• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft announces $499 500GB XB1 bundle with Kinect & 3 games

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Different bundles have to deal with different demographics. If a family was looking to purchase a kinect, this would be a ideal bundle because of the games included.

They just can't make a whole line of T or M rated bundles.

I wonder if that family knows it is 2015.

IBzYa9Y.gif

I suspect the pricing on these bundles is preliminary, and they are going to take a large dive come Black Friday, or even before.

Erimriv

MS should do what Carrefour did here in Spain two months ago, XB1 + Kinect (new) for 250€. They flew off the shelves.

Troy

Banned
What evidence is there that voice commands are "being done away with" in the new UI? Also, the Kinect is a pretty great add on, I would recommend it to any Xbox owner who plans on making it the central hub of their media center. In short, plenty of gamers would want a Kinect or currently enjoy the one they already own. I know a few people hopping into Xbox this month and they are specifically looking for a Kinect bundle (and all of them have kids).

Being done away with in the sense that they're pretty much required to do anything quickly in the UI now. The new UI is being built with the knowledge that the vast majority of users don't want or have Kinect. I'm sure the voice commands will still be there.

Alx

I thought kinect was discontinued (?) and no further games would be made for it.

Curious to see Microsoft still pushing it.

It wasn't. The news that may have been mis-interpreted was when they announced that the kinect for windows device was discontinued, since they made the console version compatible with PC.
(which is a much better situation than last gen, when the PC kinect and the 360 kinect weren't cross-compatible).

I like my Kinect, but this bundle is way too expensive. Even with a promo price drop down the line this is too much. I see a 500GB with no games and Kinect selling at $399 selling way more. All they needed was a little Cortana with Kinect marketing to sell it.

PhineasRed

Neo Member
Being done away with in the sense that they're pretty much required to do anything quickly in the UI now. The new UI is being built with the knowledge that the vast majority of users don't want or have Kinect. I'm sure the voice commands will still be there.

I see what you are saying. It's more about making the UI easier to use without the Kinect/voice controls.

Bgamer90

Banned

This completely goes against the new UI having cortana.

The UI is being built around making features faster for all users -- those with Kinect and those without it.

super6646

Banned
Monday and Tuesday where good, but this has gotten sad. The white bundle is a picture perfect copy of the last year one, except with GOW instead of sunset overdrive. I really hope friday saves this one.

Madness

CQO9s4aWIAA6fQ7.png

The Xbox One Special Edition Gears of War Bundle features a 500GB Cirrus White console and controller, a full-game download of Gears of War: Ultimate Edition, the Superstar Cole multiplayer skin and early access to the Gears of War 4 Beta.

Experience the original Gears of War rebuilt from the ground up in 1080p, including 60FPS competitive multiplayer with 19 maps and six game modes, and five campaign chapters never released on console. And for a limited time, when you play Gears of War: Ultimate Edition on Xbox Live, you’ll get the entire Xbox 360 Gears of War collection to play on Xbox One at no additional cost (more details here). Gears of War: Ultimate Edition is also your ticket to early access of the Gears of War 4 Beta in Spring 2016.

The Xbox One Special Edition Gears of War Bundle will be available exclusively at Walmart in the U.S. starting in November for $349 USD.

They're ruining my Sunset bundle exclusivity dammit. Does this controller come with the newer bumpers or headphone jack? That's the only issue with my sunset console is the controller. Too well made and sexy looking to trade in. I might just pick up a Lunar White controller to sort of match it I guess.

Bgamer90

Banned
They're ruining my Sunset bundle exclusivity dammit. Does this controller come with the newer bumpers or headphone jack? That's the only issue with my sunset console is the controller. Too well made and sexy looking to trade in. I might just pick up a Lunar White controller to sort of match it I guess.

New bumpers and headphone jack is now standard for Xbox One controllers.

statham

all these bundles will get a $50 price drop soon, with the weakest one, the Lego game, I predict hitting $249 for black friday. MS is also doing this to show all the games they have this fall for all ages.

The Tomb Raider bundle is the only one that seems even remotely viable so far. Everything else is overpriced (even assuming a $50 reaction drop) and includes dated software. A far cry from last year's balls to the wall strategy.

Yes, of course they are.

I thought with the lack of Kinect game development and clear change of focus they might ride out what they've already made and let it slowly fade away. This bundle suggests otherwise!

What games are being made for Kinect at the moment?

Top Bottom