• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Odyssey Amiibo Boxes reveal information about new kingdoms.

Josh5890

I am working hard to clear every single game that I am in the middle of before October 27th. I want nothing else on my plate when this baby releases.

RagnarokX

Probably not. I'd honestly be pretty impressed if Nintendo actually had them get married

P554T8b.png

4iC8zI3.jpg

It's not happening.

I think we're going to get to visit some of Peach's Castle and I wouldn't be surprised if they had one painting to play Bombomb Battlefield.

cordy

Banned
Remember when people kept thinking there would only be 4 worlds.

Shit wasn't even that long ago either but most people kept quiet because we knew how things would play out.

People always underestimate the world size for Mario games. Never fails.

I kept looking at the Peach photo. I thought it was the two lines down the middle. Then I actually opened the photo and zoomed in.

THAT'S A PENIS

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I spent this entire thread wondering what the hell you guys were talking about with Peach's dress. I didn't see anything. Then I take one final look before leaving the thread and now I see it. Damn you all!

Yeah it was hilarious. Even Andre from Gamexplain was giving it a thought that there could be 4 worlds because in his analysis he only saw billboards and signs from 4 worlds in New Donk City- this was when he analyzed the trailer from January lol.

Gamexplain said they didn't believe there was 4 kingdoms, only pointing out the evidence for this

I curse the GAFer who first pointed the problem in Peach's dress.

Either way the more kingdoms the better! I hope we get a Star or Special Kingdom too.

I wonder if we know every kingdom now. My guess is no, but I'd be fine with 10, honestly.

I'm thinking we'll end up with 13. The World Map posted on the last page still has two landmasses with really nothing to them yet (the 'palm trees' and the formations between the Metro and Snow Kingdoms), the Moon has so much focus that it can't be something you don't visit, and the same guy who posted this vid apparently found a poster in one of the New Donk City twitter gifs that might point to another unrevealed kingdom.

pElvy6p.png

(Fossil Falls is the only 'location' with the second word being smaller and it doesn't fit the purple color scheme)

Don't see us getting more than 13, though, mainly because w/ the moon being different colors per kingdom there's only so many characters you can use before they begin to blur together.

RagnarokX

I wonder if we know every kingdom now. My guess is no, but I'd be fine with 10, honestly.

Well, so far we know Mount Volbono/Luncheon Kingdom has 18 moons. If every Kingdom has at least 18 moons there would need to be 21 kingdoms to have as many moons as 3D World had stars. Accounting for Captain Toad challenges and such, let's say 15 Kingdoms.

This is the last version of the map I made pointing out all of the shapes:
vprSlZ2.jpg

The Lake Kingdom has lakes in it and Snow Kingdom is Ice Crystals.

The one that looks like "B__blaine" is a champagne bottle. It ends in "blaine" which sounds like the end of champagne, so I'm guessing the name is going to be a pun on champagne and something else.

The crazy one was figuring out what Mount Volbono means. It's a combination of the Esperanto word for wok (cook pot) and volcano. Why Esperanto?
Maybe Bubblaine. Bubbly x Champagne. Good work btw. To add to your theory, I think there are a few more kingdoms on the same continent as the Sand and Wooded Kingdom. There is the rock crystal shaped piece of land(maybe crystal mines). Then there is another landmass that kind of resembles a crescent moon although I don't think that's what it is going for. Then there is the island with the lake in the center right off the coast which is probably the lake kingdom. I suspect the palm tree shaped island is seaside kingdom. Also could see another kingdom above the Metro Kingdom. In addition to that island to the south of Metro Kingdom could be one as well. If correct that would add up to 15 kingdoms.

Fireblend

Banned
Don't see us getting more than 13, though, mainly because w/ the moon being different colors per kingdom there's only so many characters you can use before they begin to blur together.
Aquarium, deep sea and whirlpool kingdom would be my guesses.

OK I'll stop running the joke into the ground

What would be a good ratio for levels in worlds? Or is this not going to be like Mario 64?
It's like Mario 64 - everything points to each world being just one big massive level with different sub areas (so well, in that sense, it's more Banjo-Kazooie)

Well, so far we know Mount Volbono/Luncheon Kingdom has 18 moons. If every Kingdom has at least 18 moons there would need to be 21 kingdoms to have as many moons as 3D World had stars. Accounting for Captain Toad challenges and such, let's say 15 Kingdoms.
Well, I'm pretty sure I already counted
40+ moons in Tostarena
, haha. But I definitely hope for 15 Kingdoms.

Aquarium, deep sea and whirlpool kingdom would be my guesses.

OK I'll stop running the joke into the ground
missed opportunity to say
you'll stop running the joke into the seafloor kingdom

No, that was just how many moons needed to unlock the next kingdom. We know there are 30-50 moons in each level and several hundred moons in total for the game.

Gamexplain said they didn't believe there was 4 kingdoms, only pointing out the evidence for this

He brought it up in his analysis. They had a discussion later on where they voiced "concerns" that there would only be four worlds. I remember it because it was so hard to listen to people who've played Mario for 30 years think Nintendo would show everything in a first trailer.

I'm thinking we'll end up with 13. The World Map posted on the last page still has two landmasses with really nothing to them yet (the 'palm trees' and the formations between the Metro and Snow Kingdoms), the Moon has so much focus that it can't be something you don't visit, and the same guy who posted this vid apparently found a poster in one of the New Donk City twitter gifs that might point to another unrevealed kingdom.

Thanks for the info guys. I'd gladly take more than 10!

He brought it up in his analysis. They had a discussion later on where they voiced "concerns" that there would only be four worlds. I remember it because it was so hard to listen to people who've played Mario for 30 years think Nintendo would show everything in a first trailer.

As I recall, they only discussed the possibility in the discussion, but were pretty certain there's be many more

KiN0

I expect we'll get a couple of levels smaller "pit stop" type levels that only have 1 or 2 moons, but come with a straightforward challenge like the slimy spring galaxy and the flipsville galaxy.

is it weird to feel proud that a third of your thread is unintentionally about penis dress

I expect we'll get a couple of levels smaller "pit stop" type levels that only have 1 or 2 moons, but come with a straightforward challenge like the slimy spring galaxy and the flipsville galaxy.

I don't know if we'll see levels that small because a lot of the "straight-forward" challenges seem to happen in side areas of the main stages, but I hope we do, if only to still have reasonably-sized stages that take a single concept and push it to the extreme in different ways.

Now I can't unsee it either. Thanks a bunch everyone...

Anyway, 10 seems like right around the number I would expect to see prior to endgame. I'm thinking we'll see 2-4 more in the post-game, so that'll be good.

Aldric

So which landmasses are still unaccounted for? l see:

-An island next to the Wood Kingdom
-Palmtrees islands
-Archipelago between Metro and Snow Kingdoms
-The Fire looking peninsula between Metro Kingdom and the Champagne bottle
-Champagne bottle

Hopefully we get as many courses as in Mario 64.

Top Bottom