nelson claimed he never said there would be a huge announcement, and that all he said is they will be celebrating the BC 1 year anniversary on thr 12th.

PSFan

When you figure out a way to emulate the cell processor on the PS4 CPU make sure to give Sony a call. :)

Anyways my first thought for this was original XBOX BC.

Wish Sony cared this much about a lot of things. But they don't and never will so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
That said, BC is a far trickier proposition on the PS4 than it is the X1 and we've known this for awhile.

Yeah, PS3 would be tricky and hard, but there's no reason that Sony can't add PS1 and PS2 BC to PS4.

EmiPrime

Microsoft would have my custom for life if they brought og Xbox compatibility.

I mean I buy their stuff anyway and will preorder a Scorpio on Amazon day one, I would just be a lot more enthusiastic about it and their ecosystem and would be a lot more likely to buy stuff on Xbox rather than PlayStation.

FINGSyn.jpg

Eusis

Well, there could still be some exciting news, but it'll probably be more in the vain of "look at these games we're adding to the BC list!" rather than "We're adding OG Xbox! We're going to PC!" which would've been REALLY awesome.

Hell yes. I've got a couple old OG Xboxes I could finally give away/sell. And a rather large collection of OG disc games. This is the kind of value-add that engenders brand loyalty from someone like me = far more likely to make purchases in the XBL rather than PSN ecosystem.

PantsuJo

Orta, JSRF, Gunvalkyrie, Outrun 2006, Otogi 1&2, NG Black, old big-ass DoA games...

My dudes, let's hope for OG Xbox BC.

Even if its not a HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT the fact that Larry said they want to celebrate BC's one year anniversary and Phil hinting on Twitter saying they have a good slew of titles coming to BC in November, Im just looking forward to whats in store :)

mocoworm

1. Phil Spencer said in a tweet last week that OG XBOX BC is possible, but is not being worked on currently.

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/786258191382253568?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Phil Spencer Verified account
‏@XboxP3
@James1o1o We haven't ruled it out but we aren't working on it right now. I'd like to find the time to do it.

2. https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/co...or_nelson_hints_at_huge_announcement/d9l6b9g/

[–]majornelsonMajorNelson 258 points 3 hours ago
(sigh) pretty sure I did not say there was a HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT. So this headline is misleading. I said we had plans to celebrate the one year anniversary of the program.

Polk

Well if it would be univeral support? Fuck yeah. RalliSport 2, Outrun 2/C2C, Crimson Skies, Ninja Gaiden Black, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Burnout 3, Mercenaries, etc. on my console (probably in 1080p as well)?
But that would also require orignal Xbox Live revival.

Top Bottom