• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major PS4 System Software Update v2.0 Available NOW

Skux

kK3LTlX.png

Well time to build a rad music playlist for games. I imagine i'll enjoy driveclub quite a bit more.

I don't think that's a feature, not sure though

Yeah i can't find it listed in the features list, odd. I wonder how i got it in my head that it was a feature, must have read some speculation and forgot. Its certainly something i would really like.

Changed my colour to red for now until the themes are out. Looks amazing but I have been staring at that same blue for the past year.

Uploading a Pix the Cat video to Youtube. Easy to set up and get going as expected.

The library. I wish I could get rid of stuff from that section. I jave old dwmos and betas that need to disappear.

pswii60

Could the name chance of "standby-mode" to "rest-mode" be an indication of a "suspend/resume" incoming?
Suspend/resume should be coming regardless, Sony originally promised it for launch ffs.

One of my biggest annoyances, especially since they made such a big deal of it at the reveal. Bunch of crooks!

Griss

Damn that's quick. Estimated time: 3 minutes. Took 10 seconds. Rebuilding the database was the longest part of the whole process, whole thing took 3 minutes tops.

So, now that that's done, who wants to beat Spelunky for me, lol.

Shame the filters for the library are as crap as I expected. At least the PR said that Sony is looking into a folder solution, because this doesn't cut it. It's a little better than before, but only a little.

thenexus6

I see "two new free themes" under the share factory title. I have to download this app to get the themes - really? (dynamic ones not the colours in the settings menu)

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I'm reading what's new before I flash:
- you can set how long USB ports are going to be powered (for charging controllers)
- you can record voice messages by pressing triangle
- tweaks to the party screen
- PS button brings you to popup now (YEAH!)
- battery indicator in upper left corner
Sorry for hasty translation, I'm not reading it in English. That's not all of course.
-I set it to Always. I use my PS4 as a phone charger.
-Niceeeeeee
-It's definitely a significant layout improvement.
-0_0
-What about a battery indicator?
There's a dot next to Friends showing you how many are online.
dat gold background. yum
I gasped when I saw how the bands actually flow into each other. I thought I had a firm grasp on them but it turns out Blue was there so long I just assumed it was one ribbon.
Trophies load a million times faster now.
So to the LiveArea tiles. I may be making it up but the front 15 seem to load tons faster than anything that's not in the front 15.
I really like the "In Game Sessions" tab on the Friends menu
It is pretty swanky.
Apparently the new Vita firmware lets you set the quality of Remote Play video.
=O Yesssss.
#teamdefault
Haha. Funny guys ;)

Uh am I missing something w the music player? I put in my drive and nothing happens. Checked the Store to see if it was a separate download like on Xbone - nope.

Jinjo

Omg. Messaging is superfast now. Thank god, fucking finally.

Where are the themes at though? Can only change blackground colour atm.

Hazaku

I believe u need to make a folder named " music" and then put the music in that folder in order for it to work properly

Have you put you mp3/m4a files in a folder called 'Music'?

THANKS GUYS! <3 This fixed it.

The program I use to sync my media just dumps the files in root of the selected drives rather than a specified folder.

EDIT: lol having to place my music in a 'Music' folder reminds me of the PSP days

oh wow, you can browse through the live streams menu while the current stream you are watching gets a windowed mode so you don't have to close out of it while looking for other streams

winstano

If you're watching a live stream in "Live from Playstation" and you back out of it, it now minimises the window so you can carry on watching that stream in the bottom right hand corner until you find something new that you want to watch. If you want to go back to it, you can just hit square and it fills the screen again. Nice touch.

barit

I see "two new free themes" under the share factory title. I have to download this app to get the themes - really? (dynamic ones not the colours in the settings menu)

That's for share factory only (you know that app that let you edit your videos with all kinds of cool stuff). Dynamic themes for PS4 OS will be up when the store got updated.

Skux

In Live on PlayStation, you can sort the Games by number of broadcasters. Not quite by viewers like Twitch but pretty close.

The layout for broadcasts is great too, really makes sense.

jiggles

Banned
Some name changes I've noticed:

Standby Mode is now Rest Mode
Parental Controls is now Censorship
Display Settings is now Aesthetic Settings
Account Settings is now Person Settings
Remote Play is now Beam to Device
Share is now Show Off
System Update is now Improve Stability

Top Bottom