• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS V comes out two weeks later on PC, how annoying is that?

Seanspeed

Banned
The PC players who will see a thread titled "So Hayter IS in MGSV" a day after the console version is out.
As somebody who is more often than not, 'late to the party' on games, I've found it pretty easy to avoid spoilers. Obviously it means limiting your presence in the official game thread, but that's not a big deal.

Woffls

I usually do a good job of avoiding spoilers, but there's no way I'm risking it for Phantom Pain. I'll get it day one on PS4 or XO, even though I'd be able to run the PC version a bit better.

Mononoke

Banned
The PC players who will see a thread titled "So Hayter IS in MGSV" a day after the console version is out.

Lol thank god I've never cared about spoilers. They don't bother me. I don't seek them out, but if I see one it doesn't bother me. Meh!

Greddleok

How annoying is it? Slightly irritating, on the scale of my daily bus being late by a couple of minutes.

Guess what? I'm going to wait until it's 50% of the price before I buy it. Wonder how long that'll be.

How annoying is it? Slightly irritating, on the scale of my daily bus being late by a couple of minutes.

Guess what? I'm going to wait until it's 50% of the price before I buy it. Wonder how long that'll be.

LOL , the major spoilers will be everywhere waiting to leap at you by the time it hits a sale.

Klossen

Banned
Two years ago and we'd all be pissing ourselves that a mainline MGS game was even coming to PC. We've gone from no PC versions (MGS3, MGS4), to a year wait for Ground Zeroes and now to a mere two week wait for the PC version of MGSV. Honestly, I'm sort of sceptical it won't get delayed further considering how this is almost too good to be true.

It's PC. It will only cost you that much if don't bother shopping around.

So long as Konami don't open up their own storefront, I think you'll be ok.

Just remember you lose your ability to get a refund if you get it outside steam , just saying . Lots of people couldn't get refunds on Arkham Knight.

Greddleok

LOL , the major spoilers will be everywhere waiting to leap at you by the time it hits a sale.

LOL who cares? This whole spoiler culture is so ridiculous. It doesn't matter what happens in any story, it's the how that's interesting.

Plus it's MGS, the plot is insane anyway.

Mifec

To everyone talking about spoilers I hope you do know that the game will leak up to two weeks before it's out on ps3 and 360. So be careful.

LOL who cares? This whole spoiler culture is so ridiculous. It doesn't matter what happens in any story, it's the how that's interesting.

Plus it's MGS, the plot is insane anyway.
Speak for yourself, I'd rather not have any surprises ruined and experience the story unfold myself. Thank you.

Of course I speak for myself and no one else.

It's not even hard to avoid spoilers. Just don't read or watch things about game/movie/book X. No one is going to come up to you in the street and shout in your face "GUESS WHAT, SNAKE DIES!"

Unless its about Star Wars , if you can successfully avoid any reference to the major spoiler in Empire Strikes Back . Kudos to you.

Ark

Eh, I'm more than happy to wait two weeks for the PC version, as long as its not a terrible port like Batman has been.

CUD

Banned
Not very annoying. I have so many games to play that a couple of weeks is nothing really, although I'm not yet sure if I'll be getting MGS V on release.

Ratrat

To everyone talking about spoilers I hope you do know that the game will leak up to two weeks before it's out on ps3 and 360. So be careful.
Pretty much. Weren't there a bunch of MGS4 spoilers before release? I remember the Big Boss picture leak.

Corpsepyre

Banned
I would rather they take longer than 2 weeks if it means we end up getting a tight port. I can avoid spoilers till then.

Hypron

More like a week before release. You can bet some shop in Saudi Arabia is going to sell the game 1+ week in advance like every other game :/. I might go on a full video game website blackout 1 week before release. It'll be hard but it'll be worth it.

Crypt

I'm honestly annoyed about it. I want to play it on the same day as the console releases because all this says is that pc is secondary and I'm tired of that being the case. I also don't want to have to dodge spoilers for two weeks.

Ratrat

There was but the trailers had already spoiled a good amount already, that's not quite the case so far with MGSV.
But how lame would it be to have Shadow moses, Rex vs ray or the ending spoiled? There were still plenty of surprises.

Haunted

on a scale of 1 to 10 i'd say it's a who gives a shit

As usual with spoilers, the only way to be safe is to stay off related threads (and in bigger cases than MGS, it's safer to stay off the internet for a while).

You're never completely safe, even as a day 1 player on consoles. If it's not spoilers from other players who were faster than you, it's from early copies, if it's not from early copies, it's from pre-release leaks etc etc. That said, the longer you wait to play it, the higher the chance to get spoiled.

Yea, it's pretty annoying. I'll be buying the PS4 version for that very reason. Luckily GZ on PS4 ran at a pretty good 1080p/60fps so I don't feel like I'm missing out on too much.

Top Bottom