• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario 3D World new pics

botty

Banned
I feel like the time limit should be an optional feature. It kind of chokes the whole freedom concept that this game appears to be implying is there.

Unless screenshots like this are disingenuous:

96016_Items_6_.jpg

I hope Nintendo get down to business and make more games like this as it is ultimately what will get people buying a Wii U.

I am also a little bit more excited about what they have up their sleeves for the next Zelda game!

Mohonky

This is one of the things I am really loving sbout the Wii games I am seeing so far. Bold, bright, colourful and very clean.

Xbone and PS4 obviously trounce the Wii U massively in the power race, but the Wii U is more than capable of putting out great looking games so long as the team behind the art and general design are up to task. More complex techniques and more things on screen dont automatically a great looking game make.

I cant go between 360 and PC without seeing the jarring difference in visual quality as texture and aliasing take a big hit, but I can easily go between PC games and Wii U games simply because the Wii U games coming from Nintendo and a select few others are bringing out super clean looking titles with loads of character that rely on design rather than technological brute force to create stunning visuals.

Exile20

With the PS4 coming out Nov 15 and this coming out Nov 22 I hope it does not get over shadowed.

I think Nintendo should have released a week earlier on Nov 8.

This game looks really good in shots and even better in motion with that 60 fps.

oatmeal

Banned
I don't remember doing a 180 on a game as hard as I did on this one.

E3, I was super disappointed, but now my frothing demand increases.

D-e-f-

Banned
Just traded in my Wii u to pay off the rest of my Xbox one and ps4. Love Nintendo but I'll wait until they have more than one awesome first party game, when Zelda u drops, I'll rebuy the "better Wii u" with a upgraded battery and such lol... I know its inevitable. I always need all three consoles.

game looks great though! A bit jealous :) have fun with it guys!

They already have four :)

But if you ain't feelin' it, you ain't feelin' it.

Returned it.

Do the new consoles have the update already flashed? I don't want to go through that 2 hour process again.

Of course all post-launch SKU's come with the most current (at time of manufacture/packaging) FW installed. Wind Waker Bundle comes with the pre-4.0 update, for example.

Advertise this right, and enjoy the holidays, Nintendo.

Looks fantastic.

96017_Enemy_7_.jpg

Anyone think this level has to do with that Bowser Carnival world thats up in the sky?

rar

i think it looks like shit. mario loses more and more of its charm with every successive 3d game. should have went cel-shaded in the gamecube era, ditched the voice acting, and redesigned all the characters

magnetic

Seeing this style of illustration (player icons) being brought back makes me unreasonably happy. The "postcards" were one of my favourite parts about 3D Land.

And it's not just nostalgia, either - this style just looks really fresh even today. So charming and powerful!

i think it looks like shit. mario loses more and more of its charm with every successive 3d game. should have went cel-shaded in the gamecube era, ditched the voice acting, and redesigned all the characters

103948.gif

Man, where are you people coming from?

Majukun

look gorgeous,but before getting interested i'll wait for some opinions.

seems really creative but i hope it is challenging enough..for me a platformed is useless without challenge...that's why i dont relally like mario galaxy 1,while instead liking the MG2

Calamari41

41 > 38
I don't know what you people are on about, this is clearly nothing but a 3D Land level pack. If anything, it should have been released as $5 DLC for the 3DS game.

(Edit: not serious. This will be my game of the year without question)

Seems to use AA ;)

But you can still see some of you look for jaggies. But overall looks very jaggy free.
Yep you can see them but i think it will look clean as hell in motion. Very nice.
I don't know what you people are on about, this is clearly nothing but a 3D Land level pack. If anything, it should have been released as $5 DLC for the 3DS game.
Haha, nice one.
Or, if you were serious: i feel kinda sad for you.

ElfArmy177

They already have four :)

But if you ain't feelin' it, you ain't feelin' it.

Of course all post-launch SKU's come with the most current (at time of manufacture/packaging) FW installed. Wind Waker Bundle comes with the pre-4.0 update, for example.

true.. Man wind waker was my favorite game. I immediately regret trading it in lol.. Oh well. When Zelda launches I'll get pikman, wind waker, Mario kart, Zelda U and Mario world at the same time. It will be glorious.

Top Bottom