• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Spider Man 2 | Review Thread

What Scores do you think Spider Man 2 wil get?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

diffusionx

Gold Member
Why hasn’t the review score from Edge come out?? What are they waiting for?
Edge does the old Pitchfork trick of waiting until all the other reviews come out then write something purposely contrarian. Of course it's much easier when you are still print.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
To be fair, absolute chonkers cat are cute.

Can confirm. Owner of a chungus orange.

Chonkers? Chungus?

Confused Hanna Barbera GIF by Warner Archive

can someone translate?

Last edited:

truth411

Ratchet & Clank (2016)
Spider-Man (2018)
Miles Morales (2020)
Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart (2021)
Spider-Man 2 (2023)

They released 5 high quality games in 7 years. They have a similar number of employees to other large studios such as Naughty Dog, 343 Industries etc.

Ubisoft Quebec/Ubisoft Toronto have 600+ employees and release less games. I'm not sure what examples you could use that release more high quality games in the same period with a similar number of employees. Even the CoD developers are on 3-year schedules to pump out the next one of those.
It's because technically Insomniac are 2 studios not 1. (Not 2 teams like other studios)
There is Insomniac California and Insomniac North Carolina.

FeralEcho

If they want a woman, a real strong woman, they could instead put a stealth Black Cat gameplay. Not this shit.
This!!!! Imagine if in Batman Arkham City instead of playing as Catwoman as a side character you'd play as Vicki fucking Vale and all she'd ramble about is how she's not a damsel in distress as she's getting saved by Batman for the 4th time.Thats how stupid playing as MJ is.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Working with a longplay of PS2's Spider-Man 2 in the background. Game still seems fantastic. Lots of nostalgia for this one. Bouncing between the game, the news on the Iraq war and bong hits. Good times.

Wait, MJ stealth missions are back!? Why, for f’s sake? Why the f are these stupid Stealth missions needed?

Meh, I hate these Stealth missions, for Peter and Miles as well. Sigh, they just sucks. Will wait for a sale now. I know this may sound stupid but it completely ruined the flow in the first game.

I don’t like all the narrative around what is or isn’t woke, but I do think that the implementation of MJ missions is purely for inclusion.

They seem entirely out of place.

That being said insomniac won’t give up on out dated puzzles either.

I just bought the $70 US digital version on PSN (because I have a US account). But because I live in Japan this was over 10,000 yen!!

I could have bought the physical disc version for 7345 yen on Amazon. Which is only $50 USD!

The jpy/usd exchange rate right now is bonkers.

But anyway, congrats Insomniac on your 90+ game. I want to celebrate this with you at launch!
Why don’t you create a Japan account and transfer the game to your us account?

StereoVsn

I don’t like all the narrative around what is or isn’t woke, but I do think that the implementation of MJ missions is purely for inclusion.

They seem entirely out of place.

That being said insomniac won’t give up on out dated puzzles either.
I don’t care if they want to do inclusion. Then make MJ Spider-Woman or include Spider-Gwen instead. This game is not being bought for these tedious and dumb stealth sections as a regular person with instant failure.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
I don’t care if they want to do inclusion. Then make MJ Spider-Woman or include Spider-Gwen instead. This game is not being bought for these tedious and dumb stealth sections as a regular person with instant failure.

They got rid of the insta fail

Top Bottom