• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm sure the swastika would have been removed anyway, but they probably would have redesigned it regardless, just like the redesigned the foxhound logo

SkullmtghB_145.png

so this is the new symbol of Outer Heaven

do you think Kojima/Konami retconned the original one because of the swastika, or they just wanted to create a new symbol

They changed it so it matches with our logo.

You know for awhile, I'd thought the 3d interpretation of big boss' hairdo was odd given the physics of real world ponytails (if you will). You'll notice in shinkawa's drawings of him, the hair is very pulled back, indicative of the ponytail. But then I thought "oh right, mullet" which explains why there seems to be no tension in the avatar of snake's hair.

Is the ponytail mullet...............is the "pullet" a thing?

Sorry. Mullytail.

Kindekuma

Banned
You know for awhile, I'd thought the 3d interpretation of big boss' hairdo was odd given the physics of real world ponytails (if you will). You'll notice in shinkawa's drawings of him, the hair is very pulled back, indicative of the ponytail. But then I thought "oh right, mullet" which explains why there seems to be no tension in the avatar of snake's hair.

Is the ponytail mullet...............is the "pullet" a thing?

Sorry. Mullytail.

I'm gonna miss Snake's hair blowin' in the wind in TPP. I'm not sure how the pony tail physics will work.

do you guys like the BB ponytail or wish he kept the mullet for TPP..

i mean i guess it makes sense if BB wants to sort of "start over" after the coma..but what are your thoughts

Lernaean

Banned
BB, and SS for the same reason, are the only people who can support a mullet without looking ridiculous.
They deserve our admiration just for that.

If you had the choice, which would you choose between:

A: Kojima is funded with an unlimited game budget to create whatever he wants.

B: Kojima is funded with a budget to cover getting a game out in less than 5 years.

If you had the choice, which would you choose between:

A: Kojima is funded with an unlimited game budget to create whatever he wants.

B: Kojima is funded with a budget to cover getting a game out in less than 5 years.

He's earn the right to do whatever he wants, sucks he doesn't get to keep the fox engine ;_; at least it gets to create his masterpiece. This engine was created for this one game, it was fate.. What a send off bravo!

With that said I'll go with option A

Lernaean

Banned
Yeah Fox Engine fulfilled its purpose with TPP. Konami can now keep it to make footie games no one will buy cause the competition is better.

It has been canceled, did you not see the news with the delisting from the NYSE?

All pre-orders got cancelled and refunds will happen within the next 2-4 weeks.

"In addition to the 15 million a year (conservative) that Konami will save by trimming back excessive expenses in its Kojima Productions subsidiary, Konami will also save another 5 million a year by delisting from the NYSE. With MGS5 about to go on sale, these combined events should result in higher profits and an improved stock price.":
http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/27/8503893/konami-delists-itself-from-new-york-stock-exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom