• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

KePoW

Banned
UcMArRP.jpg

that's the look of a douchebag right there!

Volimar

Now my internet is acting wonky. Finally got Rogue to 60 though. She needs some decent artifacts, but I really like her. Probably in my top 3 along with Ms. Marvel and Squirrel Girl.

Everyone in the freaking Super Group is an officer and can invite. We're a weird democracy where everyone is in charge, and no one is in charge. We have like a 5:1 officer to member ratio, and that's only because we forgot to promote a handful of folks.

Except for Kepow. He's itching for a demotion.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Fuck having a lvl 59 unique in 1 slot while every other is 60 because of the stupid Odin chest bug (assuming it's a bug)

Got 4 chars like that now, so I either keep opening boxes on them, hoping I'll get that specific slot AND it's lvl 60 (and waste them when I could be opening them on heroes I need 3 or 4 uniques) or I cough the 600k to upgrade 1 level, which I can't even afford for all 4 at the moment

/rage

Dec

I'm to blame for the huge amount of officers. Now everyone gets in quickly and we've had no issues with abuse of power except for TC's trolling of Kepow.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm to blame for the huge amount of officers. Now everyone gets in quickly and we've had no issues with abuse of power except for TC's trolling of Kepow.

Why do you only play male white guys? Racist!

Vecks

Just logged in and got 5 penta boosts and a birthday cake. I guess this is their way of appeasing the community for all the server/patch issues?

inky

Everyone always got in quickly. There were 12 officers online and I still was the one who invited Theta in and I'm not even playing atm.

Rhaknar

Just logged in and got 5 penta boosts and a birthday cake. I guess this is their way of appeasing the community for all the server/patch issues?

Ooooh what's this now? Is that the 200% 12hr rif pot?

Edit: dat Angel team-up and Doom FF costume (notice it says costume not team up, as if there was any doubt he was coming next year)

9gjABAQ.png

lRKpstG.png

edit 2: aparently that Angel model is from the Cyclops "call-in" move, not from the team up, but one assumes they will be the same-ish

Sure that wasn't from a daily login bonus or anything for you? I logged in to check that out and while I played earlier today there was nothing waiting for me just hopping back in.

I think they just really like you.

Rhaknar

Sure that wasn't from a daily login bonus or anything for you? I logged in to check that out and while I played earlier today there was nothing waiting for me just hopping back in.

I think they just really like you.

Lots of people reporting the same on the forums, it wasn't just him

edit: from the horse's mouth (Ryolnir)

This was granted automatically to those who logged in during the effected period during the database issues this morning (and were on the database that had an issue). If you received it, you lost some amount of progress today and this was compensation for it.

Lots of people reporting the same on the forums, it wasn't just him

edit: from the horse's mouth (Ryolnir)

This was granted automatically to those who logged in during the effected period during the database issues this morning (and were on the database that had an issue). If you received it, you lost some amount of progress today and this was compensation for it.

Ah, that explains it. I waited until later to log on for the Odin's event to be in Midtown. I should have logged on just to get future cake. Hmph!

Is it really worth it to level up Gear and Weapon vendors? With finishing Enchanter today I know I'm over halfway done (Gear and Weapon both around level 8) but if it's really not worth it I'll simply start selling everything.

Should have enough ES for another random attempt in a day or two and Squirrel Girl is at 49 and she'll end up being my third 60. And I'm crossing the 100 hour mark. Just keep chugging along.

Random heroes are getting dangerous. I'm up to 16 heroes. I'm bound to get my first dupe soon but I'll keep going random and see what happens.

I've only got like 13 heroes or something... but out of my last 5 or 6 random boxes all have been dupes except one... which was Hulk, who I have no interest in. Sadface.

I've only got like 13 heroes or something... but out of my last 5 or 6 random boxes all have been dupes except one... which was Hulk, who I have no interest in. Sadface.

Ten of my 16 heroes are from random: Three from the ES tokens, four from the BOGO sale, and three from opening five of those cosmic cubes (the other two had costumes).

