• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite - Gameplay Trailer 2 (Ultron, Chun-Li, Hulk, Chris and +)

Capcom's probably gonna make up for a lot of lost time if Marvel does indeed give the green-light for Fox characters in 2018. There's Wolverine, Deadpool, Magneto, Doctor Doom, Super-Skrull, Storm, Silver Surfer, & a ton of others.

That's a big IF though. I still hope that means not all Fox characters, and at least a mix.

Dahbomb

I mean isn't it safer to assume Dante and Vergil will keep their exact same look/gameplay from MVC3? They didn't update Chris' look, the only vet to get an updated look so far is Hawkeye and that's to make him look more like MCU hawkeye (and since they had to change his level 3 since antman is likely his own character).
I am not 100% sold on them bringing back Vergil initially because Capcom ALWAYS nickels and dimes the Vergil fans. If they bring him back it will be DMC3 Vergil with some dashes of DMC4SE Vergil. Vergil is really only associated with one look.

Dante makes sense as DMC3 to me too but with a new DMC on horizon I think Capcom might try to use a different model on him. It's like 50/50.

Neoxon

Boy oh boy I'm liking what I'm seeing! Anyone else think that Chun Li's new VA is an indication that Black Widow is playable and they didn't want Laura Bailey doing double duty (I imagine they were thinking the same thing with Cap and Chris)?

Also, can't tell if that's Chris Cox (EMH/UMVC3) doing Hawkeye out Troy Baker (Assemble VA)
I'm pretty sure it's Chris Cox as Hawkeye, that certainly didn't sound like Troy Baker.

But yeah, I made that same observation as you in the previous page. Perhaps New Generation Pictures (the guys who did recording for SFIV, MvC3, SFxT, SFV, & likely MvCI's English VAs) felt like Black Widow & Chun-Li were too close in tone, so they had Laura Bailey do BW & give the role of Chun-Li to who I assume is Alexis Tipton. Sure, Steve Blum did Wolverine & Taskmaster in (U)MvC3, but the voices for the two were radically different enough to not be an issue. Same for Doctor Doom & Shuma-Gorath's VA.

Harpoon

I mean isn't it safer to assume Dante and Vergil will keep their exact same look/gameplay from MVC3? They didn't update Chris' look, the only vet to get an updated look so far is Hawkeye and that's to make him look more like MCU hawkeye (and since they had to change his level 3 since antman is likely his own character).

More to make him look like the current design of Hawkeye in the comics, actually. MCU Hawkeye doesn't have the shades.

I'm pretty sure it's Chris Cox as Hawkeye, that certainly didn't sound like Troy Baker.

But yeah, I made that same observation as you in the previous page. Perhaps New Generation Pictures (the guys who did recording for SFIV, MvC3, SFxT, SFV, & likely MvCI's English VAs) felt like Black Widow & Chun-Li were too close in tone, so they had Laura Bailey do BW & give the role of Chun-Li to who I assume is Alexis Tipton.

If that really is Cox, that's interesting, cuz Baker voiced Nova in the previous game (and Marvel Heroes).

So hmm.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
max says its back to lp, hp, lk, hk is that confirmed?

I feel much more comfortable about Zero being on the base roster now that we know that Sigma's been relegated to DLC.

All this MMX wankery kinda makes me feel a little bad for some of the other Mega Man franchises, lol. Tatsunoko vs. Capcom represented the Classic series, Legends and X while UMVC3 represented the latter two, but now it seems like X is just gonna receive all the attention.

I would like to see Roll (her TVC incarnation that is) and Tron come back, at least...

What about him? Were is all of this Doc Ock talking coming from? As far as I'm concerned he is a waste of a slot.

He was considered for MVC3/UMVC3 and was one of the last characters cut. I feel people are reading too much into that and are now including him in MVCI for reasons.

Neoxon

If that really is Cox, that's interesting, cuz Baker voiced Nova in the previous game (and Marvel Heroes).

So hmm.
I feel like it's more of Marvel leaving their options open, but I wouldn't be surprised if Nova came back (especially now that Marvel's starting to realize that people don't really care for Sam).

For what it's worth, I imagine Troy Baker & Logan Miller as Richard Rider & Sam Alexander respectively whenever I read any Nova comics.

max says its back to lp, hp, lk, hk is that confirmed?
Yup

Harpoon

What about him? Were is all of this Doc Ock talking coming from? As far as I'm concerned he is a waste of a slot.

He was planned for MVC3 (even getting a theme song), was in a possibly fake leak, and this interview right after talking about how they're pairing Marvel characters with Capcom characters:
GC: Okay, we’ll just finish on Doctor Octopus, because I know he was one that almost made it into Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3. So, this would be the perfect chance to add him.

ME: I cannot speak to this. But I hear he does have six arms.

