• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite - Gameplay Trailer 2 (Ultron, Chun-Li, Hulk, Chris and +)

DrArchon

Why does Strider have a new super? Please tell me they aren't removing Ragnarok or his "tons of robot animals" attack.

Neoxon

Chun-Li's new voice still bothers me, but I have a gut feeling it's because Laura Bailey may be voicing a certain spy who's likely to get in.

Neoxon

Chris' eyes don't look nearly as dead-stareish as the leaked gameplay footage. Later build, perhaps?

Neoxon

People think this game is ugly?

Game looks great. My only fear is that we only get MCU Marvel characters.
Outside of (likely) Ms. Marvel, I'd expect most of the base roster & the 2017 Character Pass to be MCU characters. Hopefully we'll get some Fox guys in the 2018 pack.

Neoxon

Max was right about the controls.
Kotaku said:
Much like Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Infinite features four major attack buttons, although they’re two punches and two kicks rather than the non-specific “light, medium, heavy, special” of 3. The L button is reserved for the Infinity Stones, and the R button tags.

Vanish

looks like a blast to play but the game still looks hideous -_-

EDIT: and boo at no dedicated launcher button, sounds like a downgrade

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
2017-04-2717_12_01-ma9bjys.png

DrArchon

Legion is like the worst super in UMvC3. Yes, even worse than Mighty Thunder.

Ragnarok is probably his level 3 still.

Yeah, but they could've made it better. Legion looks so cool. :(

And yes, with orbs as a lvl1 it makes sense that Ragnarok is his lvl3. You're probably 100% right.

You can mash light punch to do a ground combo that leads into an air combo - and if you keep mashing light punch you'll do an air combo that slams your enemy into the ground. Simply by mashing light punch, you can trigger an eight-hit or so combo that in previous games would have taken at least a few different button presses, a press of the air combo button, a button press to chase your opponent into the air and a few more presses of different buttons for an air combo. Now, you literally mash light punch and the game takes care of the rest.

You can now do a level one hyper combo by pressing just two buttons.
There's more. MvCI has a universal combo string designed to offer newcomers an easy entry into the world of manual input commands. Pressing light punch, light kick, heavy kick and then down heavy punch does a ground combo that launches your opponent into the air. The idea is that you roll your thumb around the face buttons of the console controller. It's a diamond shape across the pad that newcomers can rely upon because it works for all the characters.

Top Bottom