• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major PS4 System Software Update v2.0 Available NOW

SSReborn

Some name changes I've noticed:

Standby Mode is now Rest Mode
Parental Controls is now Censorship
Display Settings is now Aesthetic Settings
Account Settings is now Person Settings
Remote Play is now Beam to Device
Share is now Show Off
System Update is now Improve Stability
No way!? :D lol

ExoSoul

Banned
Some name changes I've noticed:

Standby Mode is now Rest Mode
Parental Controls is now Censorship
Display Settings is now Aesthetic Settings
Account Settings is now Person Settings
Remote Play is now Beam to Device
Share is now Show Off
System Update is now Improve Stability

I only noticed starting at "remote play", is that bad? xD

Griss

It looks like the trophies, friends and messaging systems got a serious speed boost. Man was that necessary. Delighted with that little bonus, probably the best thing to come out of the update.

FeiRR

Banned
The network driver bug is still there. I had to disable/enable Internet connection in Settings to load up the store. Well, Soony.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
BTW, I don't remember the capture gallery displaying the total sizes of the videos you have captured. that is new right?

J4g3r

Can't seem to get Share Play to work at all. We tried both options, neither worked.

IZH3voN.jpg

This is not good. Was there an update for TLOU?

After the update, with the rebuilding of the database, naturally the 15 most recent apps were all screwed up. Looked in Library for TLOU which should have been #1. Started it up(digital version) got stuck on loading screen.

PS button did not show the "Close App" option. single press didn't go to XMB.

I selected Turn off system, now it's got the flashing white light. Been like that for a few minutes.

:(

It looks like the trophies, friends and messaging systems got a serious speed boost. Man was that necessary. Delighted with that little bonus, probably the best thing to come out of the update.

The speed of everything loading up now is amazing. They did a really good job with this update.

Tested the new rest mode because of this comment.

Yes, it's fucked. WHAT THE HELL SONY.

What's wrong with Standby/Rest mode?

Edit: nvm. You answered already

jiggles

Banned
It just doesn't work. The console goes into standby and doesn't come out of it either through controller turning on or the power button. It won't even hard reset, I'm going to have to plug it out.

You haven't given it along enough rest. Let it catch its breath.

zkorejo

This is not good. Was there an update for TLOU?

After the update, with the rebuilding of the database, naturally the 15 most recent apps were all screwed up. Looked in Library for TLOU which should have been #1. Started it up(digital version) got stuck on loading screen.

PS button did not show the "Close App" option. single press didn't go to XMB.

I selected Turn off system, now it's got the flashing white light. Been like that for a few minutes.

:(
I guess its the TLOU and not the update's fault. The same thing has happened to me before. Had to pull the plug from the socket.

thenexus6

Wish there was an option to see everyone i'm following on both twitch and ustream on live from PS and if they're currently streaming or not..

Also push PS button to see new incoming message is very good. I still don't see why it can't just show the first few words or sentence of a message on screen instead..

It just doesn't work. The console goes into standby and doesn't come out of it either through controller turning on or the power button. It won't even hard reset, I'm going to have to plug it out.

Huh, well that sucks. Hope this is something easily fixed.

Danlord

I like how you can press triangle and manually check for updates for a game. Sometimes when I install a new game it won't find the update until I'm in the game so I have to quit out.

It's been 10 minutes, the light bar on the console is still flashing yellow/orange, no response to anything. I'm really going to have to plug it out and I'm bloody terrified. Fuck.

You're going to get a telling off from your PlayStation now - it's a bit like Resetti from Animal Crossing.

Don't be too upset Griss, you'll be okay. GAF has your back.

Jinjo

New rest mode is awful though. It takes ages (read minutes) for the system to power down completely. Takes 5 minutes before the fans completely stop blowing, that never was the case before.

AuRoN89

Banned
It's been 10 minutes, the light bar on the console is still flashing yellow/orange, no response to anything. I'm really going to have to plug it out and I'm bloody terrified. Fuck.

press the power button for more than 10 seconds, this will force the console to shutdown, which is better than remove the plug.

sja_626

Ugh. Not impressed with the new content organization. Scroll to the end of the now shorter and admittedly less sluggish 1D line, then if what you wanted wasn't there, go into the still very sluggish library that still lists old demos and shit you've uninstalled as well as multiple language versions of some games. When you finally find what you want in there, it now takes 2 clicks separated by a menu transition to start it. Great.

Even just a button shortcut to open library from anywhere on the home screen, a button shortcut in library to toggle uninstalled content show/hide (hide by default), and a system where we can "pin" select content to specific positions in the line and then choose how many recent items to show would go a long, long way. Along with a snappier library interface.

I think it has to be under root, so just MUSIC instead of PS4/MUSIC.
Good call. Thanks!

Works fine for me.

New rest mode is awful though. It takes ages (read minutes) for the system to power down completely. Takes 5 minutes before the fans completely stop blowing, that never was the case before.
I've noticed the fan continues running when going into standby long before this update. It's just something the console does.

Top Bottom