• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men of GAF, what are your thoughts on women who strength train?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabbis

I don't care if a women is physically stronger than me but i don't like the overly(for my taste) muscular look like the pics in the OP.

Blues1990

It's all about becoming comfortable in your own skin, to be perfectly honest.

If you aren't happy with your appearance and want to better your physicality, then go for it. I'm aiming for a lean Volleyball player build myself, and I'm itching away to that goal. Just got to continue to tone my body, along with tightening a few things together.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
I work for a physiotherapist, so women who avoid strength training because they don't want to look "bulky" and men who reinforce this irritate me deeply, and it's a dangerous attitude to have.

Strength training is essential for your current physical health regardless of gender, and protects you from an endless list of problems later in life. Jogging really ain't shit.

I'm definitely ok with it. I'm a former collegiate powerlifter and was surrounded by women that lifted. Most of them had similar body structures to Samantha Wright. I dated a few of them. My wife ran track when I met her (sprinter) and strength training was part of her regimen. Needless to say I like women that strength train. I say go for it.

FyreWulff

Not a fan at all. Don't like fat either but a nice middle leaning fit type is perfect to me. I like a tad bit of squish and body builder ladies have weird boobs or none. Being a boob man I can't get behind my kids starving because mom is benchpressing a car. The animal brain in me just doesn't function when there is too much muscle.

.. milk isn't stored inside fat

+1 to the hell ya department

i wouldn't date someone who doesn't take care of themselves. wife and i go to the gym together all the time, great way to bond/share an activity

i get a good feeling when i see a girl work out (not a sexual feeling mind you). but that feeling that makes me motivated (y)
also i like girls who crossfit. (y)

cyress8

Banned
Look sexy, just like women that do not train. If anything, I'm more aroused because they look like Chun-Li and fuck do my dick get hard for Chun.

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
Some of the women here are really attractive but too much muscle is a turn off for me. I like my women soft. A little tone is fine but I'd prefer a little more fat than a little more muscle. Although I'm not kicking any of these women out the bed...

That one chick in here with the really nice wagon but super defined upper body is confusing to my parts. I like a nice fatty like any other guy but her top just throws me for a loop. I shall study her Instagram thoroughly and report back my findings.

I got no beef with them going to the gym and getting in the shap they prefer.

Teletraan1

Banned
I really like it. As long as they don't go too far with it like anything. I find full on bodybuilders to be kind of grotesque male or female. But there is nothing wrong with some lean muscle. There are a couple of girls like the OP pics at my gym, real sweethearts but I get the notion that some guys are intimidated/afraid of them or something. Some weird social thing.

Jobbs

Banned
I think it's great and I don't feel emasculated by it. That said, on an aesthetic level bulking doesn't appeal to me very much in a potential mate (if that's relevant to the question).

That shouldn't matter to most people, though, so go for it!

dankir

Love it. I think the absolutely sexiest thing about is the dedication. It's hard enough with our busy lives so a woman who spends the time and works her ass off for it gets two thumbs up from me.

Plus I love girls who squat because their bootys are glorious and I love girls with big calves.

MGrant

Strength training is great. Everyone should do it. Bodybuilding is a different thing; it takes years of dedication and careful planning. No one ever accidentally got huge by doing benches and squats a few times a week as part of a regular workout routine. That being said, it's harder for women, and I think the ones who are successful are fucking awesome.

A girl who works out generally means she's in good shape. When I start seeing 6 packs and stacked muscles on the other hand, I bail out. Pics by OP for example = very unattractive.

Skyr

I find it very beautiful and attractive.
As someone who works out 4-5 times a week also the mindset towards health and nutrition makes fit girls very attractive to me.

So would totally date..

There is just one problem that prolly lot of guys who work out at least half way serious can relate to.
When you are at the gym you work out and you DO NOT hit on girls like you are it is some kind of club.
For me it's just a no go. Oh well it still can happen by chance right? :p

Demy

More power to em.
Srsly, any fit person makes me feel like a fat dingus for not hitting the gym and jogging more often but I don't hold anything against the person. Their efforts are inspiring.

As for the sex appeal aspect, that's a big hubba hubba on my end.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Strength training is great and the fact that there are people out there showing it's OK for women to have muscles and be strong is great. But I have to say I think the common Instagram aesthetic takes it a bit too far. It's often on the verge if not equal to male bodybuilding which to me always felt like a very unhealthy extreme, physically and mentally. Taking a good thing and going too far with it. Plus they often peddle bullshit products like Fit Tea and various proteins and supplements. But as long as people feel good about themselves and aren't doing anything dangerous in order to be in the shape they want it's good.

Apathy

Whatever, their body. I do find some quite beautiful but there is a point where they might get too big and then it does nothing for me.

kunonabi

I dig really tall women with indoor volleyball player physiques so I'm pretty fond of women who do some strength training. It shows discipline, dedication, and self-respect which are all traits you want from a girlfriend/wife.

Beside training is always better with a partner.

I would have more of a problem with dating someone steeped in training language than anything having to do with their physique or strength. I wouldnt be intimidated or scared off by someone getting stronger than me. The first time they used the term "gains" in an unironic manner? I'm getting antsy about a future with them.

I generally find it hot as hell. Of course, as always it depends on the "whole package" but there's something very attractive about people doing something they enjoy and that keeps them healthy at the same time. It shows dedication, which ranks very high on my list.

Also, toned abs and thighs on a woman
lawd.png

jph139

I mean, I'm not super into exercise, so I feel like any actual serious relationship with someone who IS super into exercise would be pretty doomed. Unless they're cool with a guy does not and will not go to the gym.

EDIT: In a nutshell I'd say it's probably a value thing. I value health, but not necessarily fitness/strength, which I can takr or leave. So if you do place value in that, we'd probably have a real philosophical difference there.

Aesthetically light musculature is fine, but I do prefer ladies on the thick-and-curvy end for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom