• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major PS4 System Software Update v2.0 Available NOW

aro52

Jesus fuck people it's just a system update. Have people really been staying up for this?

I typically can't sleep anyways. Might as well focus on something.

Wait... Is 'Married With Children' on yet...?

married-with-children-o.gif

Mung

There is only a delay if it doesn't come out at any point today. Some just presumed it would come out at this time based on the past - staying up for it was at their own risk.

fernoca

There is only a delay if it doesn't come out at any point today. Some just presumed it would come out at this time based on the past - staying up for it was at their own risk.
Previous ones usually came around 5AM EST. So, if nothing by then, then lets get worried, create doom threads..while trading our PS4s at Gamestop.

Just updated the PSN app on iOS. The home screen is better, however, when you hit the button to go to your friends list it pulls up "all friends" now.

You've got to be fucking kidding me. Who thought that was a desirable change?

Already checked and there are no options to default it to the logical view of "online friends". You can of course select that option in the drop down, but the biggest reason I use the app just became more difficult, which is app making 101 stupidity at work. sigh

Donthizz#

Remember the ps3 update that bricked consoles? since that day when a major update is about to go online I switch off my PS console. it's a tradition at this this point. Good luck.

aro52

Just updated the PSN app on iOS. I like the home screen better, however, when you hit the button to go to your friends list it pulls up "all friends" now.

You've got to be fucking kidding me. Who thought that was a desired change?

"2 steps forward, 1 step back." - Soony

Midas

Just updated the PSN app on iOS. I like the home screen better, however, when you hit the button to go to your friends list it pulls up "all friends" now.

You've got to be fucking kidding me. Who thought that was a desired change?

Haha yeah, what a stupid thing. And it goes back to all friends, even if you change it and go back.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I feel sorry for anyone who tried to stay up for the update last night, the update release times have always been all over the place, from 2am to 10am GMT, and sometimes later. It is usually out by now though.

Remember the ps3 update that bricked consoles? since that day when a major update is about to go online I switch off my PS console. it's a tradition at this this point. Good luck.

No PlayStation console or handheld has ever installed a firmware update by itself you know? It will download them but that is it, it won't update without you accepting the update first. Even if you turned off your console you'll still be prompted to download it and either way wouldn't be able to connect to PSN.

Just seems a bit paranoid, lol.

Top Bottom