• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Odyssey Amiibo Boxes reveal information about new kingdoms.

You circled the land shaped like gems, which is Sand Kingdom. Their whole thing is gems.
You're correct. Here's my revised idea for the remaining kingdoms. Forgot to circle champagne bottle one but that's obvious.

FgPqfGi.jpg

Oh boy, hope the Snow Kingdom has a Christmassy feel to it. I'm a sucker for seasonal stuff, especially Halloween and Christmas themed things. Give me some trees with lights, snowman, baby pinguins I can throw off cliffs and it'll be my favorite kingdom.
With the different styles and inspiration. I'm hoping for a Toy World. Similar aesthetically to the Toy Galaxy in the first Galaxy. Except set in a snowy world. Go for a slight Santa's workshop feel to it with the locals being Elf or Reindeer robots. Include a factory and a snowy village made all out of toys.

While I hadn't heard this anywhere but here someone said each world has something for the wedding. For example, food for the wedding in Luncheon Kingdom. Flowers for the wedding in Wooded Kingdom, Champagne from the Champagne shaped world, Wedding ring from Sand Kingdom, Wedding clothes from Cap Kingdom, etc. So that probably gives some ideas as to what other worlds could be. Here are some ideas I'd like to see other than the one listed above:

1. Delectable Valley- Choco Mountain, Rocky Road, Vanilla Lake, Donut Plains, etc. Level made entirely out of sweets. The use would be for the wedding cake.

2. Tourist Trap- Haunted Resort. Art style for this world inspired by Boo Moon Galaxy and the haunted Van Gogh style from NSMBU. Locations included Boo lake, haunted pier, haunted house, haunted carnival, haunted hotel, haunted woods, etc.

3. Instrumental Heights- Level composed of instruments and other music themes. Incorporates a lot of wind/cloud based mechanics including floating islands.

I just hope there's enough platforming elements to the game, seems mostly based on throwing caps on other enemy's and getting moons. Trust me I'm a huge Nintendo fan but this seems like a collecathon for moons. EAD prove me wrong, just things worry me when you transform into a human to drive an RC car to get a moon.
From what we've seen it looks like each world has a town area, various landstructures and then the space in between. The various landstructures are designed as platforming set pieces that function similar to SMG and SM3DW levels in terms of level design. There are also various underground and secret passages for more linear focused challenges as well. Essentially they've taken a town area, then merged it with multiple 3DW/Galaxy sized levels and then added apropriate space in between the town area and the various landmarks in the world.

We've seen mission names appear when demonstraters have played the game. The developers have also said how the levels change and each have their own storyline. We saw this somewhat in Sunshine where each level changed based on the mission and the level slowly evolved. I suspect each level will have 8 main moon missions similar to Sunshine and 64. The developers also said when you first arrive to a new level a meter for how many moons you need to go to the next world appears, which is why we saw an 18 Moon meter in Luncheon Kingdom. We've seen the moons being obtained through more traditional Mario sequences, while others being obtained through methods more akin to the Korok seed quest in BOTW. It's been mentioned there will be several hundred moons(I believe 500-600 moons was what was specifically said). If there were 15 levels with 8 missions that would make it out to be 120 missions which would be a nice callback to SM64 and SMS.

oti

Banned
Oh boy, hope the Snow Kingdom has a Christmassy feel to it. I'm a sucker for seasonal stuff, especially Halloween and Christmas themed things. Give me some trees with lights, snowman, baby pinguins I can throw off cliffs and it'll be my favorite kingdom.

Oh my god yeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssss please.
The winter levels in 3D World are my favourites. Jolly Christmas level are the best!

13ruce

Banned
You're correct. Here's my revised idea for the remaining kingdoms. Forgot to circle champagne bottle one but that's obvious.

FgPqfGi.jpg

With the different styles and inspiration. I'm hoping for a Toy World. Similar aesthetically to the Toy Galaxy in the first Galaxy. Except set in a snowy world. Go for a slight Santa's workshop feel to it with the locals being Elf or Reindeer robots. Include a factory and a snowy village made all out of toys.

While I hadn't heard this anywhere but here someone said each world has something for the wedding. For example, food for the wedding in Luncheon Kingdom. Flowers for the wedding in Wooded Kingdom, Champagne from the Champagne shaped world, Wedding ring from Sand Kingdom, Wedding clothes from Cap Kingdom, etc. So that probably gives some ideas as to what other worlds could be. Here are some ideas I'd like to see other than the one listed above:

1. Delectable Valley- Choco Mountain, Rocky Road, Vanilla Lake, Donut Plains, etc. Level made entirely out of sweets. The use would be for the wedding cake.

