• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite - Gameplay Trailer 2 (Ultron, Chun-Li, Hulk, Chris and +)

I love how quickly everyone adopted the term "Shame cube".

Nobody can escape the

giphy.gif

Coda

Can't wait to actually play the final product. I feel like in motion the game probably looks more vivid. I'm fairly confident that the UI and visuals will be spruced up, it happened with SF V. They could always pull a KOF XIV and improve the visuals after the game is released.

Hah! I like that!

They really going all in with the MMX-flavored fanservice, this time.

It's enough to make me wonder if MvCI really is a nice marketing vehicle to prop up his own series' (hopeful) revival.

They're probably doing all this to make up for the bullshittery regarding Mega Man back in UMVC3. That's the first thing I thought when X was the first character revealed for this game.

Jawmuncher

I really doubt any of the DLC would be full-on 6 marvel characters and no capcom. I mean I guess it's a possibility that there is more Marvel than Capcom characters, which if that's the case, they might as well call it Marvel Infinite featuring capcom.

dankir

I really hope we get MCU costumes as well.

I really like Ultron's design in AoU. All of the Civil War outfits, new Guardians of Galaxy outfits, etc.

This game will have Black Panther, Winter Soldier, Vision, etc right?

Neoxon

Let's say you can only have 6, same as the first DLC batch. Who would you delete?
6 for the Marvel side or 6 for the whole 2018 Character Pass? If the latter, it'd just be Wolverine, Deadpool, & Doctor Doom.

If I can have 6 on the Marvel side, I'd pick Wolverine, Deadpool, Doctor Doom, Super-Skrull, Magneto, & Storm.

I really hope we get MCU costumes as well.

I really like Ultron's design in AoU. All of the Civil War outfits, new Guardians of Galaxy outfits, etc.

This game will have Black Panther, Winter Soldier, Vision, etc right?
Rocket already has a variation of his GotG Vol. 1 outfit as his default. I'd imagine that straight-up MCU outfits could be DLC later down the road.

BadWolf

I really doubt any of the DLC would be full-on 6 marvel characters and no capcom. I mean I guess it's a possibility that there is more Marvel than Capcom characters, which if that's the case, they might as well call it Marvel Infinite featuring capcom.

I'd much rather have more Capcom characters, way more.

Does anyone else feel like the Game Informer article confirmed Asura and Doc Oc?
ME: Yeah, yeah. We definitely think about that. The logic is that we think about it from all angles. Of course, we want to pick characters that we feel the character type is appropriate in the line-up. So fast, small characters and big brawler characters. But also in a crossover game like this, especially one where we’re trying to tell a story, we want to look for really interesting match-ups. Interesting characters that could play off each other well.
You saw in the teaser Rocket and X, right? Rocket’s really interested in technology and tinkering with things, and then you have X. You also have Chun-Li and Captain Marvel: two very powerful female characters that are at the forefront. So we’re looking at characters that play off each other well, work together well. But also important, as you say, is those more fan service characters that people want to see brought back.
GC: Okay, we’ll just finish on Doctor Octopus, because I know he was one that almost made it into Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3. So, this would be the perfect chance to add him.
ME: I cannot speak to this. But I hear he does have six arms.
GC: Err… yes, I guess. Wait, is that a clue about pairing him with Asura?
ME: …

A bit OT, but I'm looking at all the hype and I'm still wondering how the fuck Ono got away with putting Old Man Mega Man in for SFxT

Like that motherfucker reached unacceptable levels with his trolling then

Caderfix

I'm not following the news on this as I like to get into fighting games without knowing a lot about the story, characters, etc. But... Did they announce Dante as one of the characters?

While it's possible we could have uneven sides I still think we'll see 50/50 Capcom/Marvel for both the base roster and dlc.

I want Kamala Khan as DLC, at least.

Sigma being DLC is SUPER WEIRD to me. Especially when Ultron's not.

I wonder if at one point the plan was for Sigma to just be Sigma virus and during development they changed it to full body Sigma but it was too late to make him part of the base roster

PSqueak

Banned
IF (big if) Magneto returns, are they gonna let him have that alt they removed from MvC3?

No.

Fuck Greg Land.

Context: the removed alt was removed because the artist who drew that design (Land) did it by tracing over a photo of the King (or was it Prince?) of Spain, who didn't take kindly to se his likeness to portray Magneto as he was in House of M so marvel got in deep shit for it.

When they tried to make it mag's costume the spanish royalty got pissy again. Understandably.

Neoxon

When I mentioned it, the producer had to clarify who I was asking about. Then we joked about Dhalsim.
So the way the producer responded made you think that she won't be there on Day 1?

