• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major PS4 System Software Update v2.0 Available NOW

Vaga

Themes are not locked, we've been bamboozled by some noob.

ThoseBigheartedGreatargus.gif

Kei-

Ooh, using the spiral theme now and just turned up my volume and realised it has music and sound for when you're navigating. That's an upgrade over PS3 themes, the music I mean.

Edit: So all 3 themes I downloaded have their own music, I don't mind any of them yet, but I can see myself wanting to turn off the music for future themes. Wonder if you can turn it off since I believe you could turn off the default theme music.

Edit 2: So you can turn off the music the same way you turned it off for the default theme, excellent. Settings > Sound and Screen > System Music

WITHE1982

Silly question but would I be able to remote play (using a vita) then share play a game with a friend on PS4 or does accessing share play knock out the vita remote play?

I'd love this to work purely from a technological point of view. but can't figure out if it'd be possible at all.

Konosuke

B1B6t-9IIAABTeQ.jpg:orig

It now reminds Easy Screenshot users that you need to long press to upload stuff.

B1B6W2TIMAAyyA5.jpg:orig

Pretty cool that it shows how much space captures from each game are taking

B1B8k5hIcAAWo-Y.jpg:orig

This was showing on the What's New app, it's all the current streams from Driveclub and scrolling works pretty smoothly. It showed up after I did a Driveclub stream.

Gurish

What do you mean themes region locked? I've just downloaded 3 themes from HK store and am using it on my regular American user without any problems.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Seems okay for most people but it's totally fucked standby for me. Can't turn my PS4 back on from it.

Anyone who tried standby and its working for him or should we avoid standby for now?

jonabbey

The Video Unlimited app is much better. It's letting me watch some TV episode videos that I bought back on the PS3 now that I couldn't on PS4 before. It's showing me the episodes in season context, too.

I'm not sure that's from the firmware update, but it looks very nice.

spwolf

Seems like it works great between two PS4's better than with Vita. Did they incorporate this into Vita as well or just Playstation TV?

dunno... I wonder if it works on Z3 family too... or is it just remoteplay? I bet that in near future it will work over all of these.

Heck, if they wanted, they could let us share our PS4 games to friends on mobile phones without PS4... that would be kind of counterproductive I guess and I bet publishers wouldnt like it.

In any case, they did say that they also improved remoteplay and I see in my Z3 that there are 2 bandwith settings, not sure if it was like that on Vita before?

spwolf

The Video Unlimited app is much better. It's letting me watch some TV episode videos that I bought back on the PS3 now that I couldn't on PS4 before. It's showing me the episodes in season context, too.

man... seems like list of improvements overall is huge. Someone is going to have to start a big detailed list of improvements.

Cudder

Interesting conundrum:

Is it better to now play against a friend in a game (NHL 15 for instance) using Share Play or to play against them online? Is there less lag when using Share Play as opposed to playing a regular online game?

Skux

Pairing the YouTube app to a phone is way easier than I remember, just open the app in your phone and press the wifi button, no more going to a site and entering a key.

Wow you're right! Instant access to the digital movies I bought when I was drunk on my PS3 over the past 8 years. Lol

Top Bottom