• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite - Gameplay Trailer 2 (Ultron, Chun-Li, Hulk, Chris and +)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This is definitely looking good, and I'm liking most of those gameplay details too.

Can't believe I'm up on this game after all the doubt. Looking at the combos now, it still definitely has a team aspect and synergy will still play a huge deal, which is all that I ask of an MvC game (even though, yeah, previous titles have had more of that).

Bring it on.
And by "it" I mean character artwork

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
50+ playable characters confirmed!

2017-04-2717_13_28-ma7mxpz.png

I hope

Wallach

DerZuhälter;234893599 said:
Yeah. It's fugly as hell. Remember the reaction to 3D KoF? It looks that bad. Even if it's great fun, visually every other fighting game, Injustice, Tekken, Guilty Gear, hell even SFV looks better.

Nothing looks worse than the latest KOF. It's not even close to that.

kirblar

You can mash light punch to do a ground combo that leads into an air combo - and if you keep mashing light punch you'll do an air combo that slams your enemy into the ground. Simply by mashing light punch, you can trigger an eight-hit or so combo that in previous games would have taken at least a few different button presses, a press of the air combo button, a button press to chase your opponent into the air and a few more presses of different buttons for an air combo. Now, you literally mash light punch and the game takes care of the rest.

You can now do a level one hyper combo by pressing just two buttons.
There's more. MvCI has a universal combo string designed to offer newcomers an easy entry into the world of manual input commands. Pressing light punch, light kick, heavy kick and then down heavy punch does a ground combo that launches your opponent into the air. The idea is that you roll your thumb around the face buttons of the console controller. It's a diamond shape across the pad that newcomers can rely upon because it works for all the characters.
Outside of Auto Combo all this was in MvC3.

JeTmAn81

Does Ultron have a flight mode? Looks like he hovers right after the Shame Cage part starts. It might be a taunt.

You can mash light punch to do a ground combo that leads into an air combo - and if you keep mashing light punch you'll do an air combo that slams your enemy into the ground. Simply by mashing light punch, you can trigger an eight-hit or so combo that in previous games would have taken at least a few different button presses, a press of the air combo button, a button press to chase your opponent into the air and a few more presses of different buttons for an air combo. Now, you literally mash light punch and the game takes care of the rest.

You can now do a level one hyper combo by pressing just two buttons.
There's more. MvCI has a universal combo string designed to offer newcomers an easy entry into the world of manual input commands. Pressing light punch, light kick, heavy kick and then down heavy punch does a ground combo that launches your opponent into the air. The idea is that you roll your thumb around the face buttons of the console controller. It's a diamond shape across the pad that newcomers can rely upon because it works for all the characters.

All of these sound good to me

We Persona now

Hazzuh

The game looks ugly but the gameplay looks OK so far. Cautiously optimistic but I'm definitely not buying this day 1 after SFV.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
2017-04-2717_14_59-maxaufg.png

Yet they already have a release date lol.

The graphics are bad, the colours look washed out, the stages and backgrounds look so boring, the faces with the dead eyes are just hideous yet again they already have a set release date which is only 5 months away!

giphy.gif

Outside of Auto Combo all this was in MvC3.
I popped in MSHvSF and MvC1 in easy operation mode yesterday as well, and it functioned similarly. Mash lp for an auto combo string, lp + lk to launch and mash lp or lk for an aerial rave, and mp + hp or mk + hk to do a hyper combo.

So it's pretty much nearly the same in Infinite as it's always been.

Slightly disappointed no footage of X or Racoon or even teasers for the next reveal. But footage was good, game looks like MvC, feed me more. Loving Ultron

NotLiquid

So what exactly happens once Hulk tags into Chun-Li's Hyper? That doesn't look like a traditional DHC, does Hulk actually do a regular attack?

So let me get this straight - is it possible that you can actually tag your second character in while doing a hyper combo to fuck around during your partner's non-cinematic Hyper? If so, holy fuck.

Shredderi

Didn't fighting games used to be at the forefront of visual fidelity regarding character models, for very logical reasons (not having to render large levels, physics for objects, AI for many npc characters). Why does that not seem to be the case anymore?

So what exactly happens once Hulk tags into Chun-Li's Hyper? That doesn't look like a traditional DHC, does Hulk actually do a regular attack?

So let me get this straight - is it possible that you can actually tag your second character in while doing a hyper combo to fuck around during a non-cinematic Hyper? If so, holy fuck.
Yes, that's exactly what's happening. Hulk tags in mid super and charges his back heavy punch from UMVC3

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

So let me get this straight - is it possible that you can actually tag your second character in while doing a hyper combo to fuck around during a non-cinematic Hyper? If so, holy fuck.
Yup! Or you can traditionally DHC.

Opens up so many possibilities. You can do it during cinematic hypers too, based on the B-Roll that leaked the other day IIRC.

JeTmAn81

Looks like it. One article also mentions tagging after a beam hyper and being able to run in behind the projectile. That's a bit closer to MvC3 style mix-ups where your assist is holding them down while you go for an attack.

Wow, reading about the accessibility of this one is an absolute game changer for me. The past games looked way too intense for me to even attempt to get into, but the ease of combo-ing sounds like an incredible change.

kirblar

Didn't fighting games used to be at the forefront of visual fidelity regarding character models, for very logical reasons (not having to render large levels, physics for objects, AI for many npc characters). Why does that not seem to be the case anymore?
Because 3D.

Top Bottom