So fairly good luck so far not getting a single dupe. I'm expecting one of my next ES tokens to be a dupe but I'll keep going and hope for the best. I imagine after a dupe or two I'll start saving for particular heroes instead of risking it.

Dec

Everyone always got in quickly. There were 12 officers online and I still was the one who invited Theta in and I'm not even playing atm.

If everyone got in quickly I would not have requested everyone be able to invite. QueenofHunting accidentally left the supergroup one night when the option was in the party interface and didn't get back in for 3 days.

Vecks

Ah, that explains it. I waited until later to log on for the Odin's event to be in Midtown. I should have logged on just to get future cake. Hmph!

Is it really worth it to level up Gear and Weapon vendors? With finishing Enchanter today I know I'm over halfway done (Gear and Weapon both around level 8) but if it's really not worth it I'll simply start selling everything.

Should have enough ES for another random attempt in a day or two and Squirrel Girl is at 49 and she'll end up being my third 60. And I'm crossing the 100 hour mark. Just keep chugging along.

Random heroes are getting dangerous. I'm up to 16 heroes. I'm bound to get my first dupe soon but I'll keep going random and see what happens.

Not that worth it. I only did it for the sake of completion. The only good thing out of it, IMO, is the credit drop enchantment recipe from gear vendor, since wealth runes are plentiful. But you don't need to max out for it.

Blank!

FWIW, selling items doesn't net much value either. If you have pets, rolling cybernetics can be mildly beneficial but also a huge time sink with lots of shitty affixes.

Anyway, gear vendor get to level 15-18ish? At that point, it'll sell the Joy and Wealth enchants. That's the only thing 'special' about it.

The weapon vendor will start to sell artifacts (based on your current hero level) at 15+ as well. No idea if higher level = better chances, but I maxed it cause why not. I've gotten maybe 5 (?) well rolled artifacts in that time, and usually see 1 artifact every week and a half. It's rare as shit, but buying a near perfect adv. meta for 12000 credits certainly is nice.

Best cybernetic rolls seem to be:

Green = 8% health (~560 HP at max level), 2% less damage from bosses would probably be okay too.

Blue = +50 spirit. Nothing else worth keeping here IMO.

Purple = 3% crit damage rating (universally good). If you have a specialized pet (like +energy, etc.) then going with a specialized damage type may not be a bad idea.

Cosmic = +1 all powers. Lots of shit affixes here, +2 melee/ranged may not be bad for a specialized pet. +2 ultimate for try-hard equipment swapping.

Unique = +3 Fighting, otherwise specialized (+3 strength/+3 energy/+3 intel/+1 all).

Ironically, I find uniques the easiest to roll for, so I've been seeing what pets get decent purple/cosmic rolls before going unqiue.

inky

If everyone got in quickly I would not have requested everyone be able to invite. QueenofHunting accidentally left the supergroup one night when the option was in the party interface and didn't get back in for 3 days.

Not that shit again. I caught it a few hours after they posted and sent an invite their way which they didn't take (it's easy to miss if you are offline because it just looks like a regular quest notification) and at the time people like kepow or Xevren that have had invite privileges since forever were online, they just missed it for whatever reason. A few posts after that happened others were asking for invites and got them, so it wasn't like there was no one around who could do it. you were just annoyed because in the guilds you run everyone has privileges and here it isn't the case.

But whatever, tons of people can do it now (and most still don't until Xev or I do it as evidenced above) so no one should go "three days" without one anymore.

Rhaknar

That moment you realize you're a "whale"... and you're ok with it. Feels weird

On guild invites, I think most people don't even have the chat window open most times, I've had what can only be described as 1 man conversations many times with a ton of people online. Well that or I'm just being ignored :(

GManDH

That moment you realize you're a "whale"... and you're ok with it. Feels weird

On guild invites, I think most people don't even have the chat window open most times, I've had what can only be described as 1 man conversations many times with a ton of people online. Well that or I'm just being ignored :(

dude. im so sorry i never knew you were that fat.

