• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft announces $499 500GB XB1 bundle with Kinect & 3 games

timlot

Banned
Very nice bundle imo. If you want the Complete Xbox One experience, you need Kinect. Most (not all) of the people who rag on Kinect don't even have it. Thats so strange to me. Like I'd say about all these bundles, Microsoft has the analytic data on what would sell. Folks thinking they are putting these bundles together out there ass are mistaken.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Wait. I thought you were on Sony's payroll. I'm so confused.

thatsthejoke.jpg

You might as well add the Gears White XBO bundle to the OP.

Anyways Id still say the Nostalgia bundle and Tomb Raider Bundle is the best so far.

Gamezone

Gold Member
Very nice bundle imo. If you want the Complete Xbox One experience, you need Kinect. Most (not all) of the people who rag on Kinect don't even have it. Thats so strange to me. Like I'd say about all these bundles, Microsoft has the analytic data on what would sell. Folks thinking they are putting these bundles together out there ass are mistaken.

Trust me, I have it. It screws with my games and system. It`s a lot better to not use it.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member

Yea, people sure need the complete Xbox One experience with a Kinect even if the device is entirely useless to some people. Yea.

The first 2 bundles were a lot better than the latter two, but this one is better than the Lego Movie one. This will sell to families, easily.

Durock

I don't see the problem here. They're giving a variety of different options with the bundles to appeal to different audiences. They may not appeal to the majority of us here on GAF, but there are others who prefer Kinect and its games and Lego Movie over Gears and Tomb Raider.

Best deal though imo is still the Gears/Rare Replay/Ori Bundle. 1TB, 36 games, $399. Lot to keep gamers busy for a long time.

That bundle is way too expensive. Dance Central is 10$, kinect sports Rivals can easily be found for 15$ on ebay and same for Zoo Tycoon.

This bundle should be 450$ and include a 1TB hdd.

Cleve

I mean the title along with the picture etc. I see youve made another thread for it but honestly i think they should just be in one thread instead of two separate ones. Your choice though

Zhuge has made a thread for each bundle that's been announced this week, and honestly there's been enough discussion on each one to keep it going.

I have a launch xbone with kinect. Despite using it, I'd never consider it part of a complete experience. It's still a gimmick. Most of the people that consider it essential don't realize that the voice recognition most of them use it for could easily be done with a far less expensive product. The system is a far better value without the kinect.

Also i bet all of these console will have $50 cut "promotional price" at this holiday.

I guarantee that these will be sweetened even more at some point by ms or retailers. Even if it's just a year of live, a digital code for something, or a copy of sunset overdrive they just can't move, but these are a pretty good baseline going in to the season.

timlot

Banned
Yea, people sure need the complete Xbox One experience with a Kinect even if the device is entirely useless to some people. Yea.

Well its a choice. If you don't want kinect there are 8 or 9 other bundles without it. I'm sure there are families out there that want to play motion games like Dance Central, but don't want to pay $150 for Kincet separately. So a bundle with three game might appeal to them. Its just another choice. Don't understand why folks don't want more choices.

PhineasRed

Neo Member
It's nice to see the Kinect in one of these bundles. As someone who finds the Kinect very useful it's nice to know that it's not been completely forgotten. Once you have it set up and calibrated properly it's hard to go back to a set up without one (mostly for the voice commands).

If I bought an XB1 today I'd still get one with a Kinect. I haven't regretted buying my XB1 at launch one bit. I think it's good folks have the choice now to not have one, but I'm happy with the functionality of mine.

n051de

Hope this means a new game using Kinect(actually serious) is in the works. Pausing, recording, and powering on/off the XBAWX shouldn't be all I use my Kinect for.

Yoday

This bundle is really rather terrible, and it feels like a huge step back. This bundle is pretty much the launch system with a few cheap games.

That said, I just picked up a used Kinect for $60, and I have been really enjoying the voice commands. Skype has also been fantastic, as it allows my wife and I to Skype with friends very easily and very comfortably. I am also really looking forward to the upcoming Cortana functionality. I just wish I could get gestures to work, as I have about a 5% success rate with them.

Tomorrow's bundle had better be amazing, because so far these have been a complete miss outside of the Tomb Raider one.

Elandyll

Banned
Has there been any indication of a Fallout 4 bundle or just speculation?

If it was a themed FO4 XB1, I would be sorely tempted, already have just a plain XB1 tho.

Complete speculation, and like I said in the other thread, It probably won't be Fallout 4, but rather a $349 TR one, or a $349 Halo 5 (I'm betting on the 500Gb TR one, the 1Tb being exclu to BB and MS stores).
... Or, you know, something "batshit crazy" like this Kinect bundle @ $499.

Chris1

Some of you guys seriously treat like the bundle announced at Monday and Tuesday doesn't exist anymore...
The bundle announced Monday doesn't exist for a lot of people. UK won't be getting it among other countries.. neither will Gamestop in America. It's a good bundle but it's far too limited to be the main bundle this holiday.

