• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario 3D World new pics

Lijik

96012_Enemy_1_.jpg

Im probably in the minority in this, but I was so fucking bad at these boss fights in 3D land and the hardest part of the Crown stage was the miniboss fight where you had to fight both boombooms at once
Im going to be so screwed in this fight

The one problem with this game is I can't unsee fart clouds everywhere.

F is for Fart

now I can't unsee it

I am not really sure if the running dust cloud adds anything to the game I have noticed it more with the cats. It just does not seem cloud-like enough or as charming as Wind Waker's smoke cloud effect

If anyone is still thinking of buying a Wii U I think this is the time to get one

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Unbelievable lighting. Cannot wait for this one.

Lijik

I am not really sure if the running dust cloud adds anything to the game I have noticed it more with the cats. It just does not seem cloud-like enough or as charming as Wind Waker's smoke cloud effect

it looks a lot like the dust cloud effect from DK Jungle Beat which i thought could be too over the top for its own good at times

lefantome

I like the gloom they are using the most of the third party titles but the rest looks boring and empty.

at least is a 1080p game (I would be surprised if it isn't, there is not so much to render in the scene)

RagnarokX

96012_Enemy_1_.jpg

Im probably in the minority in this, but I was so fucking bad at these boss fights in 3D land and the hardest part of the Crown stage was the miniboss fight where you had to fight both boombooms at once
Im going to be so screwed in this fight

It looks like you're still only fighting one here. The real Pom Pom is the one that threw the pink shuriken with the bow and has the green hair tie.

NeonZ

Could as well be a Chinese Mario ripoff on iOS or any random licenced tie-in game for some animated movie. wtf happened to the art directors of Galaxy? Oh right, forced to further standardize the whole franchise into this NSMB mess...

I had that impression with the E3 reveal, but I think most new areas they've revealed lately seem to avoid that. I mean, look at the last two shots. The design seem different from Mario's standard architecture, even while referencing it (like with the pow block).

I wonder if this isn't a case where the team got more freedom after NSMB2 and NSMBU's sales, and so the later areas will end up more creative visually then the initial ones, and the initial reveal basically only used NSMB-like areas since they were the first ones they had finished. Alternatively, I guess it could be just a change of marketing focus after the initial weak reception of the game.

Well, either way, I'm looking forward to this game now after not feeling anything with its initial reveal.

I like the gloom they are using the most of the third party titles but the rest looks boring and empty.

at least is a 1080p game (I would be surprised if it isn't, there is not so much to render in the scene)

As far as I'm aware it is 720p (native) with 60fps. The only 1080p (native) Nintendo Wii U games are Wind Waker and Smash Bros.

IMO 720p/60fps is much better than 1080p/30fps. Smash Bros is 1080p/60fps, but it doesn't have graphics anywhere near as good as 3D World.

Javier

Not sure how can some people say this game looks generic. This is probably the most level variety we've had in a Mario game since... since... well, maybe ever.

DynamicG

It's not 1080p, 720p upscaled to 1080. I'm not sure what that first sentence was even trying to say.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Not sure how can some people say this game looks generic. This is probably the most level variety we've had in a Mario game since... since... well, maybe ever.
Sometimes, in rare occasions, the crow is just too big to be eaten.

Rocket786

Yup, I knew I wouldn't be able to resist forever. That Nintendo nostalgia in full effect. I've had every Nintendo console up to now, and it seems like I will continue to as long as Nintendo brings out titles like this.

Add another sale for the WiiU before the year ends. This game looks amazing!

Heyt

Banned
I LOVE these kind of wet surface shaders!

That surprises me, I really dislike how Mario's pants and face looks made of the same thing as the ground, the walls, the grass... looks like everything is a happy meal toy. But, wel,, opinions.

That screen in particular with the almos pure white reflections felt pretty ungly to me because the game it's really soft looking and easy on the eye, the dense white made me cringe quite bit.

I was a little thrown off by the Mario / Dry Koopa level shot, before I realized that the camera is also affected by the rain. Explains how that scene looks now.

And I need it to be next month in the worst way.

Amalthea

Banned
Nintendo:"So you like HD, eh? Well, have all the HD's in the world! Eh-heh-he-hee!"

Gaf: "Nom-nomnom-nom. More! Nom-nom-nom."
Nintendo: "I don't get it, Michael Pachter went crazy after 30 minutes!"

Top Bottom