• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC 2 - Full races

explodet

When the lightning hit on the Big Blue track and the music got all garbled, I lost it.

And why does Lakitu even bother to go offscreen in Baby Park, he might as well just float in place and flip a scorecard to count the laps. Seven? Yikes.

Colombo

Really happy that Nintendo showed some more F-Zero love. Now I wish they had done one more track and created an F-Zero Cup!

Soon...

holy shit they added "FINAL LAP" from F-Zero X on Big Blue.

This is both awesome and sad
Yet they didn't add the proper race countdown sounds (when the MK8 countdown plays after the F-Zero opening it always throws me off) or change the item sound effects to erm, the F-Zero X bingo?

Also it would have been amusing to have the unused pfirst place voice from F-Zero GX if you passed in first just to round off the franchise (though technically "goaaallll" from F-Zero Climax could have also done that).

Roo

I know I've said I'm not fan of Baby Park returning but looking at that Polygon video, I can't help but think this track will be stupidly fun with 200cc even if you get your ass kicked hard.
Music going faster and faster each lap makes things feel more chaotic lol

I know I've said I'm not fan of Baby Park returning but looking at that Polygon video, I can't help but think this track will be stupidly fun with 200cc even if you get your ass kicked hard.
I'm glad they went with antigravity. Need to make the bumps as stupid as possible.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Here's a Captain Falcon Mii to hold you over :)

I use this guy all the time.
Lj7H5lp.jpg

Fandangox

Yet they didn't add the proper race countdown sounds (when the MK8 countdown plays after the F-Zero opening it always throws me off) or change the item sound effects to erm, the F-Zero X bingo?

Also it would have been amusing to have the unused pfirst place voice from F-Zero GX if you passed in first just to round off the franchise (though technically "goaaallll" from F-Zero Climax could have also done that).

I don't think they need to add all of that, but at this point the lack of Proper Robotic X countdown in Big Blue did seem kind of jarring.

Draxal

Baby Park does something that is very different than every other track in the game (and Excite Bike stadium doesn't replicate it at all one bit). Once you get to 48 tracks in the game, it's welcome to the game, IMHO.

EulaCapra

Isabelle is too much adorable.

Water currents in tracks always makes them better. And I want to live in that Ribbon Road world and amusement Baby Park.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Man.. This game, this game! Hype!

About not to use those breaks though, living that reckless life.

eso76

This game looks absolutely incredible.
Lighting in amazing, ribbon road looks like something out of toy story. Shame for the IQ, but other than that its legit one of the best looking racers available on any platform ATM.

Azure J

Looking forward to the easy victories against your sport bike. :)

Considering that the large majority of my play in GAFcc is "do the absolute craziest anti-meta maneuver whenever possible", abuse close quarter karts for boosts, and a generous splash of "fuck everyone" in item use, I think I'm good enough for mid level 200cc. :p

Only ones left to find are Cheese Land and Animal Crossing, though AC has 4 styles so I'm not sure if they were all shown off at the event.

What the game needs now, apart from battle mode, is a letting us select the number of laps for each race in VS.

Baby Park, 200cc, 50 laps.

It shouldn't be too hard to implement.

Is the MK8 Big Blue stage based off of a particular version of the F-Zero track, or is it only Big Blue by name?
Name, music, and the general theme of being blue with lots of water everywhere, though the water usually isn't ion the track itself like you see here at some parts.

Top Bottom