• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft's Exclusive Spawn Checks Out the Xbox One

shandy706

People. Are. Stupid. It doesn't matter if Microsoft did the 180 or not, because even if it came out WITH DRM it would sell for its namesake.

So it's ok to call people that want an Xbox One stupid now?

On subject, that pic and description are pretty funny. I wonder if the clueless intern responsible for that gets to touch Facebook anymore?

Last time they added KZ:SF on their games banner. Now spidey is Spawn? Wut.

Sony and MS seem to make this mistake.

Remember this.

481.jpg

I just have this image of an office where a couple of employees in banker's suits ask each other who the super hero in the image is, and one of them kinda nods his head and says "I think it's a Soul Calibur character". Another dude searches for Soul Calibur on google images and doesn't find it. He gets told to try Soul Calibur 2 and there he is. Spawn.

One asks why doesn't his suit have red gloves and chains. He gets told the nerd probably didn't have the money for them. *fist bump*

watership

These guys are so out of touch...

Guys? Its probably the weekend intern in the ms social networking group that read the wrong info on the notes that came with the photo.

"Microsoft's top men are out of touch with comics. Stock price takes a hit."

Grimhammer

Neo Member
My level of Nerdom is just wow!

I immediately went into silent rage mode - that's not Spawn or Venom or Sony Spidey 3!

That's Secret Wars Spidey - initially acquired on battleworld thanks to being nabbed by the Beyonder.

Good thing I didn't go all uber-nerd ....that'd be embarrassing. :p

Neo Ankh

Neo Member
And this is why Microsoft is not scary to me. Who can take over the world and not even know the difference between spawn and spidey?

cQdYJHx.png

Somebody's getting a time out!

Wait what? So they're firing the guy who made that post because he didn't know the difference between one comic book hero and the other?
Wow, that's OBVIOUSLY the best solution to your problem, Microsoft!

I mean, come on, people are still calling Deadpool a "Ninja Spiderman".

People. Are. Stupid. It doesn't matter if Microsoft did the 180 or not, because even if it came out WITH DRM it would sell for its namesake. Uneducated parents and teens that frankly don't care will both be willing to buy that machine. The reverse change is because of the rage of internet masses, not a demand from the average Sue and Johnny. You can argue that the AVERAGE person has access to internet, but would most of them give a fuck? No, if that keeps their children at bay. Add onto that the fact that beyond the average facebook or email check they have no idea what the fuck is going on.

If this was true Nintendo would still be winning. People are stupid, but they follow other people's opinion when it comes to entertainment. If everybody was buying Ouyas tomorrow the general public would too. Popular opinion rules the masses. Most of the lite gamers I know dont even know Xbox did a 180. The screams of DRM on the X1 was a lot louder than Microsoft's apology. We'll see how it turns out, but to assume masses are gonna go buy Xbox 1s just cause its Xbox is nuts . Some will of course, but not enough. Look at the ps3 launch, never forget the mob is fickle

nib95

Banned
Microsoft, hire fans that are passionate about the medium, not just graduates and corporate types that have the CV credentials lol.

The fact that they mistaked spiderman for spawn, when Spiderman is probably one of the most popular heroes ever is awesome. I had to lookup what Spawn was.

Nibiru

Banned
The terrible pr is contagious to any one that is even associated with them. I mean the Forza dev said that "Forza 5 was like your refrigerator," this week.

nib95

Banned
The terrible pr is contagious to any one that is even associated with them. I mean the Forza dev said that "Forza 5 was like your refrigerator," this week.

Water cooler, refrigerator, not the most attractive comparisons. On a side note, didn't he say something like, "Forza 5 is not a launch game, it's a Forza game at launch".

Deary me. The madness is evidently contagious over there.

Symthic

Banned
Wait what? So they're firing the guy who made that post because he didn't know the difference between one comic book hero and the other?

Well, that's what everyone here wants, apparently.

Nibiru

Banned
Water cooler, refrigerator, not the most attractive comparisons. On a side note, didn't he say something like, "Forza 5 is not a launch game, it's a Forza game at launch".

Deary me. The madness is evidently contagious over there.

Ya man it was about the worst analogy ever made this was the whole quote for those that missed it.

Forza 5 is like your refrigerator. “You have to fill it up with food the first time,” he explained. “And from then on, you connect whenever you want when you want to update your food.

What the hell lol. Anyway i actually think some of the posts in this thread are much more embarrassing than this simple mistake with black Spiderman, i thinik some of you actively search out 'negative' Microsoft storys and its pretty cringeworthy to be honest.

There are always people who think that others actively search for negative news about any console developer. It's not exclusive to Microsoft, it's just that Microsoft buried itself so deep into the ground that they're an "acceptable" target right now.

Look at Nintendo and "WiiU has no games". As well as Sony and "Vita has no games".
No console has games apparently.

1) Not every misfake is brand threatening. No one is going to stop buying a xbox because of this.

2) Neither black spiderman nor spawn are cultural phenomenon. Most people outside of comic book fans exposure to the black suit was in in spiderman 3 and it looked nothing like that.

3) That all said, its pretty fucking stupid to not know the difference when you are marketing whats happening in a comic book convention of all places. It makes you and your brand look out of toich with the people you are trying to sell to.

4) Stupidity deserves to be pointed out regardless if it ultimately wont mean anything. It was a dumb move and one that deserves ridicule.

so basically :-
631459-2170431_look_at_him_look_at_him_and_laugh.gif

munroe

Either that or that person is getting a "time out" chocolate bar

bj00rn_

Banned
PSY・S;72074076 said:
Hahahah wow. That's like using the Halo theme for a Killzone trailer. So wrong.

Not really. A better example would be if someone used Bon Jovi's "Wanted Dead Or Alive" to promote a TV-series other than "Deadliest Catch".

Top Bottom