• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major PS4 System Software Update v2.0 Available NOW

I don't know how often it has been said: downloads nowadays are made via CDNs and not by companies servers....
Then I guess Sony doesn't pay for enough bandwidth to get through an update without slowdowns. Doesn't really make a difference though, the result is the indistinguishable.

wapplew

Ok a rundown on the 3 themes I just installed.

Paper Sculpture - it feels like it was inspired by Media Molecule games (LBP and Tearaway) even the background sounds and selecting tiles they are very whimsical

Rectangular - gray in color futuristic looking background , background sound and when you select tiles the sound is very modern

Spiral - red in color, background sounds is wipeout like

Out of the three I'm loving the Paper Sculpture the most which I guess that's why they've been showing to demonstrate 2.0

Paper sculpture music sound like vita near music remix.

Calabi

Well I've managed to crash the console. Whilst listening to music and using the web browser the whole thing just froze then it either crashed or shutdown.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Ok a rundown on the 3 themes I just installed.

Paper Sculpture - it feels like it was inspired by Media Molecule games (LBP and Tearaway) even the background sounds and selecting tiles they are very whimsical

Rectangular - gray in color futuristic looking background , background sound and when you select tiles the sound is very modern

Spiral - red in color, background sounds is wipeout like

Out of the three I'm loving the Paper Sculpture the most which I guess that's why they've been showing to demonstrate 2.0

I'm in the UK and can't find any of this. Where is it exactly just in case I'm looking in the wrong place.

How's the image quality? And is there a framerate cap like with remoteplay on the Vita?

Image quality is top notch. Played Diablo and Spelunky and compared the quality, it stayed great.

Diablo's framerate isn't 60fps on the visitor's console as it is on the host console. Think Sony said it's 720p and 30fps, correct?

Lag is nowhere to be found.

Tried Netflix. No, you can't use this for anything other than games lol.

I'm so impressed right now. I wasn't even looking forward to this as I was so turned off by quality of Remote Play and PSNow. This is so much better IMO!

Pop

Holy fucking shit. Share Play plays like a dream! It's so lag free and smooth that it's baffling me.

Is it like Remote Play similar to that on Vita?
Is it Streaming like PS Now?
Is it running on both hardware?

I'm so confused with this awesomeness.

Holy shit!

The feature we deserve.

Skux

"Rectangular" theme looks the best from those shots. A theme shouldn't be too noisy as it stops you from making out what's on screen.

Uhyve

Was it ever confirmed whether or not you could upload a video to youtube as unlisted? I don't wanna annoy the few subscribers that I have. At work at the moment so I can't check.

Natels

Everything is working great for me. Messages and friends list are instant.

Only Youtube app and themes missing, but that's only later on.

c0de

Then I guess Sony doesn't pay for enough bandwidth to get through an update without slowdowns. Doesn't really make a difference though, the result is the indistinguishable.

Sure but people should understand that downloading big files from $cloudservice is not related to login services like PSN. Different servers with different services.

Konosuke

I'm in the UK and can't find any of this. Where is it exactly just in case I'm looking in the wrong place.

It's coming tomorrow on the store update. You'll have to use an JP or HK account if you want a sneak peak. I don't know where to find themes on the JP store though.

YouTube app is pretty much the same as other apps, it just has been updated with material design.

PigzFly

Hitting the PS button after a trophy pops to display the information was long overdue. Also love having the super quick load times on the trophy and friends lists now.

Anth1888

Have Sony got rid of the LiveArea section for the games on the home screen? I press down on each tile and don't see anything. Not sure if it's just loading or not.

Hoo-doo

Banned
wow,
That is really brilliant. AMAZING

So I can join in with MP and COAP if possible in game? But no SP?

Thanks you guys :D

You can also play SP if your friend allows it. Sessions are limited to an hour though, but you can re-establish connection in a sec.

jonabbey

You can now start a specific game by name. When you look at the information panel for a game with the option button it will tell you the voice name for the game.

And yeah, the "press down from a game icon to see recent trophies, who else has been playing, store links, web page links etc." all seem to be gone now.

spwolf

Image quality is top notch. Played Diablo and Spelunky and compared the quality, it stayed great.

Diablo's framerate isn't 60fps on the visitor's console as it is on the host console. Think Sony said it's 720p and 30fps, correct?

Lag is nowhere to be found.

Tried Netflix. No, you can't use this for anything other than games lol.

I'm so impressed right now. I wasn't even looking forward to this as I was so turned off by quality of Remote Play and PSNow. This is so much better IMO!

it is same tech as Remote Play... did you use that before? Quite likely they updated the software behind it.

Top Bottom