• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woffls

Are you doing the VR missions where you have to grab ledges?

Your timing needs to be on point, or you can just mash the button to grab the ledge.

If you're really methodical with grabbing, you shouldn't fail them.
I read that just mashing the grab button is enough to do it, but that keeps failing so the window must be quite narrow... maybe I need to mash quicker?

I was just trying to get my grip level up for dog tags, then I finally got sufficiently annoyed to see if it was a common problem or not.

Oddly enough, the ledge grabbing VR mission I did yesterday didn't give me any issues. I can't remember how I approached that, though.

Loakum

Banned
wZrhM7V.jpg

Also peeps need to watch this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMK-kajdgMA :(

Vally

Meh, the PythonSelkan video was disappointing this time... it was basically the thread that got locked in video form. The ending was funny though, 'Big Boss moves his head slightly = it's a twitch because he just had his head transplanted'

EGOMON

So I finished playing MGS4 and can't understand how this game won gaf goty twice!
It wasn't bad or anything its just playing MGS series in sequence over a short period showed me that MGS3 is the best from gameplay to plot to characters.
The best thing about MGS4 is the ending it was amazing but boss fights and gameplay felt kinda generic.
So currently to me this is how I would rank MGS games:
MGS3 > MGS1 > MGS4 > MGS2
I have yet to play PW & GZ but I don't think they would top up MGS3 anyway will play and see

So I finished playing MGS4 and can't understand how this game won gaf goat twice!
It wasn't bad or anything its just playing MGS series in sequence over a short period showed me that MGS3 is the best from gameplay to plot to characters.
The best thing about MGS4 is the ending it was amazing but boss fights and gameplay felt kinda generic.
So currently to me this is how I would rank MGS games:
MGS3 > MGS1 > MGS4 > MGS2
I have yet to play PW & GZ but I don't think they would top up MGS3 anyway will play and see

MGS 4 i felt had better gameplay then 3..it just wasn;t utilized to its strengths at much

i wonder if others agree with me?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Holy shit they will have a Skull Face interview soon!

This should be awesome.

EGOMON

MGS 4 i felt had better gameplay then 3..it just wasn;t utilized to its strengths at much

I did felt something was missing it lacked the charms of the previous ones to the point I kept running and gunning rather than going stealth like other MGS games, oh well that just my humble opinion as a newcomer to the series

Kindekuma

Banned
I don't know man...they can't say jack shit about MGSV TPP..so it's gonna be..."so how do ya like voice acting in general" kind of interview.

Yeah these hitbox interviews have been basically identical. At least they can ask about the recording process for GZ a little bit more but other than that we won't get anything new than "Oh Skullface looks like the bad guy but in reality he's
working with Snake

KorrZ

You're probably right in terms of just character moveset and control but gameplay encompasses more than just that. Level design, boss fights, enemy placement etc plays into gameplay as well and MGS3 takes the crown in that regard easily.

Really, there is not too much you can do in MGS4 that you can't do in 3 - it's just that the controls are more refined.

I don't have an issue with the concept of Metal Gear being a Russian technology. I dislike REX itself not being designed by Otacon anymore. =P
But he didn't actually invent Rex. He was said to be "team leader of the Metal Gear Rex project" by Baker and he himself said "I created Rex. It's my right... my duty to destroy him", but he makes it clear it was built by separate departments. And most obvious of all, he didn't have a clue what it was being used for.
Guys, konami just de-listed itself from the n.y. stock exchange.
We knew this on April 1st.

You're probably right in terms of just character moveset and control but gameplay encompasses more than just that. Level design, boss fights, enemy placement etc plays into gameplay as well and MGS3 takes the crown in that regard easily.

Really, there is not too much you can do in MGS4 that you can't do in 3 - it's just that the controls are more refined.

yeah, i agree. the controls are better in 4 though with over the shoulder aiming (w/ shoulder buttons), full FPS option, etc. 3 was designed with the old, archaic, overhead camera in mind and the controls reflect that. having said that, everything else you said is on-point. MGS3 has amazing and long stretches of gameplay that none of the other games have. i'd love to see a "remixed" version with 4/peace walker controls. i know they did that with 3D, but you'd really need to change the boss battles, enemy placement, etc to reflect the easier combat controls

SkullmtghB_145.png

so this is the new symbol of Outer Heaven

do you think Kojima/Konami retconned the original one because of the swastika, or they just wanted to create a new symbol

is there any hints of Big Boss religious beliefs... is he christian, because he calls his ideology/paradise "Outer Heaven" is there any hints that i might of missed in 3 that mentions his religious ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom