• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akito

Wait Katsura worked with Toriyama?
Yes, they had 2 collaborations, just like the Cross Epoch oneshot by Oda and Toriyama.

Sachie-chan Guu!!
ibnd6Ip4CZJXew.jpg
Silly oneshot which emerged from the collaboration between Akira Toriyama and Masakazu Katsura. Nothing really interesting if not for the deformed art style , which is pretty unusual for Katsura.

Jiya
Another oneshot from Toriyama and Katsura which got divided into 3 chapters due to the length. Jiya is an alien and a member of the galactic patrol on a mission to investigate earth. Using a human's body as a host, he tries to complete his mission while experiencing the unknown sensation of desire and pleasure as a human being. It's somewhat related to Sachie-chan Guu!! but also a little more serious and I guess entertaining. The best part was probably the interview with Toriyama and Katsura at the end though where Toriyama accuses Katsura of drawing underwhelming panty shots :lol

Steroyd

I think youre all trying to read too much into my posts or something, I just simply read, post my opinion and go on with my day. It isnt a secret that I dont view one piece on the same level as others, I mean I even only own its colorbooks and ace figures/anime unlike all my other series and I dont even participate or even contribute in the deep discussions on it, to claim Im trolling or utilizing some gimmick is a bit baffling, and for that matter I dont even put fairytail as the best or premier series...

Your latest opinion is a chicken and egg argument.

And it's not the first time you've compared One Piece and Fairy Tail in that manner either.

Mael

However, Sasuke didn't unlock his third tomoe until fighting Naruto at the Valley of the En, and he woke one day to find his entire clan dead.

He unlocked his 1rst in the battle of the bridge against Haku when he thought Naruto was dead too.

Mael

The Uchiha Clan

Entire family gets massacred in a single night? Fine by me.

Best Friend gets a papercut? AW HELL NAW

:lol
To be fair wasn't there a restriction that goes with age or something?
I don't remember when he awakened the 2nd one though...
Orochimaru fight in the death forest?
Yes Sasuke, sharingan chronicle makes no sense.

He unlocked his 1rst in the battle of the bridge against Haku when he thought Naruto was dead too.

Retconned when Kishi showed that Sasuke chased after Itachi and awakened his Sharingan on the night of the massacre. He had 2 tomoes in one eye and one in the other during the Haku battle.

Why/how do I know this? Because I dislike the manga enough to prove its inconsistencies. :p

Mael

Retconned when Kishi showed that Sasuke chased after Itachi and awakened his Sharingan on the night of the massacre. He had 2 tomoes in one eye and one in the other during the Haku battle.

Why/how do I know this? Because I dislike the manga enough to prove its inconsistencies. :p

Ah? that makes no sense at all
Hey Personnally I know what I know because I kinda like Naruto and all.
Heck the Storm games are fun for what they are.
Heck I kinda like Bleach too.
That doesn't mean I can't laugh at how ridiculous it all is.

Beelzebub aka The Beel show

Transition chapter so nothing over the top happened. The new chick body is hot but damn dat face. Tamura needs to work on his female faces a bit. He got Aoi and Hilda right along with most chicks but this one looks like a Hermaphodite. Especially the neck area.

Isn't Houjou a unisex name or a guys name?

Anyways needs more Aoi in the next chapter. Glad Hilda is gone at least for a while. Lets more Oga/Aoi interactions happen which is always entertaining.

However, Sasuke didn't unlock his third tomoe until fighting Naruto at the Valley of the En, and he woke one day to find his entire clan dead.

When his clan was killed, he was like 7 years old. You'd think there's an age limit. Imagine little Sasuke with a full sharingan at the age of 7.

When his clan was killed, he was like 7 years old. You'd think there's an age limit. Imagine little Sasuke with a full sharingan at the age of 7.

Itachi probably had his at age 1 if Kishi got his way with his favoritism of him. Itachi has a full Sharingan and crap along with Mangekyo by the age of 13 and ANBU member lol. Sasuke didn't get a full one until he neared age 13 and a Mangekyo at age 15/16.

Props to Itachi though, probably the most powerful and real ninja of the Narutoverse with the exception of young Kakashi and wartime Minato.

Mael

Itachi probably had his at age 1 if Kishi got his way with his favoritism of him. Itachi has a full Sharingan and crap along with Mangekyo by the age of 13 and ANBU member lol. Sasuke didn't get a full one until he neared age 13 and a Mangekyo at age 15/16.

Props to Itachi though, probably the most powerful and real ninja of the Narutoverse with the exception of young Kakashi and wartime Minato.

Actually we know that Itachi had the Mangekyo when Shisui died not long before the massacre so I think he was a lil older than 13, no?
Also Itachi lived through a war so he saw horrors that probably triggered the full Sharingan at a young age.
Make sense if you think about it.

Actually we know that Itachi had the Mangekyo when Shisui died not long before the massacre so I think he was a lil older than 13, no?
Also Itachi lived through a war so he saw horrors that probably triggered the full Sharingan at a young age.
Make sense if you think about it.

Well, it makes sense for him to have the highest level unlocked. How else would he be able to kill every member of his clan?

Mael

Well, it makes sense for him to have the highest level unlocked. How else would he be able to kill every member of his clan?

On top of that Tobi helped him so it was basically 2 full Mangekyo + Mokuton vs Sharingan clan or something.
On top of that Itachi's parent seppuku'd themselves so it's not like it was that big of a job heh :p
Add Orochimarou too because he's somehow involved in all that...

Damn you, Crimsonlink

Mael

See, I completely forgot about the others helping him. It's like the details of Part 2 don't sink in at all.

I wish it was like that for me too!
How come the games are so much better for Shippuden when the manga is so much better before?
Did we even get a single villain whose motivation wasn't deeply linked to the Uchiha on some level?

I wish it was like that for me too!
How come the games are so much better for Shippuden when the manga is so much better before?
Did we even get a single villain whose motivation wasn't deeply linked to the Uchiha on some level?

Haku and Zabuza had nothing to do with the Uchiha.

Maddocks

The Uchiha Clan

Entire family gets massacred in a single night? Fine by me.

Best Friend gets a papercut? AW HELL NAW

the way the manga progressed, they showed sasuke unlock his eyes the night of the massacre, but he suppressed the memory and lost them and only awakened them asian when naruto was "killed"

its silly, but recon! lol

survivor

Banned
It was hilarious to see him with this in the drama.

And to answer your question on the last page : fights are not that important in the drama. Obviously you'll see some action but since Ken doesn't really fight... Cooking is still the most important part.

Good. I don't want Ken to suddenly start being a master at sword fighting.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Assassination Classroom 35

Jesus christ, the chairman and everyone not involved with Class E are basically grade A assholes, but especially the chairman. He's basically brainwashing people to be bullies.

survivor

Banned
Takemitsu Zamurai 51-60

Apologies for dumping whole pages as images, but these were just so damn good, especially the first two. I am not worthy, Taiyo Matsumoto. It's a gutsy move to use such an atypical style in a narrative piece, but it works out so well. Look at Kikuchi, the big guy in the first two images--he flows across the page like a shapeshifting mass of violence made manifest. These aren't money shots, either; basically every page has something that's incredible to look at.

I included the third image because it's one of Matsumoto's many lovely landscapes of Edo that you could blow up, put on your wall, and call fine art and nobody would bat an eye.

Zamurai's art is so beautiful, especially when you get pages like this

I do need to give the manga a reread since I don't remember the ending that well.

survivor

Banned
7 Billion Needles vol 2

Ok cosmic, you were right, the ending to this volume was hilarious. Now Maelstrom is sharing Hikaru's body with Horizon, it changes everything.

Ass Class 35

As others have predicted last week, it looks like they're going to lose, because of some stupid reason. I'm surprised that the super-killer of the class (can't remember his name) isn't doing something.

survivor

Banned
Yonensei vol 1 End

vcKjR4r.jpg

Fuck, I really did not need to read this right now. All this fear, uncertainty, and anxiety in trying to find a job after graduating is getting to me. Can't believe I will go through that shit after one year. I just wanna be a student forever :(

This is a short one volume slice of life by Kio Shimoku so the art will probably look familiar, and just like Genshiken it got some good writing and characters. There was one silly moment in the middle of the manga when they were all drunk and letting it out that was pretty stupid, but outside of that the story was decent. I actually wanna go and reread Genshiken for a third time now

Antiwhippy

Yonensei vol 1 End

vcKjR4r.jpg

Fuck, I really did not need to read this right now. All this fear, uncertainty, and anxiety in trying to find a job after graduating is getting to me. Can't believe I will go through that shit after one year. I just wanna be a student forever :(

Solanin and Honey & Clover put me into that exact headspace.

Might give this a shot because I hate myself.

I'm just gonna end up flunking a CS master. It's probably too theoretical and beyond my comfort level.

You are pretty much right about being teoritical although I am doing Computer Enginnering master degree in databases.

I have to write a lot something I am not used to. But I think its worth doing it.

Antiwhippy

I'm just gonna end up flunking a CS master. It's probably too theoretical and beyond my comfort level.

Oh yeah, it has bits of Honey and Clover since the main guy keeps delaying his thesis project and graduation.

Man, I'm not sure if I want to go through thinking about that kind of stuff again.

Ah well, I think I've sorta gotten over it a bit over the years. Gotta be an adult someday. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom