• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS V comes out two weeks later on PC, how annoying is that?

tbd

I just wonder if Nvidia cards that aren't nearly as good as a 290x still run it better (see MGSV:GZ) because of Nvidia moneyhatting.

As long as it isn't as terrible as the Batman port, I guess it's fine, though.

Keasar

After Arkham Knight, I can deal with 2 weeks. And its nothing new anyway, PC have often gotten games months behind console versions.

Thabass

I'm buy on both, so if I can easily wait this out. Then again, it's only two weeks, and we've waited this long. What's the difference (other than the 2 weeks)

Paz

lol Like two weeks is going to make a difference.

2 weeks can be an eternity if we're talking about a fully locked project that's just undergoing QA + Bug Fixes one a single platform with the entire teams attention.

Not that this is necessarily the case here, but it's possible for short time frames at the end of a project to bring big results when it comes to bug fixing.

It's just two weeks, no big deal. Just be grateful you are getting the game at all.

This is an incredibly douchey thing to say. Highly doubt you'd be saying it if the console version was delayed instead. And yeah, let's be "grateful", we are getting the game for free amirite?

I'd rather wait two weeks and get a solid version of the game rather than deal with this debacle that we've had with Batman: Arkham Knight...

I agree, though I don't think two weeks ensures that.

In all seriousness too, based on the impressions I've heard so far, I'm more and more on the fence about the game. This two weeks will allow me to see all the reviews and figure out whether or not I really want it, so I'm ok with it.

poodpick

I would be more willing to wait if there was a collector's edition for PC. As it is I'm probably going to pick it up on sale somewhere down the line even though GZ ran like butter on my PC.

-Deimos

In two weeks street fighter on ps4 went from the worst version to tied for best with the 360.

That patch was probably in the works before the game even released.

Two weeks is nothing for a project this big and if the PC version was actually two weeks behind from being completed, they would have pushed the console releases up to make sure all versions were complete before release. The delay is purely for milking console sales as much as possible.

Top Bottom