• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario 3D World new pics

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Could as well be a Chinese Mario ripoff on iOS or any random licenced tie-in game for some animated movie. wtf happened to the art directors of Galaxy? Oh right, forced to further standardize the whole franchise into this NSMB mess...

ultrazilla

Gold Member
Looks brilliant!

A killer app Nintendo needs right now. Another price drop with this game bundled
in would sell tons.

R.I.P

95989_Items_7_.jpg

Did I miss something or has the koopa suit been confirmed for this game?

Game looks great, especially because of the art direction and lighting. If this game looks this good, imagine a 3D Mario running 1080p 60fps native on PS4 spec hardware...would be unbelievable.

Zoc

I'm really looking forward to the Japanese-themed levels in this. Nice nod to Mario's roots and looks great.

watershed

Banned
Soooo tempting! This game is trying really hard to sell me on a Wii U. I love the randomness of chucking a giant baseball.

Could as well be a Chinese Mario ripoff on iOS or any random licenced tie-in game for some animated movie. wtf happened to the art directors of Galaxy? Oh right, forced to further standardize the whole franchise into this NSMB mess...
I appreciate your stubbornness in a "There but for the grace of God" sort of way.

KHlover

Banned
The pics in the OP give me a serious Kingdom Hearts III vibe. The lighting seems to be pretty similar. Into my veins.

Can't Nintendo just make their own KH3 using the Mario engine?

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I don't know what the technical term for it is, but it looks like they need to tone down that "halo" effect, where the light seems to bend around the edges of the characters.

why toned it down? it looks great imho.
was also the most beloved part of the Galaxy games.

chadboban

LOL. Man you never disappoint with your comments when it comes to this game. All that's left is for Mr. "Junior Junior" to show up and we'll be all good.

Game looks amazing though. Can't wait till I get my Wii U so I can play all of this goodness along with Pikmin 3 and The Wonderful 101!

RAWi

That would be the first we've seen it. Could just be a new function of the Boomerang Suit though.

Nope. Look closely. The Koopa Troopa of the left doesn't has he's Green Shell, while the one on the right has it... perhaps the shell that Peach has is from the left Koopa Troopa...
New Power-Up!!! GOD O_O!
New Super Mario Bros. DS's Blue Shell power-up comeback?

ShellMario.png

daakusedo

I wonder why mario kart lighting was already in a well advanced state at e3, and this an dkcr tf getting it improved lately. That's maybe due to the amount of works on the levels compared to 32 tracks for mk.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.

How do you manage to stick around?

Your posts are amazing in a horrible sort of way.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Is it supposed to be 60 fps? Also, seems to have more aliasing than I was expecting. Maybe it's just the images though.
Nitpicking aside, the last trailer got me really interested and I'm not even a big fan of Mario games. But it reminds me of Galaxy, which I loved. Looks like a good reason to buy a Wii U. Not enough for me personally, but it's definitely a good start. :)

GulAtiCa

What? Do you even know what your talking about anymore?

Top Bottom