• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS V comes out two weeks later on PC, how annoying is that?

Yeah, you can forget that for two hours. After that the game will end and you will see AK icon on your desktop.
That phantom pain.

Kojima needs to save us , this Port has left a very sour taste in my mouth . I haven't been so angry about a AAA release in quite a while.

Houndi101

I'll just finish up collecting Soldiers in GZ during that time.

While we're on the subject, do you need to collect every soldier in every side mission too?
And are the patches in different missIons or just the main one?
Does completing stuff on Hard (a real pain) merit anything special for PP?
Then there's the casette tapes, I assume they are spread out the same way as the patches?

Zoggy

eh I can wait two weeks.

tho the ps4 ground zeroes did run great, i'd still like it on pc for the better resolution

DesuNe

I'd rather them keep us away from it for 2 weeks than for us to get it on the 1st Sept and then be unable to play it perfectly for 2 weeks until it gets patched.

While we're on the subject, do you need to collect every soldier in every side mission too?
Then there's the casette tapes, I assume they are spread out the same way as the patches?

We don't have much information on difficulty except that the missions have adaptive difficulty.

AKA the game will adapt to you. Use Tranquilizer Head shots = Helmets . Guns Blazing = Riot Shields.

There are soldiers with good stats and there are soldiers with special abilities , you probably want a mix of both.

Cassette tapes are spread throughout the game.

Houndi101

We don't have much information on difficulty except that the missions have adaptive difficulty.

AKA the game will adapt to you. Use Tranquilizer Head shots = Helmets . Guns Blazing = Riot Shields.

There are soldiers with good stats and there are soldiers with special abilities , you probably want a mix of both.

Cassette tapes are spread throughout the game.

Meant Ground Zeroes but thanks ;E

FiraB

Banned
Getting both PS4 and PC.

PC for all the singleplayer and modability, PS4 because thats where MGO will shine.

Two weeks aint nothing anyway, its after AK and A few others recently I would rather a good job done.

Holdfing

Yes IIRC.
The patches are all in the main mission.
I don't think so. Unless there's a difference between rescuing prisoners on normal and hard.
There are also a couple of tapes in other missions.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I'd rather wait two weeks and get a solid version of the game rather than deal with this debacle that we've had with Batman: Arkham Knight...

I hate to bring this up

but those are not the only two options

it is entirely possible that this port will be both late and ass

N30RYU

this is such a potentially spoilering game, that other move than buy it day one on the first platform it releases is quite risky.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Spoilers and meme's will be all over the place after 2 weeks, if I was playing on PC I'd hide in a cave for those 14 days+added playtime. IIRC wasn't there a massive spoiler about
Big Boss being alive
at the end of MGS4 floating around at release

I hate to bring this up

but those are not the only two options

We can only speculate unless you work at Kojima Productions or whoever is porting the game.

Nvidia is untrustworthy as fuck as seen by this Arkham Knight Debacle. So information about the port will be scarce until release.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
We can only speculate unless you work at Kojima Productions or whoever is porting the game.

Nvidia is untrustworthy as fuck as seen by this Arkham Knight Debacle. So information about the port will be scarce until release.

Did I miss something, I thought we were blaming that on the shoddy developer RS outsourced the game to? (and RS themselves and WB ofc)

OrochiJR

Spoilers and meme's will be all over the place after 2 weeks, if I was playing on PC I'd hide in a cave for those 14 days+added playtime. IIRC wasn't there a massive spoiler about
Big Boss being alive
at the end of MGS4 floating around at release

This time it will be even worse, as there will be sensationalist headlines like "Hayter's in the game, Kojima played everyone like a fiddle" or "Solid Snake is in MGS5" or "Remake of Metal Gear in MGS5" all over any video game related site. If those things should occur that is. The best thing would be to go on total (videogame/ entertainment related) internet blackout from a few days before the game releases on console until one finishes it.

Bennicus

The PC version of Ground Zeroes was pretty great, so two weeks is nothing. Now, if it somehow ends up two weeks later *and* a shitty port...

Nvidia has just been a popular 'shit on' target lately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQRGypvRfxA

This video was released weeks ago before launch showing effects , It runs at 1080P /60FPS.

There is a Default lock in-game of 30FPS.

Which makes you wonder. Also the missing AO from the PS4 Version.

px2Ja4u.jpg

Markitron

Nvidia released the Gameworks video that had the game running at 1080P /60FPS with the PS4 Effects+ Gameworks .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQRGypvRfxA

The real game has a 30FPS cap by default and missing effects , something shady is going on.

Wow that is pretty shady. Is it at all possible for the game to look like this on PC, even for small stretches?

This time it will be even worse, as there will be sensationalist headlines like "Hayter's in the game, Kojima played everyone like a fiddle" or "Solid Snake is in MGS5" or "Remake of Metal Gear in MGS5" all over any video game related site. If those things should occur that is. The best thing would be to go on total (videogame/ entertainment related) internet blackout from a few days before the game releases on console until one finishes it.

Yea it's virtually guaranteed there will be a massive Kojima troll in the game, and places like IGN won't be able to resist. I won't be playing Batman till Friday and I'm pissed off that IGN have an article titled 'Why I don't like the Arkham Knights Identity' on release day (or something to that effect). It's not technically a spoiler but it's unnecessary. Will be way worse with whatever Kojima pulls.

ShaunBRS

I'm not afraid for the lack of players but for the fact that some people will be using mouse + keyboard and some will be using pads, the aiming difference is gonna be HUGE

These posts reminded me... there's an issue to this day with the mouse controls in Ground Zeroes where zoomed optics have absolutely no sensitivity scaling. It's bad enough that it makes a pad considerably more accurate than a mouse at higher levels of zoom.

Three or four patches came and went and it was never fixed :(

Gren

Perfect. Absolutely no way to cave into temptation until I hear how the microtransactions are, lol.

If they turn out to be largely ineffectual, then it's going to be a grueling wait.

EDIT: Actually, I'll be waiting until I definitively hear how good the port is (GZ was great, but nothing is certain these days), so for me it'll be 2 weeks and some change.

I don't get it.. GZ was a great port. It's a miracle that MGSV is even coming out on PC, let alone with only a 2 week delay and (supposedly) a great port.

How is this bad? Just wait.. be grateful!

Holdfing

These posts reminded me... there's an issue to this day with the mouse controls in Ground Zeroes where zoomed optics have absolutely no sensitivity scaling. It's bad enough that it makes a pad considerably more accurate than a mouse at higher levels of zoom.

Three or four patches came and went and it was never fixed :(

This is still bugging me as well. So I just play with a gamepad. But then the fucking spinny circle mouse cursor pops up. I really hope they'll fix it :/

This is still bugging me as well. So I just play with a gamepad. But then the fucking spinny circle mouse cursor pops up. I really hope they'll fix it :/

I put the mouse cursor all the way at the bottom right on the screen. Doesn't bug me in gameplay.

Waiting 2 weeks for such an amazing game (which will probably have a ridiculously well made port technically if GZ is an indicator) is worth it.

Only annoying if the game turns out to be like Arkham Knight, if not then I really don't mind it at all, could be months later, fine with that.

kipsta

I'll be getting it on PC. GZ ran flawlessly, and 2 weeks is not a long time.

In the meantime they should release MGS Collection on Steam.

Holdfing

I put the mouse cursor all the way at the bottom right on the screen. Doesn't bug me in gameplay.

Yeah I know of and use this "fix", but it still bugs me for some reason. The port otherwise is so close to being perfect. I'm confident TPP is going to be just as good as well.

Top Bottom