GC: Err… yes, I guess. Wait, is that a clue about pairing him with Asura?

ME: …

I feel much more comfortable about Zero being on the base roster now that we know that Sigma's been relegated to DLC.

All this MMX wankery kinda makes me feel a little bad for some of the other Mega Man franchises, lol. Tatsunoko vs. Capcom represented the Classic series, Legends and X while UMVC3 represented the latter two, but now it seems like X is just gonna receive all the attention.

I would like to see Roll (her TVC incarnation that is) and Tron come back, at least...
With MvC:I reusing so many MvC3 assets I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for Tron to show up again, whether base roster or DLC.

Neonep

I'd rather see somebody from EXE before them.

MADGAME

I'm curious, what is everyone's favored stick layout for an LP, HP, LK, HK, + 2 (tag and stone) button config?

All attacks on one row, punches top row kicks bottom, etc.

Edit: I ask because I've always been fine with 6 attack button layouts, and 4 button layouts (L attack, M attack, H attack, and launcher), but the LP/HP/LK/HK always feels a bit awkward to me.

Dahbomb

There were actually files in Marvel 3 named Dr Octopus. Definitely was one of the 8 characters they had planned to add in after UMVC3.

NotLiquid

There's zero chance venom makes it in. They're not going to do that work making his model warp and distort during his attacks.

Ryce already said there's one Capcom character in it that he's impressed the animation team managed to work in.

Wouldn't be too far fetched if we see the same on the Marvel side with Venom.

TreIII

At the very least, assuming my earlier theory pans out, maybe that at least means that Capcom is willing to market at least one other MM series going forward, besides whatever the new toon is shaping up to be (and slated to get its own mobile game).

X for the veteran crowd and the new Mega Man for a younger generation would pretty effectively mirror the "X/Zero + MMBN" strategy that worked well enough for Capcom in the early 2000s.

Neoxon

Contest of Champions has a shit load of X-Men

I expect Wolverine, Magneto, Storm, Sent, Doom and Deadpool
Contest of Champions was made before the ban started. From what I was able to gather when I looked into the whole situation, it was the cut-off point.

There should be a wall of text detailing everything in the Roster Speculation Thread's OP.

vg260

Maybe I missed it, but where did the idea of them "pairing" Capcom characters with Marvel come from?
(I saw the Doc Ock/Asura bit already, but the idea seemed to com from the interviewer).

Negaduck

Remember guys in regards to who might or might not be in.

It's the character game rights they have to deal with. Whatever movie issues shouldn't really affect who they can or can't have.

Characters Movie rights =/= characters game rights

Contracts are weird.

Dahbomb

Maybe I missed it, but where did the idea of them "pairing" Capcom characters with Marvel come from?
(I saw the Doc Ock/Asura bit already, but the idea seemed to com from the interviewer).
All characters were paired in UMVC3.

The pairing has been toned down a lot in Marvel Infinite. Ultron came in with no real pair though I guess his actual pair is Sigma.

We need a Spidey villain, and with him potentially having files/assets from MvC3 I could absolutely see them bringing him in to the mix. I doubt/hope they wont use Vulture as that all but eliminates Falcon's chances IMO

No thanks on Zero he can be DLC for all i care its Megaman time to shine.

Unfortunately I have no doubt that bitch ass Zero will make the cut. I just hope he's ass this time.

That's it, Me and Starphoenix vs. you two mark ass busters at the old playground

Neoxon

Remember guys in regards to who might or might not be in.

It's the character game rights they have to deal with. Whatever movie issues shouldn't really affect who they can or can't have.

Characters Movie rights =/= characters game rights

Contracts are weird.
It's not that Marvel can't use characters that they don't have the movie rights to in their games, it's that they don't want to (or didn't want to at the time of the post-CoC games).

Harpoon

Nah, the interviewee brought the idea up first.

ME: Yeah, yeah. We definitely think about that. The logic is that we think about it from all angles. Of course, we want to pick characters that we feel the character type is appropriate in the line-up. So fast, small characters and big brawler characters. But also in a crossover game like this, especially one where we’re trying to tell a story, we want to look for really interesting match-ups. Interesting characters that could play off each other well.

You saw in the teaser Rocket and X, right? Rocket’s really interested in technology and tinkering with things, and then you have X. You also have Chun-Li and Captain Marvel: two very powerful female characters that are at the forefront. So we’re looking at characters that play off each other well, work together well. But also important, as you say, is those more fan service characters that people want to see brought back.

vg260

Slots are at a premium especially on the Marvel side. Doc Ock ain't that important.

That's not really saying anything though. Of course slots are at a premium, and who's important is subjective. You can make an argument for any character really.

Nah, the interviewee brought the idea up first.

Ah, I missed that.

I guess that makes the Ock/Asura exchange more interesting.

Top Bottom