• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS V comes out two weeks later on PC, how annoying is that?

ArjanN

The PC players who will see a thread titled "So Hayter IS in MGSV" a day after the console version is out.

All that stuff will be leaked and be all over the internet like a week before the console release as well, because of people getting early copies. Just like with every game.

aravuus

LOL who cares? This whole spoiler culture is so ridiculous. It doesn't matter what happens in any story, it's the how that's interesting.

Plus it's MGS, the plot is insane anyway.

"Spoiler culture", what the fuck? You can speak for yourself, I don't want to know ANYTHING about the story in advance.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Nah even though its my most anticipated game i can wait two weeks. If it helps them port it as well as ground zeroes ( which was a godlike port) then ill give them all the time they need.

Angel_DvA

I'll get the PC version for the single player experience, will play the PS4 for the MGO experience, need to avoided social media for two weeks i guess.

I'm just super fucking happy that we get a mainline MGS on PC. If you were to have told me this was gona happen previous gen I would have laughed my ass off and then told you it has about as much chance of happening as FF7 being announced. lol

Eh. Priority is PS4 version. Love playing with dualshock4 and gotta have my trophies for MGS. GZ felt perfect with DS4. Mouse and keyboard controls were terrible... But I also hate mouse and keyboard for any game, including shooters. Will get the PC version when cheap just to crank it to max settings.

Almost 2 months til launch!

Two weeks isn't even that bad. To be honest, I'm actually pleasantly surprised it's ONLY two weeks.

I've waited months, even over a year (GTA5) for PC ports before.

RK9039

I don't mind, the wait isn't that long. Dark Souls 2 was a longer delay. Also we'll know by then how bad the micro-transactions are.

MGS4 PC port? There wasn't one.

thatsthejoke.jpg

realcZk

I'll very likely end up double dipping. Two weeks is a long time to wait for how excited I've been for this game. Ground Zeroes ran great on PC. The default controls and keybinds were responsive and I didn't have to tweak anything.

I highly doubt that two weeks would magically result in a shit port becoming good (though it's unlikely to be shit considering Ground Zeroes). More than likely Konami wants that double-dipping money.

I'll very likely end up double dipping. Two weeks is a long time to wait for how excited I've been for this game. Ground Zeroes ran great on PC. The default controls and keybinds were responsive and I didn't have to tweak anything.

Case in point.

Shinjica

I'd rather wait two weeks and get a solid version of the game rather than deal with this debacle that we've had with Batman: Arkham Knight...

I'm shocked how many people believe this.

I'm pretty sure the two week delay isn't a "we think the PC version needs two more weeks than the console version to not be buggy" thing. It's almost certainly a "Konami execs are dumb and afraid of TEH PIRACY, so they demand the console versions come out first to avoid losing sales due to the ability to pirate the game on day one" thing.

I'd imagine that's what's really going on with most games that release the PC version ~2-4 weeks after the console version.

exactly

I'd rather wait two weeks and get a solid version of the game rather than deal with this debacle that we've had with Batman: Arkham Knight...

I'm pretty sure the two week delay isn't a "we think the PC version needs two more weeks than the console version to not be buggy" thing. It's almost certainly a "Konami execs are dumb and afraid of TEH PIRACY, so they demand the console versions come out first to avoid losing sales due to the ability to pirate the game on day one" thing.

I'd imagine that's what's really going on with most games that release the PC version ~2-4 weeks after the console version.

I remember Max Payne 3 having a two week delay on PC because they wanted to avoid competition with Diablo 3. But yeah, a short delay after the console version is incredibly unlikely to be for the sake of optimization.

Axial

V has come to... two weeks late.

I don't care tbqh, as long as it's a good port(and based on GZ it should be).

realcZk

I highly doubt that two weeks would magically result in a shit port becoming good (though it's unlikely to be shit considering Ground Zeroes). More than likely Konami wants that double-dipping money.

Case in point.

I was extremely pleased with the PC version of GZ.

If anyone remembers the GDC 2013 conference where the MGSV demo was being played by Kojima, he mentions it is all running on PC during that time. So they've been playing around with a PC version of the game for quite some time and it showed in GZ.

d00d3n

The two extra weeks are unnecessary. Should deliver the PC version as is concurrently and attach the note "if you are having issues, please try changing the graphics settings" with the game to solve all issues free of charge.

Clearos

I'll wait but I'll make sure to research MGS5 for those two weeks and then get all bent out of shape when someone spoils the ending for me.

Urthor

Max Payne is a different case, no point in comparing it. Diablo's release brought an absolute flood of people buying the game because Diablo 2 defined their childhoods, and even Blizzard's almighty servers couldn't take the strain for the first 5 days after it came out. Releasing Payne concurrently when they were holding the servers together with spit n glue, that would have brought the entire show down.

I seriously doubt this decision is to encourage double dipping, the number of double dippers would be so small that it wouldn't move the needle financially. It's either about optimisation, or else getting the sale out of people whose choices are split between pirating the PC version of the game on release, or buying the console version.

ghostjoke

Banned
If only there were other things to do with those 2 weeks. What's that steam? My backlog. What's that GOG? More Witcher content. What's that brain? You have the ability to not read everything you see.

Ideally this is for optimisation. Probably not, but meh, two weeks is nothing. It's a slight quibble at most.

Qassim

Max Payne is a different case, no point in comparing it. Diablo's release brought an absolute flood of people buying the game because Diablo 2 defined their childhoods, and even Blizzard's almighty servers couldn't take the strain for the first 5 days after it came out. Releasing Payne concurrently when they were holding the servers together with spit n glue, that would have brought the entire show down.

Wait what servers? Are you saying Max Payne 3's launch would have somehow added to the strain on Blizzard's servers?

Carlius

Banned
i dont mind if its two weeks only. its gonna sell ike hotcakes too on pc so i am not worried. i rather get a good port than some shitty crap like watch dogs and arkham knight.

Yep.

Plus considering that the series has never really had much of a presence on the PC, I'm grateful that they seem to be making a solid PC version (if the quality of Ground Zeroes is at all indicative of MGS5) close to the console launch

Yudoken

This.
I honestly don't buy games on launch, I wait a week or more so it gets patched and works so I don't have to struggle with errors and such.

I went with ps4 for a couple of stupid reasons. Most notably the fact that I have all mgs games on PS so it just feels right for whatever reason. I'll probably get the PC version during a steam sale, hopefully the other mgs games will be on PC as well.

MiguelItUp

As annoying as it is, after MKX's and Arkham Knight's funky releases, I'm all for delaying it a bit if it means it will run better.

As annoying as it is, after MKX's and Arkham Knight's funky releases, I'm all for delaying it a bit if it means it will run better.

This.
I honestly don't buy games on launch, I wait a week or more so it gets patched and works so I don't have to struggle with errors and such.

Yep.

Plus considering that the series has never really had much of a presence on the PC, I'm grateful that they seem to be making a solid PC version (if the quality of Ground Zeroes is at all indicative of MGS5) close to the console launch

My thoughts exactly, whats another 2 weeks to irons out the bugs?

Top Bottom