Still, I'd be genuinely shocked if Ms. Marvel wasn't in the base roster. She's pretty much Marvel's biggest rising star (aside from Miles) in recent years, & basically checks all of the boxes for a great MvC character.

So the way the producer responded made you think that she won't be there on Day 1?

Still, I'd be genuinely shocked if Kamala wasn't in the base roster. She's pretty much Marvel's biggest rising star (aside from Miles) in recent years, & basically checks all of the boxes for a great MvC character.

That was my interpretation.

He could have been fucking with me but it didn't come off that way.

Harpoon

Does anyone else feel like the Game Informer article confirmed Asura and Doc Oc?

Yeah, that mention of Ock having six arms seems rather suspiciously random. Hmm. Hoping we get Gene too!

Also Spencer and Bucky seem like another, totally obvious that I can really see both getting in.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I wanna see more Spidey villains.

1. VENOM (!!!!!!!)
2. Mysterio
3. Shocker
4. Green or Hob-Goblin
5. Carnage
6. Doctor Octopus

I wanna see a Asura vs Doc Ock battle!!

Neoxon

That was my interpretation.

He could have been fucking with me but it didn't come off that way.
Eh, I'm still sticking with my guns on Ms. Marvel being there sooner rather than later. It'd be a huge missed opportunity if she wasn't (plus it'd keep the base roster's Marvel side from being exclusively MCU).

Capcom is dumb for not just doing a stream or some shit where they just sit down, play the game and go over gameplay specific stuff.

A lot better for building hype and no misinformation.

End the stream with a neat teaser and bam.

Capcom is always so bad at this shit.

Eh, I'm still sticking with my guns on Ms. Marvel being there sooner rather than later. It'd be a huge missed opportunity if she wasn't (plus it'd keep the base roster's Marvel side from being exclusively MCU).

I think you need to brace yourself for an MCU side MVCI

I honestly was kind of disappointed in the character roster they showed me (which has all been revealed now). I was really hoping for new and different characters.

Hopefully they will start getting into that soon.

Neoxon

I think you need to brace yourself for an MCU side MVCI
I'm expecting that to mostly be the case, but I do expect Ms. Marvel to be one of the few exceptions (even though her in the MCU is more of a when than an if at this point).

I do believe that she'll be there on Day 1, but her being in the 2017 Character Pass also wouldn't surprise me.

Why didn't they use the new Chris design?

Because the new design FUCKING SUCKS ASS!

He really does.

I honestly was kind of disappointed in the character roster they showed me (which has all been revealed now). I was really hoping for new and different characters.

Hopefully they will start getting into that soon.

They're probably saving them for E3. They know we'd be mostly satisfied with just some more gameplay info.

I wanna see more Spidey villains.

1. VENOM (!!!!!!!)
2. Mysterio
3. Shocker
4. Green or Hob-Goblin
5. Carnage
6. Doctor Octopus

I wanna see a Asura vs Doc Ock battle!!

I wonder where Venom lies at this point.

At first, I thought the fact that Eddie is going to be Venom again in the comics may of significantly boosted his chances, but I'm worried that, with Sony planning on making their own solo Venom movie not connected to the MCU, our old friend Ike Perlmutter will ruthlessly put down the ban hammer on the character like what happened to the X-men and Fantastic Four.

Still, I'd be genuinely shocked if Ms. Marvel wasn't in the base roster. She's pretty much Marvel's biggest rising star (aside from Miles) in recent years, & basically checks all of the boxes for a great MvC character.

That's kinda the reason I see her as DLC, I honestly think she makes it in the first season pass but I don't expect her in the base roster. Would be a pleasant surprise though

Neoxon

That's kinda the reason I see her as DLC, I honestly think she makes it in the first season pass but I don't expect her in the base roster. Would be a pleasant surprise though
As mentioned above, I'm still leaning towards base roster, but I could see her being in the 2017 Character Pass as she would fit the "brand new characters" criteria.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I wonder where Venom lies at this point.

At first, I thought the fact that Eddie is going to be Venom again in the comics may of significantly boosted his chances, but I'm worried that, with Sony planning on making their own solo Venom movie not connected to the MCU, our old friend Ike Perlmutter will ruthlessly put down the ban hammer on the character like what happened to the X-men and Fantastic Four.

If Venom doesn't make it in the game i'd be really disappointed and i might even not buy the game then and wait for a sale or something. He is without a doubt my most wanted char for Infinite.

They already skipped him in MvC3.... don't do this to me Capcom and Marvel.

But who am i kidding, they will reveal him at E3 because he will also be in Insomniac's new Spidey game.

Right guys? ....Right???

Top Bottom