• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite - Gameplay Trailer 2 (Ultron, Chun-Li, Hulk, Chris and +)

Dahbomb

So what exactly happens once Hulk tags into Chun-Li's Hyper? That doesn't look like a traditional DHC, does Hulk actually do a regular attack?

So let me get this straight - is it possible that you can actually tag your second character in while doing a hyper combo to fuck around during your partner's non-cinematic Hyper? If so, holy fuck.
Yes you can tag in during hyper combo animation. Not the full start up but just a little after you can tag in characters.

This is going to lead into some shenanigans for sure.

There better not be stupid charge up unblockable attacks in this game...

Wallach

uh, guess they won't want to mess with that

but everyone else is prolly fair game

More likely they were just testing the idea of a down, down input in general rather than a replacement for the input altogether. Both inputs will probably be in the final version unless they reject down, down for any move.

Being able to tag in while on offense and Infinity Stones having their own button for an ability is going to lead to some true fuckery

Eidan

It's weird going from Injustice's incredible faces and lip syncing to this. Still, happy for new Marvel footage.

JeTmAn81

I'm totally fine with simpler input and combo options for less experienced players. But I hope they do still offer traditional Capcom inputs like DP's for the rest of us.

Boke1879

2017-04-2717_14_59-maxaufg.png

Yet they already have a release date lol.

The graphics are bad, the colours look washed out, the stages and backgrounds look so boring, the faces with the dead eyes are just hideous yet again they already have a set release date which is only 5 months away!

giphy.gif

Well yea because the game does look good. It looks like Marvel and plays like it. And of course they are going to polish the game

Ultron looks fucking sick, too. Someone last thread mentioned that his air normals look pretty similar to Sabretooth's in XvSF, and I think that's spot on.

Can't wait to see the Space Stone fuckery in the future.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
When they're going 'hey we finally have a real story mode!' front and center I expect it to not be able to get plowed through in 90 mins

Hey if a short story mode means we're getting more fighters, stages, modes and features instead i'm all for it.

Wow, reading about the accessibility of this one is an absolute game changer for me. The past games looked way too intense for me to even attempt to get into, but the ease of combo-ing sounds like an incredible change.
You still have to learn when to combo and when to activate certain moves. The difficulty of a fighting game isn't about how to do inputs. It's all timing and mind games. It'll be easy for you to play but that means it'll be extra easy for pros.

JiqckHq5nnJtB_gfUm7VBIZ1Mfs=.gif

Ultron looks cool.

You still have to learn when to combo and when to activate certain moves. The difficulty of a fighting game isn't about how to do inputs. It's all timing and mind games.

The easier it is to use a game's mechanics, the more attention and focus that can be paid to developing and refining said timing and mind games.

Palocca

Gamespot did a run through of the mechanics in MvCI.

https://youtu.be/qLbu5UPNG-I

Looks like an embargos been lifted, so I'd expect more videos to pop up.

2 lights and 2 heavy layout, one dedicated tag button and a button dedicated to the infinity stone.

Tag can be done at any time. Says it's to alleviate having to pick a partner bc of his assists.

Combo counter costs 2 bars and has your other tag partner come in while your opponent is in the middle of a combo.

Auto combo by mashing lights.

Overall, I'm liking what I'm hearing and I'm super hyped.

Zabka

Thor's Hyper Combo is looking real weak compared to the UMVC3 version.

Push blocking reflecting projectiles is pretty awesome..

Anyone happy about the game being "accessible to casuals" will learn a hard lesson. That stuff will never make a fighting game easy to play.

a lot of you said it initially looked like shit now it looks great :p dont be so rash to jump to conclusions so quickly :p

Looks awesome but could still improve.

I would love for them to go this route or add it in as an option.
I said it looked like shit from day 1 because Capcom said assists were gone. That was bad PR from Capcom, though. They should have said "we changed how assists work", and it would have been interesting instead of terrifying.

Sn4ke_911

This game looks pretty solid, might cop. I don't really get the negativity.

The gameplay looks amazing but you gotta admit the graphics definitely need some work, you can't ship the game like that in 2017.

Caffeine

Anyone happy about the game being "accessible to casuals" will learn a hard lesson. That stuff will never make a fighting game easy to play.

I said it looked like shit from day 1 because Capcom said assists were gone. That was bad PR from Capcom, though. They should have said "we changed how assists work", and it would have been interesting instead of terrifying.

ah I see So they need to communicate changes better.

Hey if a short story mode means we're getting more fighters, stages, modes and features instead i'm all for it.
Injustice 2 and Tekken 7 doesn't have a problem with having a robust story mode while also giving us plenty of characters and stages. That's not a good excuse.

How on earth are they missing that MvC3s layout was literally just as pad friendly.

Or that THCs were done with two buttons.

It has become a tradition to treat all past fighting games as insurmountable esoteric affairs for the masses, but THIS NEW ONE is totally different!

Only perfectly timed pushblocks will reflect projectiles.
I just wonder how this will affect beams or pillars.

El Sabroso

People think this game is ugly?

Game looks great. My only fear is that we only get MCU Marvel characters.

art style is ugly af compared to Comic book style shaders in MvC3, even a user on twitter did a quick edit to a screen implementing the outlines, color and shading from mvc3 and characters look even better with just that quick edit, well at least the screen with hawkeye looks better that way

AESplusF

People think this game is ugly?

Game looks great. My only fear is that we only get MCU Marvel characters.
Not ugly, but dissapointing to people who were expecting something more colorful and fun, like MvC 2 & 3. I still wish it was it was 3v3 but this is ok.

Sn4ke_911

Injustice 2 and Tekken 7 doesn't have a problem with having a robust story mode while also giving us plenty of characters and stages. That's not a good excuse.

Something tells me the dev cycle for this game was way shorter than for I2 and T7 but i could be wrong.

NotLiquid

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/m.../27/50-details-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite.aspx

6. You can unlock extras by playing through story and arcade mode, viewable in the collection mode and curated by Dr. Light and Tony Stark.

8. The name of the stage in the trailer above is Xgard, a fusion of Asgard and Mega Man X’s Abel City.

9. Characters have contextual lines in the character select screen depending on who they’re partnered with, as well as before and after matches.

25. Happy Birthdays do not, however, deal extra damage to the secondary character, as they did before.

31. Wavedashing (canceling a dash by crouching in order to move across the screen faster) is still possible, but according to Capcom, it’s more effective to let dashes play out.

33. The Infinity Stone meter is filled by getting hit or using your Infinity Stone ability.

A lot more details in the link but these little facts were interesting. Also, Time Stone's Infinity Storm sounds like Juri's Feng Shui engine.

So if there is an Infinity Stone button, is there different input to get the Storm vs Surge? Or does Infinity Storm automatically trigger if you have the meter and hit the button?

"However, taking a step back, for those who haven't played a fighting game, if they just want to press the stone button, or press the switch button, push the attack buttons with their characters and see some cool things and do some damage, they can." - eurogamer

Man.. smh

Dahbomb

Yeah anyone having any delusions about them being significantly better in this game when they sucked in previous Marvel games has a huge rude awakening coming to them.

This game is still going to be very punishing for new players.

BadWolf

"However, taking a step back, for those who haven't played a fighting game, if they just want to press the stone button, or press the switch button, push the attack buttons with their characters and see some cool things and do some damage, they can." - eurogamer

Man.. smh

That's what fighting games are to casuals.

Top Bottom