• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft to have new exclusive IP at E3, focus more on first party titles

Swpv0mC.gif

HAHA that's awesome.

Of all the threads for ElTorro to deliver gold in.

On topic: I would love to see an open world collectathon Banjo Kazooie wherein the game world connects up to itself in cool ways like the Souls series games.

Welfare

https://twitter.com/MLGSundance/status/590710700747726848

Thats the CEO of MLG. Interesting choice of Tweet before the CoD event coming up. Perhaps PS marketing will happen and MLG will switch to Playstation?

This could be the dumbest post I've ever made... or the smartest.

Don't worry. I categorize all of your posts from dumb to least dumb. This is top tier least dumb.

But seriously, switching from Xbox to Playstation because of CoD would be big, and would cause a lot of hate because I would assume players would have to get a PS4.

VinFTW

Don't worry. I categorize all of your posts from dumb to least dumb. This is top tier least dumb.

But seriously, switching from Xbox to Playstation because of CoD would be big, and would cause a lot of hate because I would assume players would have to get a PS4.

Gee thanks Welfare :/

But yeah, understandable. At the same time, players non-stop complain about Xbox One's lack of LAN capabilities, UI issues, and controller problems.

Welfare

Gee thanks Welfare :/

But yeah, understandable. At the same time, players non-stop complain about Xbox One's lack of LAN capabilities, UI issues, and controller problems.

No problem <3

Stupid question incoming, but does the PS4 have "true" LAN?

Ori and the Blind Forest was one of the best games I've played across several generations. It does a disservice to developers that work hard on games like that to just toss them aside because it isn't $250 Ultra-Delux Super Turbo Collector's Edition AAA Generic Shooter #857, 2015 Edition.

That was the best $20 I've spent on gaming in YEARS. Seriously, some of those digital titles are vastly superior to most of the retail releases.

glassofwaterrippling.gif

SMFH. Every thread. Although I guess with this thread being specifically about MS exclusive to be shown it should come as no surprise.

Still though. Both consoles are great. Can we please put the list wars and console wars to rest, please?

But, Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship edition is awesome

Aroll

I mean, of course it is? There is an opportunity here. Nintendo's big attention grabber? Delayed to 2016. Sony's big attention grabber? Delayed to 2016. Microsoft is in a great position to steal the show if they bring their A game.

Dlacy13g

I don't see what either of those games have to offer Perfect Dark. Splinter Cell x Deus Ex are where it should be at

I mean in terms of developing Joanna Dark into a character that is not the cheese we got last time. The setting certainly should be Dues Ex like but as for the story writing and dialogue I would love to see an Uncharted like level of serious mixed with humor.

I'm confused what's all this about lack of lan?

As I understand it, you cannot play LAN on the Xbox One without at least one of the consoles in the network connected to the internet, even if it's a very weak connection. It's like you're locked out of the LAN functionality without it. It was a thing when they announced that Halo: TMCC would have LAN custom games functionality but that you would need at least one of the LANed systems to have a ping to xbox live.

Which means it's not really a LAN at all, because the whole point of a LAN is that you just need a router to route traffic between the systems on the network, not a damn xbox live connection. Whether this applies only to Halo: TMCC or to all XB1 games I dunno.

I haven't tested it personally though so I can't confirm/deny if you can do LAN without live, or if most games even support it or whatnot. To be honest though unless you're in a college dorm or something nobody really LANs anymore. Maybe if you live in a streamer/twitch house with multiple streamers/gamers. I tried my damndest to drum up a LAN party in my area but the interest just isn't there because all my 30-something friends never want to do anything but go out with their kids. It's like babysitters don't exist or something.

Ales

Neo Member
I want Microsoft to come out and drop the bomb and say that all first party titles released from Win10 launch on will be cross-buy, cross-play (where it makes sense), and cross-save between Win10 and Xbox One. Also that they'll be enabling this same functionality via API for any third party developers that want to integrate.

Win/win for XB1 and Win10 owners. Players can build up a library on Win10 and feel the value prop for an XB1 increase and the same for XB1 owners who don't own Win10.

If it is truly Microsoft's goal to get everyone to upgrade and to create a first class PC gaming experience in Win10 this is surely the way to do it.

Sony's value prop with cross-buy/play/save is a great feature to their ecosystem, and its high time Microsoft matched and could even exceed it since they own Windows.

Anything less and I will be disappointed. I want to play Halo 5 on my beefy PC, and I want to play it on my comfy couch too. Make it happen MS.

Why people on NeoGAF want that MS kill the x1 so much??x1 needs exclusive to get to the end of this generation.In Europe MS lost all the market share that had won with the 360 and in the US has difficulty except at Christmas.The only way to regain market share and and not to lose the users who have already bought a x1 are AAA exclusive,and I speak of true exclusive no pc and no 360.MS should give a value to this console in some way given the disastrous situation in the multi.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
MS should give a value to this console in some way given the disastrous situation in the multi.
The Xbox One multiplatform situation is not disastrous.

It's still a box based around DirectX with a GPU heavy architecture. That is a good foundation in a multiplatform environment where Windows PC is a popular target platform.

Sydle

Why people on NeoGAF want that MS kill the x1 so much??x1 needs exclusive to get to the end of this generation.In Europe MS lost all the market share that had won with the 360 and in the US has difficulty except at Christmas.The only way to regain market share and and not to lose the users who have already bought a x1 are AAA exclusive,and I speak of true exclusive no pc and no 360.MS should give a value to this console in some way given the disastrous situation in the multi.