Dec

Not that shit again. I caught it a few hours after they posted and sent an invite their way which they didn't take (it's easy to miss if you are offline because it just looks like a regular quest notification) and at the time people like kepow or Xevren that have had invite privileges since forever were online, they just missed it for whatever reason. A few posts after that happened others were asking for invites and got them, so it wasn't like there was no one around who could do it. you were just annoyed because in the guilds you run everyone has privileges and here it isn't the case.

But whatever, tons of people can do it now (and most still don't until Xev or I do it as evidenced above) so no one should go "three days" without one anymore.

Ok.

It was one specific example. Even if the waits weren't long then, what is the flaw with how it's set up now?

My point with regards to "you were just annoyed because in the guilds you run everyone has privileges and here it isn't the case" was that you shouldn't make a guild for an entire community and expect special "privileges". The supergroup is a way to allow GAFers an easy way to talk and play with each other, whoever had "privileges" only had them because they happened to be among the GAFers that played during beta.

What features does the current implementation of guilds even offer? It's a chat room, who gives a fuck?

I recall you being very annoyed about the request then, accidentally promoting some random person to leader and essentially saying "fuck it, take it up with them now". Over letting other gaffers invite.

If it was in some effort to keep the group exclusive to people on GAF, it was a strange way to go about it. We have lurkers who requested an invite from you (I wondered how he got in, he said he asked you), then requested invites for their friends who don't even know what GAF is.

Either way, I don't invite from here often because I check this thread like every 10 hours, doesn't make my request to allow others to invite worthless. There is more of a chance someone that can invite sees it in a timely manner.

Edit: Also it seems like you think there are 50 people online and ready to invite at any given time. Not the case, a lot of times there are as little as 4 people playing. Chances that they don't happen to check the thread for an hour or two while playing seems pretty high. You seeing this thread in your subscriptions and taking two minutes to log in and invite isn't as strong an argument as you seem to think it is.

shock33

On a lighter note, thank jebus I have finished cosmic prestige.

Genuinely a horrible horrible journey (don't listen to kepows lies that it's not too bad!)

Ploid 3.0

Man I learned a lesson today. I got the Odin Blessing but since I was farming chests I was pretty much full in my inventories. I couldn't pick up much and had to throw out nice rings and insignias. :(

I was panicking trying to make room. I got some of the important thing I think. The card and uniques which I can use to reroll cybernetics pet buffs.

Red terminals are so fast I bet that's a good way to get the blessing. Takes like 15 seconds to kill the boss and port out after vacuum and picking up the chests. The route to the boss is the longest and most unpredictable.

KePoW

Banned
On a lighter note, thank jebus I have finished cosmic prestige.

Genuinely a horrible horrible journey (don't listen to kepows lies that it's not too bad!)

hey are you in our MH guild? I haven't seen any cosmic prestige players besides Breaktime and someone named Card, I think

KePoW

Banned
Red terminals are so fast I bet that's a good way to get the blessing. Takes like 15 seconds to kill the boss and port out after vacuum and picking up the chests. The route to the boss is the longest and most unpredictable.

Does the blessing come from terminal bosses, or any random mob?

I'm confused because I haven't gotten it all week, and yall know how krazy amount I play lol

Ploid 3.0

Does the blessing come from terminal bosses, or any random mob?

I'm confused because I haven't gotten it all week, and yall know how krazy amount I play lol

I think it's like the 10 splinter explosion. Very rare (though this seem less rare) and maybe it can only happen on something that can drop/produce a odin chest. Xdef/Holo Sim final chest, terminal bosses/bounty chests, Midtown bosses.

Volimar

Man I learned a lesson today. I got the Odin Blessing but since I was farming chests I was pretty much full in my inventories. I couldn't pick up much and had to throw out nice rings and insignias. :(

I was panicking trying to make room. I got some of the important thing I think. The card and uniques which I can use to reroll cybernetics pet buffs.

Holy cow king! How long does the blessing last? Just for that lootsplosion?

"Odin has blessed you!"

Oh, heh, that's what you guys meant that the system tells you.

Also I'm famous and immortalized in your screenshot. Now if only I could get one of them loot pinatas! I'll be on after sleeping to finish up Squirrel Girl since she's now level 57. And I should be able to eek out the last ES I need to go for the next random token. I think I need 15-20 more ES for that.

