• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft's Exclusive Spawn Checks Out the Xbox One

Loomer

I'm sure serious Spiderman/comic book fans would actually be MORE indignant than the average poster here. I'm more stupefied Spawn still mattered enough for someone not attentive to make that kind of mistake.

They actually brought Killer Instinct back, so they're clrealy stuck in the 90's.

If you think the Xbox Facebook page misnaming a comic book character is "embarrassing" then I just don't know what to tell you.
They're only misnaming, oh I don't know, one of the most famous and popular fictional characters in all of history. Not embarrassing at all, especially confusing him for a character that hasn't been relevant since the 90s.

Please tell me who's going to be jazzed for an Xbox One because of this.
I know what you mean but that's not how advertising works. This post now shows up on anyone's news feed without the comments. So every Parent/Grandparent/Aunt/Uncle/Pedo has an Xbox One logo on their feed with a Super Hero on it, they don't obviously see that they're wrong because the mistake is in the comments which they need to put effort in to see them. So to them it's just "wow this pic got 2.2k likes, I'll have to remember this around Xmas for Jimmy"

Adverstising also works in the way of subliminal messaging. When you go to the supermarket they're hoping you recognize the Tide logo over Purex brand.

Not to say this fuck up is intentional, but I'd argue this is just as good for them as "an embarrassment"

Warablo

This is just too funny. I mean its not a big deal, but its funny as hell cause of the shit Neogaf gives them..

LTWheels

I had no idea there is a black Spiderman, I thought he was red. Don't know what Spawn looks like or is either. I know he was in SC2.

This months PR debacle should have teach you that bad publicity actually exists.
No shit, but Facebook's system almost works in their favor. Read above.

Something this dumb and silly is not going to be reported on the news but who knows.

The NYMETS are my favorite squadron!

screen-shot-2012-01-09-at-12-27-00-pm.png

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I wish it was Spiderman. Just imagine Shinobi vs Spiderman only on Xbox One in full HD treatment!

http://youtu.be/zzh7kMcuDYY

Actually a lot of characters named Spiderman, but none are the Marvel character named Spider-Man.

Pretty sure parents were pretty aware of Xbox One reputation (or Microsoft in general, thanks NSA and Windows 8) to be distracted by a badly done cosplay.
Thats irrelvant to my point. I'm talking about what shows up on the news feed to the unknowing, not what else is going on. This particular event shows up as something good for people who do not look further into it.

This is what shows up on the news feed to everyone:
qPi4A9Tl.jpg

There are some people in the world who are not going to relate that post to "lolol Prism!!!" You're not one of them obviously, but again I'm not talking about you or me.

Thats irrelvant to my point. I'm talking about what shows up on the news feed to the unknowing, not what else is going on. This particular event shows up as something good for people who do not look further into it.

This is what shows up on the news feed to everyone:
qPi4A9Tl.jpg

There are some people in the world who are not going to relate that post to "lolol Prism!!!"

LolCosplay?

GeoramA

Hilarious that they do this during comic con. One blunder after another :lol

Can't wait to see what they have planned for gamescom.

aaaaaa

The writer probably mixed up Spawn and Venom, both designed by Todd McFarlane, and both pretty similar visually. I do this too. Venom would still be wrong, however.

It's still selling

And yet people were STILL willing to buy the console. What does that tell you? "The masses" don't involve the oblivious parent who has no idea what DRM means. If his little Timmy has an xbox and wants the shiny new One, dude's gonna buy one for his Timmy.

Look Timmy, MS won't do the 180 if they think the Xbone's reception to the masses is great. lol

it's black panther, a completely different character from batman
haha, yeah. I knew it wasn't Batman of course, and knew it was Black Panther because of the link. I was more or less joking because that seems like a much more obscure reference where I wouldn't have blamed the stiffs at MS for making a mistake like that.

Top Bottom