It's not about killing the X1, it's that we're looking out for our own interests and the ability to play our games on our hardware of choice is nothing but a positive.

If we're talking business, selling software and services is where all the money is made anyway. Restricting those high-profit margin goods to a single piece of hardware that's struggling (and will continue to struggle) on a global basis is silly when you think about how widely adopted Windows is worldwide.

Spencer said at GDC that Xbox no longer means consoles. It means you're a customer of Xbox Live and you should be able to take your games where you want them. I hope he wasn't blowing hot air.

I love how you can just say that with so much certainty.

I'm not certain about anything. Just an educated guess based on it being a spin off type game, free to play, and zero hype surrounding the game whatsoever.

I'm sure some will play it and spend money. It may even recover development costs. I don't see it doing much more.

Outrun

It's not about killing the X1, it's that we're looking out for our own interests and the ability to play our games on our hardware of choice is nothing but a positive.

If we're talking business, selling software and services is where all the money is made anyway. Restricting those high-profit margin goods to a single piece of hardware that's struggling (and will continue to struggle) on a global basis is silly when you think about how widely adopted Windows is worldwide.

Spencer said at GDC that Xbox no longer means consoles. It means you're a customer of Xbox Live and you should be able to take your games where you want them. I hope he wasn't blowing hot air.

I think that the transition to a service model is going to take a longer time that you want.

Regardless of sales, MS is tethered to the physical X1 product for a couple more years. I think that transitioning any sooner is going to lead to dissatisfaction from their user base.

Sydle

I'm not certain about anything. Just an educated guess based on it being a spin off type game, free to play, and zero hype surrounding the game whatsoever.

I'm sure some will play it and spend money. It may even recover development costs. I don't see it doing much more.

I think the Creative Director said they built Fable Legends as a platform with hopes for a 5-10 year lifespan. He said they could make all kinds of content on it with different play types, so I wouldn't be surprised if they find a few things that work and build a sizable community over the years.

That was back in 2013 though and they haven't said much about planned content since, so maybe things have changed.

I think that the transition to a service model is going to take a longer time that you want.

Regardless of sales, MS is tethered to the physical X1 product for a couple more years. I think that transitioning any sooner is going to lead to dissatisfaction from their user base.

I get that they can't just flip switches this year, but I'd like to see the line between PC and Xbox One completely blurred by the end of the generation. I don't like the idea of timed exclusives of Microsoft IP for Xbox One before they land on PC, but it's probably the most likely tactic for the immediate future.

I think the only people who would be dissatisfied about a shared library across Windows 10 PC and Xbox One are the console warriors. If MS were able to boasts record numbers of software sales and subscriptions in some way then I think that would be enough "ammo" for warriors to be content that they are backing the right brand.

All the gamers who simply enjoy games regardless of platform will see the value in greater accessibility of the games they like.

Ales

Neo Member
I think the Creative Director said they built Fable Legends as a platform with hopes for a 5-10 year lifespan. He said they could make all kinds of content on it with different play types, so I wouldn't be surprised if they find a few things that work and build a sizable community over the years.

That was back in 2013 though and they haven't said much about planned content since, so maybe things have changed.

I get that they can't just flip switches this year, but I'd like to see the line between PC and Xbox One completely blurred by the end of the generation. I don't like the idea of timed exclusives of Microsoft IP for Xbox One before they land on PC, but it's probably the most likely tactic for the immediate future.

I think the only people who would be dissatisfied about a shared library across Windows 10 PC and Xbox One are the console warriors. If MS were able to boasts record numbers of software sales and subscriptions in some way then I think that would be enough "ammo" for warriors to be content that they are backing the right brand.

All the gamers who simply enjoy games regardless of platform will see the value in greater accessibility of the games they like.

No people who will be unhappy are those who buy the x1 ;)Take a ride on the forums dedicated to xbox each exclusive lost or shared with the pc is a user disappointed that switches to competitors.The only value left to x1 are the exclusive view the situation of multi.Having a PC the only reason I bought a x1 are the exclusive.I do not care of MS, Sony and Nintendo and their wars but as a consumer I do not want to be screwed.

Sydle

No people who will be unhappy are those who buy the x1 ;)Take a ride on the forums dedicated to xbox each exclusive lost or shared with the pc is a user disappointed that switches to competitors.The only value left to x1 are the exclusive view the situation of multi.Having a PC the only reason I bought a x1 are the exclusive.I do not care of MS, Sony and Nintendo and their wars but as a consumer I do not want to be screwed.

I don't see how allowing more people access to a game screws you. If anything it means you could get rid of a console and just stick with the superior PC for all multiplats and Xbox IP. The consolidation sounds amazing to me, because I HATE having to buy so much hardware to play all the games I want, especially when they're all so similar in general function and all inferior to PC.

EDIT: I don't think everyone who wants to play MS exclusives is going to have money to buy a powerful enough PC, so they would have a cheaper option. As for the brand divas, I say let them switch and good riddance.

I bought an xbox one day one and I want to see all xbox exclusive games become cross platform with PC. Every single exclusive. Why?

Because Sony nor Microsoft are going to build hardware that can compete with pcs.

The gap is only going to get bigger when next gen consoles launch because Microsoft and Sony know they have to stay $500 or under to be competitive.

There is always going to be a market for an xbox. there is always going to be a segment of the gaming market that are content with what consoles offer even if pcs can offer a superior experience because they aren't willing to pay for the better experience.

Xbox becomes a service, not just a piece of hardware.

Top Bottom