• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major Nelson teases 'huge announcement' for Xbox BC on November 12th [Edit: Nope]

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
OG Xbox emulation of a decent standard might push me to buy an XB1 S at some point down the line.

A lot of my OG Xbox games sitting unused about now

Catman

Banned
Nice catch, it seems like it'll be this.

Conker: Live & Reloaded
Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders
Metal Wolf Chaos
Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict
Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dawn of Destiny

That's all I want MS, PLEASE.

I would love a remaster of Conker, but remove some of those fucking bleeps. In the N64 game, it was funny, and only used on some words. In the Xbox version though, they bleeped almost everything. I don't want the great mighty poo song to have bleeps in it!

Syriel

If they can get it working on PC, that'd be pretty amazing. It would also be a very good business decision.

Working on PC is not an issue for the emulator.

Ensuring the integrity of Xbox Live and working within the existing licensing model is the holdup.

In short, more business reasons than technical. If it was just a matter of "can it run on Windows 10?" then it would have been there at launch.

etta

my hard graphic balls
What does Sony charge for their PS2 games, $14.99?

Microsoft should price the OG Xbox games at $3.99, then drop the mic. Free if you already own it on disc, of course.

KageMaru

OG Xbox games would be interesting from a purely historical point of view, but that's not going to drum up excitement outside of a very niche crowd. As a one-time OG Xbox owner... The games... There just aren't that many to get excited about.

BC on PC would have a much larger impact as it would allow access to a huge back catalogue of exclusive content from over the years (Though it wouldn't do much to excite me personally). I guess it would finally get Red Dead Redemption on PC in a fashion...

And if they're just talking about individual or a group of games? Well, I think they're overestimating what "exciting" news they have.

There are plenty of OG Xbox gems and BC would be very exciting. It's been one of the consistent questions since they announced 360 BC.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Bring 360 BC to PC, have NieR be one of the BC titles. I might just bump you up to .5 out of 10, from a current -23

PC Support would be fucking incredible, but I guess I'd have to finally invest in a DVD drive for my PC......

I guess I'm cool with whatever though, JSRF would be the megaton though if they were like HEY WE'RE DOING XBOX GAMES TOO though.

Welfare

The timing is something to consider also. Another great incentive to buying a Xbox One S for the holidays... "It now supports [announced list] of OG Xbox games via backwards compatibility!"
What Xbox games are available on digital? Halo CE? I'd need to see that list of games because pure disc BC would be a very niche announcement.

However, playing Vice City on my Xbox One would be amazing. Would need to dig up whatever games I still have around.

rrs

I can see it being Xbox BC or win10 gets 360 BC, both of which would be awesome. Although, I think win10 would get both backwards compatible anyways if scorpio is more or less treated as a win10 device

Noobcraft

Could the standard Xbox One controller even cover all the inputs on the original Xbox controller? I'd pay good money for the opportunity to play SSX Tricky again.

Zushin

Could the standard Xbox One controller even cover all the inputs on the original Xbox controller? I'd pay good money for the opportunity to play SSX Tricky again.

Should be fine I think. Bumpers to replace Black and White buttons I'd imagine.

iavi

Take it full crazy train and do a celebratory limited run of the Duke controller for XBO along with OG Xbox BC

Trago

What does Sony charge for their PS2 games, $14.99?

Microsoft should price the OG Xbox games at $3.99, then drop the mic. Free if you already own it on disc, of course.

It would be insane if original discs were supported. It would also be a hilarious contrast to Sony's lack of shits given with regards to disc support of previous generation hardware.

KingBroly

Banned
OG Xbox support on Xbone seems like a nightmare for Microsoft to emulate.

PC 360 support seems more plausible because they've moved into this UWP/all XBO exclusives are cross-platform sphere. It also makes the attractiveness of 360 BC more attractive to Xbox, if only for W10 adoption/retention

Vormund

Not keeping my hopes up, but I'd love if it was OG Xbox BC. My main hope would be having them available for download.

Realistically I'm expecting a large amount of new 360 games added to the list.

rrs

those white and black buttons just seemed off in position for full time use, 360 fixed that issue though

suikodan

OG Xbox Emulation would be awesome. I'd love to replay some classics like Jade Empire, KOTOR 1 & 2 and even some of my guilty pleasures like Crimson Skies and Sudeki.

Bringing Fable Anniversary, Tales of Vesperia and Mass Effect 2/3 to current backwards compatibility would be enough for me though.

I would love to play Panzer Dragoon Orta and of course, Rallisport Challenge 2.

Nairume

Banned
The 360 remapped the OXbox's black and white buttons to the shoulder buttons, which is presumably what the Xbone controller would do.

ZehDon

OG Xbox emulation of a decent standard might push me to buy an XB1 S at some point down the line.

A lot of my OG Xbox games sitting unused about now
I would literally buy an Xbox One S the day this was announced. I have my OG Xbox sitting next to my 360 and my PS4.

KingBroly

Banned
From a technical perspective it would be less work than 360 emulation.

The holdup has never been been the difficulty, but rather the IP rights held by Nvidia.

Well that's what I mean. I don't know if MS is willing to do so, but Nvidia's re-emergence in the console space might lead to it.

An OG Emulator on XBO would also probably lead to a PC emulator since it'd be a lot more documented.

I think it's gonna be like ps2 classics on PS4, OG Xbox games on Xbox one. 1080p with trophies, that's what I hope at least lol

goldenpp72

Tell you what MS, make all original Xbox titles BC and I will buy an Xbox S despite already owning an Xbox One. I have something like 400 original Xbox titles, and would like to tinker with them on my modern sound system since my old Xbox is on a soundbar and such.

Top Bottom