• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite - Gameplay Trailer 2 (Ultron, Chun-Li, Hulk, Chris and +)

As long as he still shouts "Fire in the ho-fire in the ho-fire in the ho-fire in the ho-fire in the ho-fire in the ho-fire in the ho-fire in the ho-fire in the hole!" then I'm fine.

Oh man, watching GCYoshi destroy people with chip damage with 30 fire in the holes in the corner was a beautiful thing to witness!

Hope its back.

dankir

Oh man, watching GCYoshi destroy people with chip damage with 30 fire in the holes in the corner was a beautiful thing to witness!

Hope its back.

Look at the Chris screens or gameplay again there's an icon showing three bullets under his life bar. I wonder if he has limited ammo or something?

Look at the Chris screens or gameplay again there's an icon showing three bullets under his life bar. I wonder if he has limited ammo or something?

Someone mentioned it could be for his Grenade launcher, or perhaps a new Gun move.

Hope his grenades aren't limited, because gimping the character worse would suck.

Although he'd be godlike if they'd add a diagonal shot from the ground

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Will the marvel stages and characters thread be unlocked or will we just use these new threads to continue or discussions?

Just to know if I should delete the sub or not.

dankir

So I just pre ordered at EB games in Canada and they didn't have the 200 dollar version. The had a deluxe edition which was 120 bucks but according to the site doesn't include the game.... so where the hell can I get the collectors edition?

I'm liking just about everything I see from this game aside from the (currently) bland character choices. It's the first versus title I'm interested in since the CPS2 ones.

But seriously, RE5 Chris, the same two obligatory Street Fighter characters? Regular Avengers?
A2OXRo4.png

Gimme some Jane Foster Thor or somethin'. I wanna see Moon Knight or Gene or whatever. I just don't want it to be the safest roster imaginable.

I'm liking just about everything I see from this game aside from the (currently) bland character choices. It's the first versus title I'm interested in since the CPS2 ones.

But seriously, RE5 Chris, the same two obligatory Street Fighter characters? Regular Avengers?
A2OXRo4.png

Gimme some Jane Foster Thor or somethin'. I wanna see Moon Knight or Gene or whatever. I just don't want it to be the safest roster imaginable.

I wonder if Capcom even remembers who Gene is at this point.

The HUD right now is garbage. So generic and pukey. UMvC3 HUD was great (I also like SFV's).

The character portraits look shitty too in the HUD in my opinion.
I suggest you look back at UMvC3's interface because it was not only plain AF it was also a confusing step down from vanilla's.

Current character in the center, partner two on the bottom row, partner three on the top row? Who the hell thought that was a good order? Don't forget the gigantic X in case you might have missed X-Factor otherwise! And let's not forget the beauty of their portraits there, too.

de3WIEr.png

Can't help but notice they hid the HUD on this one. Hopefully that means it's only a placeholder because good lord is it ugly.

Fighting mechanics look solid. Still don't like the general aesthetic though.

XenoRaven

A2OXRo4.png

The vs games always have a solid base of recognizable characters and then some good fringe picks. I wouldn't worry about it.

I doubt a lot of people were expecting Tron, Arthur, Dormammu, Taskmaster and Nova in MvC3.

SaikyoBro

I was pretty disappointed that Bison wasn't in MVC3, tbh. Always saw him as a Capcom equivalent to Magneto.

The trailers for the MVC2 re-release paired them together.

detail.jpg

Oh that's so true TheDinoman!

At the same time though I like that the last few iterations of the game have had a different combination of main villains every time (Bison/Magneto, Wesker/Doom and now Sigma/Ultron). It's also cool that every Capcom villain so far has been from a different franchise and that every Marvel villain has been the enemy to a different team (X-Men, F4 and now Avengers). It would be nice to have all of them playable in the same game for once!

Slightly relevant fun fact: Bison/Doom was supposed to be the villain combo for MSHvSF, but because Marvel had granted Acclaim exclusive rights to FF characters for their PS1 game at the same time (Marvel kinda sucked at licensing back then) Doom had to be swapped out for Omega Red.

cordy

Banned
Hmm...

I'd honestly prefer if X got most of his moves from X1/X2/X4. Honestly, if this does well and he'll be in the sequel, we can change his shit a bit but I want those personally.

Seyavesh

I suggest you look back at UMvC3's interface because it was not only plain AF it was also a confusing step down from vanilla's.

Current character in the center, partner two on the bottom row, partner three on the top row? Who the hell thought that was a good order? Don't forget the gigantic X in case you might have missed X-Factor otherwise! And let's not forget the beauty of their portraits there, too.

the only thing pretty bad is the ordering. mind you, that shit mega sucks.

otherwise the ui actually displays a bunch of relevant information really quickly; you can immediately tell what characters are available for assist calling, what assists they have, whether the other guy has XF and how much meter they have without having to lose track of the match.

morrigan's team is shadow blade, dante crystal and jill somersault kick
iron man's team is repulsor blast, cap's shield slash and she-hulk's somersault kick
in knowing their assists you also know their THC option as well without having them ever do it or call their assist b/c it changes based on assists.

you can also glean this information at the vs. screen, which is a really nice touch given round starts are often littered w assist + button OS
yes, vanilla marvel's ui is more slick (holy shit it's slick), but i cannot say it's better at the purpose of actually conveying information

tell me, how much of that information can you glean from this still?
can you tell me whether these teams have xfactor or not? that shit is a basic, vital thing to know given how xfactor centric the game.

the only thing pretty bad is the ordering. mind you, that shit mega sucks.

otherwise the ui actually displays a bunch of relevant information really quickly; you can immediately tell what characters are available for assist calling, what assists they have, whether the other guy has XF and how much meter they have without having to lose track of the match.

morrigan's team is shadow blade, dante crystal and jill somersault kick
iron man's team is repulsor blast, cap's shield slash and she-hulk's somersault kick
in knowing their assists you also know their THC option as well without having them ever do it or call their assist b/c it changes based on assists.

you can also glean this information at the vs. screen, which is a really nice touch given round starts are often littered w assist + button OS
yes, vanilla marvel's ui is more slick (holy shit it's slick), but i cannot say it's better at the purpose of actually conveying information

tell me, how much of that information can you glean from this still?
can you tell me whether these teams have xfactor or not? that shit is a basic, vital thing to know given how xfactor centric the game.
I can tell you that both have X-Factor, given that the orbs next to the portraits are pulsing when it's available (which increases in intensity as partners dwindle), and broken when its not. Not to mention something like that doesn't need that much UI space given that it's something immediately available at the start of the match and pretty apparent when used up, and doesn't need the kind of internalization that knowing what portrait background colours associate to which assist does. But the complaints aren't about usability, it's about aesthetics, and in that respect I'm really not seeing what there is to complain about Infinite's over past games. Even still, Infinite shows you everything you need to know in a clear, clean fashion.

SaikyoBro

Slightly relevant fun fact: Bison/Doom was supposed to be the villain combo for MSHvSF, but because Marvel had granted Acclaim exclusive rights to FF characters for their PS1 game at the same time (Marvel kinda sucked at licensing back then) Doom had to be swapped out for Omega Red.

I hadn't really thought about it until now but damn, licensing issues have been messing with the Marvel side of the roster in these games since the very beginning (remember War Machine over Iron Man in MvC1?). If X-Men and F4 get screwed out of this game then it might as well be for the sake of tradition.

I hadn't really thought about it until now but damn, licensing issues have been messing with the Marvel side of the roster in these games since the very beginning (remember War Machine over Iron Man in MvC1?). If X-Men and F4 get screwed out of this game then it might as well be for the sake of tradition.

Pretty much, haha.

Iron Man got screwed out of MSHvSF in addition to MvC1 because of a similar deal (Acclaim again, this time for the Iron Man/X-O Man-o-War crossover game). But Acclaim had only got the rights to Iron Man, and a few other specific Marvel characters (Baron Zemo, Yellowjacket and Absorbing Man being some of the notable ones), which was why they were able to get away with using War Machine in MvC1. They didn't think about that during MSHvSF's development though, which is why they had to use Cyclops instead.

IIRC, Acclaim's license lapsed during MvC2's development, which is why they were able to get Doom and IM back for that.

Why is Evil Ryu white haired now?

Probably to make him look more like Shin Akuma.

Seyavesh

I can tell you that both have X-Factor, given that the orbs next to the portraits are pulsing when it's available (which increases in intensity as partners dwindle), and broken when its not. Not to mention something like that doesn't need that much UI space given that it's something immediately available at the start of the match and pretty apparent when used up, and doesn't need the kind of internalization that knowing what portrait background colours associate to which assist does. But the complaints aren't about usability, it's about aesthetics, and in that respect I'm really not seeing what there is to complain about Infinite's over past games. Even still, Infinite shows you everything you need to know in a clear, clean fashion.

we are just worlds apart when it comes to opinions on readability and necessity, haha.
my personal experience really collides w/ the judgement that x-factor availability/usage is 'immediately obvious given you have it at the start of a match' but that falls to anecdote over anything else

anyhow, def. agree that infinite's ui is functional- those aesthetic complaints about it i think more fall on that line of being functional without being slick/'lacking personality' leading to the continued reinforcement of that "soulless mobile game" kinda feeling folks are getting

TreIII

Hah, interesting fact!

Always wondered how Omega Red got in, of all people, when the roster for that game already had two X-men as it is!

de3WIEr.png
I believe UMvC3's weird UI changes were made to make it work better on the Vita screen.

That was a good short-sighted goal.

Yeah, nah, I'm pretty sick of Zero. With X AND Sigma both in, the X series is plenty repped as is. If we're gonna get another Megaman character, let's get one from another subseries, like Protoman or Dr. Wily or hell, let's give a robot master like Cutman or Gutsman their chance in the spotlight. And that's only the classic Megaman subseries.

Outside of the Megaman series, I'm also on the Gene train for Capcom. Asura's great, but Gene's been waiting longer, and having him would finally complete the Clover trio.

Cool. I honestly had no idea about that. I didn't think Bison/Omega Red made much sense.

You pain me, friend Sasa. I'd root for your mains :(.

That's what you get for cutting me up like a paper snowflake with Zero last go-around

I am rooting for Taskmaster to be in despite smurf doing the same...but I hope he's bad too

Please Be Bad list:

Vergil
Zero
Taskmaster (but he's cool)

Only series saltier than this is Mario Kart.

From Genxa

Couldn't really notice the music all that much tbh. The TV we played on although not laggy, was very far away on a wall haha.
Yes to Alt colors, most of them look really nice.
Character select screen and vs screen are kind of basic in the build, most likely cause it's not finished.
The art style of the game attributes to that I think. It's a lot prettier than people think, and it doesn't look like a mobile game...

The game actually looks very very pretty IMO.
2button dashing is in, so wave dashing is a thing, but for the life of me could not do any form of Plink dashing (grounded or flying)

It resembles XvSF more than anything, it's by the same director afterall.

Here

Maybe the game looks a lot better in person than on videos.

Top Bottom