• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario 3D World new pics

Mariolee

96017_Enemy_7_.jpg

Super_Smash_Bros_Melee_Trailer

First thing I thought of.

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
My component output on my Wii is starting to generate lots of artifacts so I'm thinking about picking up a Wii U. Those screenshots are definitely helping to sell me on the system; they look brilliant. I might even push back my PS4 purchase to next year and grab a Wii U instead.

Is there any word on whether we'll be able to run with the analog stick? I was't a huge fan of having to hold a button down on the 3DS iteration.

gloomy

Neo Member
Still haven't bought a full Nintendo game on my WiiU (not including Nintendoland packin). Cannot wait to start using it again. Looks great.

jay

I can only assume the Japan inspired them, much like the actual nation of Japan, is an homage to Shenmue.

Graphics always mattered to Nintendo until Iwata started calling the shots.

Eh, kinda not really. The N64 prioritized licensing and manufacturing fees over formats that would allow better textures and better presentation, the SNES had a pretty crappy processor, they kept the Gameboy going as long as they could without a generational leap because it was still selling well, and it was Yamauchi that proposed the lateral side step with the DS rather than creating a more graphically intensive Gameboy Advance to match the PSP.

Super Mario Latex World? All screencaps look fantastic but in this one everything looks like it's made of cheap plastic.

Looks like there is water pouring down the camera. That is probably what that that weird shine on the characters is supposed to be.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Incredible.

Announce a Wii U bundle in EU and i'll bite Nintendo.

ph00p

Banned
Some of these shots are in way closer than any of the gameplay footage has been, gives it a Super Mario 64 sorta vibe somehow, I hope the camera does go in this close to Mario at times and these aren't just "pause the game and zoom in to take a screenshot" cases here.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Eh, kinda not really. The N64 prioritized licensing and manufacturing fees over formats that would allow better textures and better presentation, the SNES had a pretty crappy processor, they kept the Gameboy going as long as they could without a generational leap because it was still selling well, and it was Yamauchi that proposed the lateral side step with the DS rather than creating a more graphically intensive Gameboy Advance to match the PSP.

Nintendo has always been conservative with technology.

IMO there's a distorted memory of Nintendo representing Real Ultimate Power because of the shock involved in the jump to 3D with the N64. The marketing campaign for "Ultra 64" may have been the one time Nintendo acted like other game console manufacturers, hyping up sexy technology purely for the sake of impressing people with it.

But the final product was still conservative and limited in some ways.

Holy shit, this looks outstanding! That raining sky carnival level looks incredible, and I love the wet camera/damp shaders look. And the lighting and DoF... my god.

Afrikan

This is ALL I've been asking for Nintendo since Mario 64... (wish I gave Sunshine a chance actually) but yeah you know how some say would you buy a system just to play one game?....yeah my about to be 32 year old ass would!

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
These pics and the latest trailer look great, but let's not go too overboard with the SMG3 meme that's been going around recently. This is more of a turbocharged SM3DL than anything approaching the Galaxy games.

Mileena

Banned
I alwayas enjoy nice graphics but i don't put them above Gameplay. If the Gameplay is good and the graphics suck its still a good game. If its the other way around you just have a nice looking turd.
I'm just having fun. Everyone knows graphics matter (just read the responses itt) whether or not they'd like to admit it :)

Graphics always mattered to Nintendo until Iwata started calling the shots.

Wii still had great looking games because of proper art direction. This does not even have that however. Very pitiful to look at.
And why the fuck does Mario look like a plastic figurine? ...

Wii still had great looking games because of proper art direction. This does not even have that however. Very pitiful to look at.
And why the fuck does Mario look like a plastic figurine? ...

What do you think this would look like on the ps4?

I really don't see what difference it would make. It's a cartoon style game. For these types of games, power hits diminishing returns far quicker.

RagnarokX

Advertise this right, and enjoy the holidays, Nintendo.

Looks fantastic.

96017_Enemy_7_.jpg

Anyone think this level has to do with that Bowser Carnival world thats up in the sky?

Not necessarily. There are circus/carnival levels in other worlds. W1-5 is Switch Scramble Circus and the boss of World 4 takes place in a circus castle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1FoH_5-kqU

That Bowser sky carnival is a world, though, in case anyone missed it:
igjJJcmg071ou.png

It has levels displayed on it with flagpoles like the other world maps we've seen.

Looks like an up res-ed 3DS game.

genuinely love the lighting. Looks stunning. I'll take this over next gen particles and motion blur. Cannot wait.

bj00rn_

Banned
Gaming PC + Nintendo Console (and handheld) is an excellent way to go in my opinion.

You know what, you may actually be right about that. I haven't thought much about it before, but it makes more sense now.

I do of course have both a Xbox One and a PS4 preordered. But when I looked over the PS4 launch list today I couldn't anything of interested really. And multi-plats I'll buy for the PC anyway. The Xbox One is a little better, but I think maybe at launch time the Wii U might have some more good stuff, not the least because I haven't bought a Nintendo game in many years.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Seriously either Nintendo has found out how to make bullshots or the game really looks this good.

Top Bottom