• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Odyssey Amiibo Boxes reveal information about new kingdoms.

So which landmasses are still unaccounted for? l see:

-An island next to the Wood Kingdom
-Palmtrees islands
-Archipelago between Metro and Snow Kingdoms
-The Fire looking peninsula between Metro Kingdom and the Champagne bottle
-Champagne bottle

Hopefully we get as many courses as in Mario 64.

Champagne Bottle is almost for sure the Seaside Kingdom, and I can't see which Wood Kingdom you mean, but rest seems to check out.
7KZLd2W.png

Champagne Bottle is almost for sure the Seaside Kingdom, and I can't see which Wood Kingdom you mean, but rest seems to check out.
There's a leaf shaped island with a lake in the center next to the same continent as Wooded and Sand Kingdom. That one is probably Lake Kingdom. We also don't know where Seaside Kingdom is. I'm guessing the palm tree shaped islands. Although the Champagne themed world would also make sense. There's also two other areas I could see having kingdoms:

- Crystal/Rocky shaped landmass on the same continent as Sand Kingdom and Wooded Kingdom.

- Landmass on the same continent as Sand and Wooded Kingdom that resembles a painted crescent moon.

Aldric

l think the palmtrees might be a better choice for seaside, palmtrees seem to be more evocative of the theme than a champagne bottle (palmtrees = beach = seaside).

l also forgot the island between the Metro and Sand/Lake continents, the one that kind of look like a swordfish. That might be another kingdom.

RagnarokX

Thought I'd just point this out, too:

uVEso1T.jpg

I think Florida is supposed to be an alligator head, basically a snapjaw from Donkey Kong Jr.

Or maybe it's an angler fish.

Alaska could also be a yoshi head.

Kevin

Those wedding amiibos are going to sell a crap ton and Nintendo knows it. Especially gamers who are getting married...

Aldric

I think Florida is supposed to be an alligator head, basically a snapjaw from Donkey Kong Jr.

Or maybe it's an angler fish.

Looks like a stylized Blargg to me. The small islands next to it look like flames. Didn't they also mention back at E3 that some worlds couldn't be explored if Mario didn't wear the right costume like in BotW? It'd make sense to have a fire/lava world taking advantage of this mechanic.

Oh boy, hope the Snow Kingdom has a Christmassy feel to it. I'm a sucker for seasonal stuff, especially Halloween and Christmas themed things. Give me some trees with lights, snowman, baby pinguins I can throw off cliffs and it'll be my favorite kingdom.

sleepnaught

Thank god, I remember people saying it was only going to be a handful. Was going to be disappointed at that, but glad its not true. More variety the better. 6-7 weeks away! Cant wait.

I just hope there's enough platforming elements to the game, seems mostly based on throwing caps on other enemy's and getting moons. Trust me I'm a huge Nintendo fan but this seems like a collecathon for moons. EAD prove me wrong, just things worry me when you transform into a human to drive an RC car to get a moon.

Neiteio

Oh boy, hope the Snow Kingdom has a Christmassy feel to it. I'm a sucker for seasonal stuff, especially Halloween and Christmas themed things. Give me some trees with lights, snowman, baby pinguins I can throw off cliffs and it'll be my favorite kingdom.
Seems like Nintendo usually stays away from Christmas stuff in their snow levels. Back in the N64 days, Nintendo-made snow levels would always be all ice, while Rare games had Christmas stuff like lit-up trees, etc. Although I suppose Animal Crossing and the Sherbet Land remake in MK8 have their share of festive spirit.

sleepnaught

Same, I love the holidays. Its a shame most games/tv shows these days shy away from doing more of that.

RagnarokX

Merry Christmas:
ayCPnMK.png

K2nVTiFl.jpg

xsmbZA0.jpg

rMM3RSy.jpg

(Love that they're snow pokeys)

Snow Kingdom and Mushroom Kingdom? Noice.
So we have a minimum of worlds? That's a pretty good number, 64 had 15 and Sunshine had 8 and these worlds are bigger than the ones in those games. If we end up with more than 10 I will extremely happy.

If you look at her right it looks like a giant dick is coming right for her and she doesn't think she'll be able to handle it. Or maybe it's just a moment of shock before a smile comes over her face? What am I doing.

MTC100

Banned
Watch Mushroom Kingdom be a pseudo remake to 64.
That would be completely mind blowing and because of that: watch them do this exactly! Probably the last Kingdom you'll visit and the Grande Finale.

PS: Children won't see the Penis, so Nintendo is still a safe bet for parents!

KiN0

That would be completely mind blowing and because of that: watch them do this exactly! Probably the last Kingdom you'll visit and the Grande Finale.

PS: Children won't see the Penis, so Nintendo is still a safe bet for parents!

I love this idea, just because it goes so well with the theme of contrasts that have been present in every kingdom so far.

The last kingdom being a return to the first game in the series.

hypotc

I was hoping that Mushroom Kingdom would be in. Now I hope we'll get to explore Peach's castle and/or some other parts from SM64. Some familiar places would be nice to see!

RagnarokX

Of the places we know so far, I don't think Mushroom and Cap will be full worlds. Mushroom Kingdom might be like how it was in Galaxy where it has a short playable story level and then Mario is wisked away to Cap Kingdom. Cap Kingdom seems like it will be a small introductory area where Mario gets Cappy and the Odyssey. It seems like they go to Cascade Kingdom after that on 0 moons. Maybe more stuff happens in Cap Kingdom if you go back but it seems more like a story place. Mushroom Kingdom I could see being bonus stuff.

Some interesting bits I hadn't seen pointed out before from E3:

PS2KfOW.jpg

One of the hat houses in the background has a sail rig but no sail. I'm not sure that means it's the Odyssey, though. I think the hat ghosts have lots of these ships. Also possible the hat ship is behind the house.

dM5wxMS.jpg

There are several of these NPCs around. Seem to be females wearing bonnets, hence Bonneton.

kYOP993.jpg

Bowser's ship has a bunch of the same kind of sails that the hat ships use, including 4 Power Moon juice tanks.

Top Bottom