As good as Tuesday's was, they're already released games, with 2/3 of them being remasters and all 3 were released at a cheaper price to begin with. It's a good bundle... it's just not something people will be rushing out to buy. They'll pick it up if they're buying an xbox one, but nothing about it screams "wow I need that bundle, such a good deal"

Like I said on the other topic, if tomorrows bundle isn't Fallout 4 + Rise of the TR I'll be seriously shocked. They didn't buy TR exclusivity to send it out to die, both games are yet to get any proper bundling and both come out on the same day. It makes too much sense to bundle both together at this point.

Has there been any indication of a Fallout 4 bundle or just speculation?

If it was a themed FO4 XB1, I would be sorely tempted, already have just a plain XB1 tho.

it's theire biggest third party co-marketing deal
sony did a limited edition for both of theire biggest co-marketing games

major nelson said the next reveal will probably be the best of all bundles.
what else could it be?

and im already right on 3 out of 4 bundles
1 normal fallout 4 bundle
1 limited edition fallout 4 bundle
1 Kinect bundle with just dance maybe
1 500gb bundle with a game
1 white bundle

that's what i expect
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=180251078&postcount=114

The bundle announced Monday doesn't exist for a lot of people. UK won't be getting it among other countries.. neither will Gamestop in America. It's a good bundle but it's far too limited to be the main bundle this holiday.

As good as Tuesday's was, they're already released games, with 2/3 of them being remasters and all 3 were released at a cheaper price to begin with. It's a good bundle... it's just not something people will be rushing out to buy. They'll pick it up if they're buying an xbox one, but nothing about it screams "wow I need that bundle, such a good deal"

Like I said on the other topic, if tomorrows bundle isn't Fallout 4 + Rise of the TR I'll be seriously shocked. They didn't buy TR exclusivity to send it out to die, both games are yet to get any proper bundling and both come out on the same day. It makes too much sense to bundle both together at this point.

It's unfortunate for anyone who like first 2 bundles but can't buy it(unless import).
But it doesn't change the fact what Major Nelson saying is include first 2 bundles.

Troy

Banned
The first 2 bundles were a lot better than the latter two, but this one is better than the Lego Movie one. This will sell to families, easily.

No it won't. If families wanted this, they would have bought it at release or last year. They didn't then. And they won't now.

TalonJH

So are they selling the Kinect by itself yet. I never go into brick and mortar game stores so I don't know. I honestly feel like they should have left in the box and took a hit.

No it won't. If families wanted this, they would have bought it at release or last year. They didn't then. And they won't now.

that's still not how it works
there are still million people out there, who did not buy into current gen
there are still people out there, who had no interest in an xbox one with Kinect 2013 for 499
but are now with 3 games for free, more Kinect games released and better voice input via cortana.

this bundle will not sell gangbusters, but it will sell some units
edit: also the just dance audience. they won't stay on wii forever
500 is a high price, but some will jump into

Elandyll

Banned
How do you have marketing for fallout and not bundle it, they can't drop the ball that bad

Who says Bethesda wants it?

The "MS can get anything they want" mentality is just amazing to me...

#shrug

Not saying it -can't- happen, just that from Bethesda's point of view there is no reason to, contrarily to say a globally available TR 500Gb bundle @ $349 per example (possibly dropped to $299 during Nov/ Dec). That one makes the most sense given their investment in the franchise and the similarity to the ACU situation last year. Remember that for now the only TR bundle announced is a 1Tb $399 one, available only at MS stores and Best Buy (and not UK and some other countries).

500Gb $349 TR is my bet.

edit: on top of that, if they release a $349 or $399 Fallout 4 on top of the TR on -the same date- they then screw over Crystal Dynamic/ Square for their Tomb Raider relationship and co marketing.
People are imo reading too much into that agreement on custom mods released (console) first on XB1, which is probably due to the Win10 nature of the thing.

Definitely not seeing that (F4 bundle) happening, but surprises happen.

ZhugeEX

Banned
So are they selling the Kinect by itself yet. I never go into brick and mortar game stores so I don't know. I honestly feel like they should have left in the box and took a hit.

No, only with the console.

Ya know I'd really love to know how many Kinect units have been sold to date.

By my estimation it'd have to be anywhere between 3 to 4 million in the US by now.

TalonJH

No, only with the console.

Ya know I'd really love to know how many Kinect units have been sold to date.

By my estimation it'd have to be anywhere between 3 to 4 million in the US by now.

See that's interesting because you have to ask, "why not". Just put it on shelves for people that missed out and want it now.

I would say that estimate is probably about right since they stopped selling it.

Obviously, but a casual bundle for $500 is still deader than the rest.

That's actually a really good point. Why have the "causal" bundle be the most expensive.

Yikes... I was interested at first, but I thought it was a 'pick your free games' deal. What's the opposite of interested? That's what I'm feeling right now.

Alx

Top Bottom