Ploid 3.0

Holy cow king! How long does the blessing last? Just for that lootsplosion?

The blessing is the loot splosion. It's a random chance for anyone to get it when they do something that result in a odin chest from this Odin's Bounty event to spawn. The person is randomly blessed with more than the chest and is blessed with Odin's crazy loot.

inky

Ok.

It was one specific example. Even if the waits weren't long then, what is the flaw with how it's set up now?

My point with regards to "you were just annoyed because in the guilds you run everyone has privileges and here it isn't the case" was that you shouldn't make a guild for an entire community and expect special "privileges". The supergroup is a way to allow GAFers an easy way to talk and play with each other, whoever had "privileges" only had them because they happened to be among the GAFers that played during beta.

Believe me, I know there's nothing interesting to do with the status in the Supergroup. I wasn't annoyed that you were asking for more people to do it, I have no problem with more people being able to invite others, I was annoyed that you immediately assumed the reason was because I wanted to keep some special small group of us beta players with the privilege.

From the beginning the invite option was optional because there were people who didn't want it (who explicitly told me so via PM) and I honored their wishes because I didn't want to force it on them, so I always used to ask before. For a long time the thread was slow and had a constant stream of regulars, it just so happened to attract more players around the time of the big update. What you probably didn't know then was that for a time the Officer marker (the little star next to the name) was broken, so I couldn't tell who did I have it. That was the reason I stopped promoting people for a while.

What features does the current implementation of guilds even offer? It's a chat room, who gives a fuck?

Exactly, so why were you so bothered when most invites were getting sent out in a timely fashion anyway and bringing up how you do it elsewhere as if we were keeping some sort of secret super important status away from everyone?

If it was in some effort to keep the group exclusive to people on GAF, it was a strange way to go about it. We have lurkers who requested an invite from you (I wondered how he got in, he said he asked you), then requested invites for their friends who don't even know what GAF is.

See, again with that stuff. I know there are people outside of GAF and I know that I invited them myself, and they are great people (like Mr. Kingpin), so that should tell you that no, I didn't want to keep it "exclusive". What a moronic notion. What I didn't want was to make that decision for myself, instead I always asked for input first, as with the officer rank assignment before. Like you said, the SG is not mine, it's for the GAF community.

Edit: Also it seems like you think there are 50 people online and ready to invite at any given time. Not the case, a lot of times there are as little as 4 people playing. Chances that they don't happen to check the thread for an hour or two while playing seems pretty high. You seeing this thread in your subscriptions and taking two minutes to log in and invite isn't as strong an argument as you seem to think it is.

If the odds are so low, then people are going to get missed either way, and it will have nothing to do with how many people can do it now. That is why I also advice people to send me a PM if they happen to get missed.

I don't get what you think my argument is. My argument is that there have always been more people than you think who can do it and would be handled properly and timely, but still some don't want to bother and point them my way instead. I have nothing against them either. I don't mind doing it, I do it gladly, but it's pretty crappy to give me shit when someone accidentally gets missed and suddenly it is due to some conspiracy of mine to keep the SG privileges to a select few people. You can bet that implication bothers me because it's idiotic and people who I have played with since beta know me better than that. That is why it was never an issue until you tried to make it one.

Ooooh what's this now? Is that the 200% 12hr rif pot?

Edit: dat Angel team-up and Doom FF costume (notice it says costume not team up, as if there was any doubt he was coming next year)

9gjABAQ.png

lRKpstG.png

edit 2: aparently that Angel model is from the Cyclops "call-in" move, not from the team up, but one assumes they will be the same-ish

I hate both of those. For angel, both of theses are so much better:
1194.jpg
uncanny-x-men-archangel-1-50k.jpg

Doom, his cloak looks like a fluffy bath robe.

Ploid 3.0

did cosmic terms get a buff?

Okay, so we've gotten to the bottom of this tonight (thanks @PsiLocke and @Mjoll):

There was a code change that resulted in a surprise bug fix. As it turns out, 'mana shields' were 'double-dipping' due to the way they were originally built and were fixed as part of another backend change that was not expected.

