• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men of GAF, what are your thoughts on women who strength train?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palmer_v1

I find it attractive up to a certain point. Legs, ass, arms, and back can all be muscular. Crazy 6-pack abs, I find weird. It's also not great if they're so fit that their boobs basically disappear.

Hell yeah definitely. The last couple of months I've been getting into it as well as there is this girl at the gym who fits exactly the bill you're mentioning and I've developed such a crush on her. Muscular, strong, women are hot.

Though I do agree Chyna level would but way too much but I'd also agree any guy who wants to look like a professional body builder like Jay Cutler or some shit is a bit much.

Draft

Some kind of strength training is literally the only way to stay attractive past 30 for every single human being, man or woman.

I don't know what o expected. I'm not asking nor do I care if women who lift give you guys boners.

jbhmmm.png
I don't know either what you expected when you posted those pics in the OP. The question in your OP is weirdly framed if you don't wanna know if the "Men of GAF" find it attractive.

🤔🤔🤔🤔 clearly he isn't going to go to the gym if he can't stand it. Seems like eventually he thought she was going to push him to do something he saw no pleasure in doing, and then you try to get him to go and he sees the writing on the wall. But no one should be forcing a lifestyle on or off of another person, period.

What. No one is forcing anybody to do anything. We just invited him to come along because we thought he'd like it. Forcing a lifestyle? You got all that based on what I said?

Hell yeah definitely. The last couple of months I've been getting into it as well as there is this girl at the gym who fits exactly the bill you're mentioning and I've developed such a crush on her. Muscular, strong, women are hot.

Though I do agree Chyna level would but way too much but I'd also agree any guy who wants to look like a professional body builder like Jay Cutler or some shit is a bit much.

Yeah, as long as she is not built like Chyna, I don't mind.

I'm completely fine with women who strength train. Problem is I'm pretty much a weed myself and for health reasons, probably couldn't keep up though I'd be willing to try. So I don't know if women who strength train would be into me.

I don't know what o expected. I'm not asking nor do I care if women who lift give you guys boners.

I mean, to be fair, the way the first post was worded sounded like "my friend just got broken up with by her man because he felt emasculated, my boyfriend doesn't feel this way, what are your thoughts on women who lift", which reads pretty close to "is male-GAF attracted to women who lift".

That said, I think women who lift are awesome and worthy of a ton of respect. My wife doesn't, but I don't think less of her for it.

tr00per

Even though it's not my preferred look, I will say that it is appealing in that it shows perseverance and a strong mind, which is always attractive.

Pretty hot actually. I find girls that lift to have the kind of musculature I want. However, there is a point where they can become way too into it and start to get thought of being bodybuilders. That's the point where I'm out.

3 times at the gym, do your squats, dead lifts, bench presses and a few other compound exercises. If the woman is worrying about calorie intake, bulking, slimming to maximize muscle definition, that's too much for me.

Quonny

I appreciate that they're healthy and if they're happy, all the more power to them.

Just not my cup of tea.

LordOfChaos

I think more should do it!

"I don't want to strength train, I'll get too bulky!" is largly untrue for women, hormones and stuffs make it so that only the top end of training would make you larger. Strength training does however help keep off fat with more lean muscle mass burning up calories.

Tenck

I think women who are in to strength training look beautiful. I know my friends and even my sister says it makes women look manly, and that it's unattractive. I find that thinking to be silly and I don't see how that's even remotely bad.

If girls are being rejected for doing strength training and it makes their partner feel inferior, that person wasn't worth their time.

Pau

But generally if women burn fat, the first place to go are the boobs.
This is my biggest fear losing weight. :(

I was doing strength training for two months and then my semester got hectic and I broke the habit. I really need to start up again.

Hoo-doo

Banned
It's awesome. Respect the shit out of anyone taking weightlifting seriously regardless of gender.

I'm personally not a huge fan of the overly-muscled female aesthetic, but then again who cares. If they are happy then that's all it takes.

gatling

A friend didn't want to lose her boobs and I totally wanted mine to be greatly reduced. Down 2 cup sizes with lifting and cardio. Feels good.

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
I've never been attracted to them and them to me. But I have respect in their hobby / lifestyle.

Roxkis_ii

I personally wouldn't mind if my lady started weightlifting, but too much of anything can be bad for you (and me).

Frunobulax

Neo Member
I don't care if a women likes to exercise, that's a good thing to me, not a bad thing.

There is nothing my wife could do with herself that would bother me. I saw her with food poisoning while pregnant, and I still found her attractive.

And if she somehow got stronger then me, well I can easily lift my body weight for an extended period of time. If she could do that, we'd invent some new stuff to do with each other. It would be fun.

As for other women, they don't matter to me like that. Idc how they look or what they do.

paskowitz

As a guy, it is hard to argue that women who look after their bodies aren't significantly more attractive than women who don't... but once you start taking questionable supplements (roids) and messing with your body chemistry... and then that starts changing not only your appearance but your demeanor... yeah... that isn't sexy (IMO). Also, that line can change real quick.

Same thing for us guys. Looking like some inflated muscle balloon with a dick that is as reliable as a Pinto is just ridiculous.

IMO Jessica Biel is right on the money.

People should do what they please. I don't have any problem with it.
But i don't think bodybuild muscular is very attractive on a woman. In fact, i don't even think bodybuild muscular is attractive on a man. Luckaly, a lot of other people do.
Sportlike athletic is nice. But bodybuilder stuff looks weird to me. Let's all be glad we like different things ;P.

As a guy, it is hard to argue that women who look after their bodies aren't significantly more attractive than women who don't... but once you start taking questionable supplements (roids) and messing with your body chemistry... and then that starts changing not only your appearance but your demeanor... yeah... that isn't sexy (IMO). Also, that line can change real quick.

Same thing for us guys. Looking like some inflated muscle balloon with a dick that is as reliable as a Pinto is just ridiculous.

IMO Jessica Biel is right on the money.
She's perfect <3

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
"It's their life and it's rad if they do what they love"

I certainly don't jump to objectifying them and deciding on their worth based on attractiveness. I'm not 13 years old.

dankir

Oh man that girl who inadvertantly looks like Chun-li is fine as fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk! Ladies you should squat and squat often!

Puruzi

Banned
I uh, don't like the fit body too much. I'm into girls that are a little chubby. So I'm not too into girls that strength train.

Goon

lmao @ being intimidated by a 120 pound deadlift. The dude has to be really insecure about his body image considering you can lift that without being toned or jacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom