• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major PS4 System Software Update v2.0 Available NOW

bombshell

But shouldn't the whole purpose of SharePlay should be that anyone from any part of the world can join and have a smooth experience? (depending on their internet speed ofcourse)

I don't think Sony is capable of changing the laws of physics. Of course there'll be more latency if it's from the other side of the world.

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
Any word on whether both users can unlock trophies while co oping a game with shareplay? For example, a friend and I both own spelunky and towerfall and want to get some coop in. Will we both be able to unlock trophies if we both meet the requirements for the trophy?

Not too fussed if this feature isn't available at launch, but if it isn't, Sony should consider it for a future update.

Let's talk about the stupid startup beep. Let's have a whole thread devoted around the absolute stupidity of it. The backwards, negative, idiotic decision that it is.

Any word on whether both users can unlock trophies while co oping a game with shareplay? For example, a friend and I both own spelunky and towerfall and want to get some coop in. Will we both be able to unlock trophies if we both meet the requirements for the trophy?

Not too fussed if this feature isn't available at launch, but if it isn't, Sony should consider it for a future update.

Only the host gets trophies.

I don't think Sony is capable of changing the laws of physics. Of course there'll be more latency if it's from the other side of the world.

They can't, latency will be there depending in the distance but couldn't their network team optimise the usage of bandwidth somehow when the game is being streamed?

emko

SharePlay was something they showed pre launch of the system right? i remember them saying you could hand over the control to a friend to help you beat a boss, though this SharePlay is more cool, maybe suspend/resume is next year?

no trophies for guest

The first rule of waiting on NeoGAF for something to come out is "never believe the first person who says it's out."

This isn't designed to let player two have free games. It's designed to let player two play on player one's console for a bit. Player two will NEVER be able to unlock trophies on their own account through this. Not ever.

ddikxela

Hey.. you made me restart my PS4.. :( That fucking beep can wake the whole building up at 3AM.

Seriously, fuck that stupid startup beep. What the fuck.

Lol I just clicked on the System Software Update option instead of restarting the PS4.... I aint got time to wait for a reboot.

But shouldn't the whole purpose of SharePlay should be that anyone from any part of the world can join and have a smooth experience? (depending on their internet speed ofcourse)

Like I said, it will work as well as Remote Play. The lack of specific data centres means this isn't like PS Now where everything is server side and connecting to the server closest to you, it's going to be more dependent on the number of hops the connection between you and your friend needs to take. I haven't attempted Remote Play from a far off land, but if that works for someone, there's no reason this won't as well since it's the same concept.

Don't think so, one guy is just streaming his game.

Hey.. you made me restart my PS4.. :( That fucking beep can wake the whole building up at 3AM.

Seriously, fuck that stupid startup beep. What the fuck.

I hate that beep, and I hate this fucking buttons that I press when I just want to remove some dust (especially on 360 slim... Beep beep beep). Give me some analog button that made a lovely ancient click or clank sound.

J4g3r

I was expecting to wake up and the update be out.

zJaJ6Ua.gif

Will Sony have purchasable themes at the time of the launch of the update?

I hope they have some good set of themes to buy.

Compatibility with PS3 themes would be nice, I would like to use my Premium Dark Souls II theme.

emko

I hate that beep, and I hate this fucking buttons that I press when I just want to remove some dust (especially on 360 slim... Beep beep beep). Give me some analog button that made a lovely ancient click or clank sound.

I still don't know where the ON button is i just press around like a idiot until it beeps good think the controller can power it on.

bombshell

They can't, latency will be there depending in the distance but couldn't their network team optimise the usage of bandwidth somehow when the game is being streamed?

And they have. Remote Play works fine from the other side of the world, but it's not latency free, so it works better for some game genres than others.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Fantastic that finally pause and resume for downloads are in. Will help greatly manage my data cap in putting some of the PS+ games on the back burner till month rolls over.

Still... Not happy it took almost a year for such a basic feature.

Aren't they including an 'add to library' feature with this release that lets you buy games but not automatically download them. So even without pause/resume you'd be able to grab all the PS+ games without worry.

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
Only the host gets trophies.

no trophies for guest

Don't think so, one guy is just streaming his game.

Damn. How does it usually work in local coop? If I go to a friend's house and sign in to my account as p2, can I earn trophies with my own account?

This isn't designed to let player two have free games. It's designed to let player two play on player one's console for a bit. Player two will NEVER be able to unlock trophies on their own account through this. Not ever.

I suppose you missed the part of my post where I asked about situations where both players own the game.

I never once suggested it was about p2 getting free games.

Compatibility with PS3 themes would be nice, I would like to use my Premium Dark Souls II theme.

Ditto. But it would be nice if I could disable that irritating sound whenever you scroll through the menu.

emko

Damn. How does it usually work in local coop? If I go to a friend's house and sign in to my account as p2, can I earn trophies with my own account?

I suppose you missed the part of my post where I asked about situations where both players own the game.

I never once suggested it was about p2 getting free games.

Yea many PS+ free games have local coop why not let us get trophies?

And they have. Remote Play works fine from the other side of the world, but it's not latency free, so it works better for some game genres than others.

Well if that's the case then SharePlay is a bigger feature than remote play so I guess we could have cautious excitement...

Top Bottom