• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major Xbox influencers and Ambassadors pulling support over multiplatform rumours

Hohenheim

Wow. I didn't know that these kind of folks were real. They're all actors, right? This can't be real people out there, actually hurt by decisions made by these companies?
So glad I don't have twitter and those other social media. It's gettin hard enough manouvering this forum.
All these "console warriors" and "fanboys". It's like a fever dream. Couldn't make this shit up if I tried.
Hope everyone is well and that they get some fresh air. Jeez.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

YouTube is on fire as well. Tons of content creator are putting out videos stating that Xbox is dead and going third party, and a lot of them seems to be hardcore Xbox fans. There seems to be a real desperation among these people because they have built their entire channels around the Xbox brand and console war content, tying their personalities to it. You can literally see these people panicking in real time. Even if the news next week aren't as severe as these folks are saying, the damage done to the brand is irreversible. The house of Xbox is crumbling, and it's crumbling fast. Fasten your seatbelts. The coming week is going to be wild.

Interfectum

Fs4UPWEakAI7Rsw

soulbait

Anyone else remember when Sony fanboys were crying and freaking out due to games going to PC? There were meltdown videos and such. I thought to myself, "man, Sony fanboys are like a cult and an odd bunch."

Well looks like I was wrong. It is not Sony fanboys, just fanboys in general. What the actual fuck?

I get it if you are unhappy with a direction a company is going, but in the end who the hell cares? Why build your identity so much on a brand? Such odd behavior.

Consumerism is killing us.

nani17

are in a big trouble
I was listening to it last night when Geoff joined the chat and honestly, it was just fucking embarrassing listening to grown men practically cry. The same people that once were laughing at the fact MS owns activation and Bethesda and Sony were not getting "X" game.

We don't even know the full story of whats happening and these guys went straight into full panic mode

Mowcno

Some people made the Xbox platform their entire personality. Some people built their entire online personas, channels and even livelihoods around stoking console warrior nonsense and Xbox vs PlayStation. These sad people are in turmoil.

Last edited:

King Dazzar

The problem with all these fanboi's and shills. They furiously fought to stop any and all constructive critique of Xbox. It was one of my frustrations when I was primarily an Xbox player. Anything you dared say criticising anything Xbox, immediately had you swarmed on by green rats. Just take a look at the kind of reactions we got with full screen adverts. And surprise, surprise, we're now seeing rumours of adverts going even further and becoming fully entwined with GP. But alas, here we are. Good riddens, they were always part of the problem.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
The worst part is....in a week these psychos are going to be saying its not that bad and they are back on board.

Stockholm syndrome
Xbox cutting these scumbags off would IMMEDIATELY make me like them better.

While they're at it fire Aaron Greenberg and Matt Booty. Bring in people like Rodd Ferguson and Jack Tretton.

Those moves would immediately make me like Xbox better.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
On the bright side maybe these guys will go lift a weight or talk to a girl or something. They'll have so much more free time.

Pulling support lol. Like they're an independent powerhouse of marketing that'll take their business elsewhere.

Adults behaving like this makes me wish they'd have to live in their forefathers' shoes for just a week.

shaddam

I wish i was an MS ambassador. As a college student free games would have been great, but I dont think I would ever sink to the level of some "influencer"

soulbait

It's just clicks and views. Next week after Phil's speech it'll be

"PHIL SAVES THE DAY - XBOX NOT DEAD"
"WHY XBOX GAMES ON PLAYSTATION IS GOOD FOR XBOX GAMERS"

yadda yadda. They'd be stupid to stay quiet if this is their job.

Who the hell will continue to listen to these people after these immature, unhinged reactions?

Atrus

Gold Member
These people derived money and status from shilling for XBOX and they now see that well drying up. They are too much of an outlier to represent the consumer at large so it’s not a big loss.

Top Bottom