Mjoll has excellent data in this thread (as usual) that shows exactly the change.

These shields are mitigating exactly what they say they should be, whereas in the previous build, Iron Man & co. would be mitigating more than his 25% would otherwise give. Enemy damage in Cosmic Terminals was not touched in this patch (or anywhere else in the game which is worth stating!)

That being said - we are actively looking at Cosmic Terminal balance and will be definitely looking out for feedback and already have some ideas in mind. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, I apologize for the delayed response, it took some detective work!

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/1711689#Comment_1711689

So this is why Jean Grey (not Dark Phoenix, maybe normal Phoenix though?) seem very squishy even with that 20% damage absorb shield Corona? Emma has a shield with her diamond form but she seems pretty solid. Interesting though.

Edit: Also I noticed my Emma Frost diamond shield bar moving a lot now. Before that thing never moved and I wondered what the purpose of Perfection was since there was no way the bar would deplete from what I experienced.

Also this just dropped.

Was a seemingly badly rolled hand of doom. Will reroll if so, as long as I don't have to farm him.

Moondrop

Banned
I theorycrafted a lot with Rogue yesterday. I still want to test the raid powers for AoE attrition skills; "lavalanche" sounds amazing. But otherwise it's really about choosing what you want your Rogue to be.

And I want mine to be full tank. It seems like the best way to be tanky is to layer every form of survivability, rather than just focus on one area. Here are some of the defensive skills I'm eyeing:

Passive 1: Tombstone (health, defense, aura that gives health + defense). Unsexy but feels like significant numbers.
Passive 2: Captain America (phys dmg, phys def, 2% block chance). People seem to be bypassing this one, but a complete tank could get great mileage out of blocking 1/50 attacks.
Passive 3: Sabretooth (HP/s regen, HP/hit regen, melee dmg). Temporary placeholder until the following is released. I tried a regen build but the health return doesn't seem worth the tradeoffs to other forms of protection. Plus there's LoH cores.
Passive 3: Kraven (health, defense, 2% damage negation). More pure defense; 2% not much but should stack with her own passive (15%) and...
Support 1: Colossus (5% damage negation, defense, 10% projectile deflection, -10% dodge chance - 100% uptime). Pretty beastly.
Support 2: Hulk (damage, defense, CC immunity - 33% base uptime). Big numbers and CC immunity handy.
Impact: Luke Cage (dodge). Dempsey Roll boosts this temporarily; every little bit helps.
Enemy Core: Kirigi ("evade" next attack after use). Still hard for me to remember this buff but it shouldn't be ignored.

Typing all of this up, I'm wondering if she'll be too tanky. Nevertheless there are resources distributed to offense, as well as room in her rotation to proc mental and energy damage for power cosmic/doop. Let me know any other tips for tankiness.

As someone who has been in the Super Group from the get-go and was actually one of the "first" 3-4 officers:

Inky hasn't enacted any form of conspiracy to maintain a stronghold on the group or keep people out. In fact, the way we were originally appointed officers is he asked who would be available to invite others. Simple as that. A few of us volunteered to help out in the process and that was that.

In my own case, I have stopped playing the game on two different occassions for rather prolonged periods. The game was much different (and worse) back then, and there wasn't as strong of a carrot to keep you playing day after day. Inky didn't boot me or anyone from the group, nor did he demote me or anyone that I've noticed.

Having a system where everyone is an officer and can invite, like Dec wants, seems perfectly fine for our arrangement. We don't really have any "leader" in the group, and we're basically a fun community of people playing the game. Some of our members, like Blank and Sblargh, step up to the plate and lead fun raid groups. Some of our members, like Kepow, are racist trolls who try and bring us all down. It's a balance, man.

KePoW

Banned
We don't really have any "leader" in the group, and we're basically a fun community of people playing the game. Some of our members, like Blank and Sblargh, step up to the plate and lead fun raid groups. Some of our members, like Kepow, are racist trolls who try and bring us all down. It's a balance, man.

grr u better watch ur back "broski"

Top Bottom