2. Tourist Trap- Haunted Resort. Art style for this world inspired by Boo Moon Galaxy and the haunted Van Gogh style from NSMBU. Locations included Boo lake, haunted pier, haunted house, haunted carnival, haunted hotel, haunted woods, etc.

3. Instrumental Heights- Level composed of instruments and other music themes. Incorporates a lot of wind/cloud based mechanics including floating islands.

From what we've seen it looks like each world has a town area, various landstructures and then the space in between. The various landstructures are designed as platforming set pieces that function similar to SMG and SM3DW levels in terms of level design. There are also various underground and secret passages for more linear focused challenges as well. Essentially they've taken a town area, then merged it with multiple 3DW/Galaxy sized levels and then added apropriate space in between the town area and the various landmarks in the world.

We've seen mission names appear when demonstraters have played the game. The developers have also said how the levels change and each have their own storyline. We saw this somewhat in Sunshine where each level changed based on the mission and the level slowly evolved. I suspect each level will have 8 main moon missions similar to Sunshine and 64. The developers also said when you first arrive to a new level a meter for how many moons you need to go to the next world appears, which is why we saw an 18 Moon meter in Luncheon Kingdom. We've seen the moons being obtained through more traditional Mario sequences, while others being obtained through methods more akin to the Korok seed quest in BOTW. It's been mentioned there will be several hundred moons(I believe 500-600 moons was what was specifically said). If there were 15 levels with 8 missions that would make it out to be 120 missions which would be a nice callback to SM64 and SMS.

This is a great post and that makes alot of sense. I wonder if they will remix all Luigi's moons or just the grand ones. I am hoping for a galaxy 2 like thing that would give lots of replay value.

Lmao at the poor delusional obessive Nintendo haters (ONH) literally thinking there were only 4 kingdoms to begin with in Mario Odyssey 😂😂😂

bgMyK_s-200x150.gif

Oh wait these are the same people who thought there were only 5 fighters in ARMS lol and that there were no Towns in Zelda. Ooppps a mess

This is a great post and that makes alot of sense. I wonder if they will remix all Luigi's moons or just the grand ones. I am hoping for a galaxy 2 like thing that would give lots of replay value.

Wait, has there been confirmation that you can play as Luigi?

oti

Banned
Man, it seems like the weirdest franchise for it, but I love this kind of worldbuilding from Mario right now.

The moment I saw the trailer I thought of a TV series. Odyssey has got everything they need. Jumping to different places, new characters and a freaking intro song as well.

The moment I saw the trailer I thought of a TV series. Odyssey has got everything they need. Jumping to different places, new characters and a freaking intro song as well.

...shit, that would be cool. Keep it short, keep it sweet, but that could be very nice.

Honeymoon Kingdom will be the final story or postgame world.

They better take advantage of this pun and go to the actual moon

13ruce

Banned
Honeymoon Kingdom will be the final story or postgame world.

They better take advantage of this pun and go to the actual moon

I really hope the final Kingdom is on the moon that would be so fucking rad. With the wedding takin place there.

Otherwise atleast be a secret kingdom like the star worlds in some mario games.

Skronk

Banned
Little Mons†er;247845983 said:
Lmao at the poor delusional obessive Nintendo haters (ONH) literally thinking there were only 4 kingdoms to begin with in Mario Odyssey 😂😂😂

bgMyK_s-200x150.gif

Oh wait these are the same people who thought there were only 5 fighters in ARMS lol and that there were no Towns in Zelda. Ooppps a mess

They're just not used to this new Nintendo that is giving us exactly what we want. Whether we knew we wanted it or not!

The Zelda town thing was nuts enough, but when they confirmed there were towns, a bunch of people turned it into the idea that the desolate plateau was actually home to bustling towns that they hid for the sake of the demo.

Little Mons†er;247845983 said:

bgMyK_s-200x150.gif

Some people say the dumbest shit on this board. Some part of them has to realize how illogical their assumptions are, but who knows

dan2026

How they hell did they design that and nobody saw the huge cock they were making.

Someone at some point must of said 'dude that looks like a giant dick!'

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Yesssss, these are the news i always look for, more meat for my most anticipated games

Plus im 100% sure we'll get a
space moon kingdom
or something

wartama

Neo Member
I think there might even be more than one location in each kingdom. For example, the "Lakitu Burrbo" just behind the MARIO line, which I think might be located in Cascade Kingdom.

Top Bottom