• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft Creator Snatches Beverly Hills Megamansion From Beyoncé and Jay-Z For $70MM

aly

I wish he actually went through with funding Psychonauts 2.

Now that would be a worthy use of money. Notch pls.

Also as nice as the house is, I just can't help but hate the openness of it. Maybe I'm just unreasonably paranoid though.

Seems unnecessary to me but I'm not going to talk about spending money responsibly.

I'd probably make some dumb decisions too if I suddenly had a shitload of cash.

Good for Notch

Nerds stay winning. Someone find that Bill Gates / Michael Jordan jpg.

Bill Gates can vault over a chair, can Notch beat that?
GW3si.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TCxE0bWQeQ

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
He probably has no idea what to do with that much money. I just hope he doesn't make a strong of bad of decisions that makes him go broke in a couple of years.

"disgusting"? Really? He can do whatever the fuck he wants with his money. Good to know that apparently its pointless to win the lottery or become rich since you're apparently not allowed to spend it and have to give it all away to charity. Please.

Nabbis

People talking about donations like it's a magic cure or something productive for other people... You would be far better of creating a legitimate non exploitative business in the areas that might need more wealth, you can actually build infrastructure and might leave a legacy of something lasting.

Kasper

I can't say I wouldn't do something similar if I had that much money. Though I would probably prefer something in a place that's not as warm, like a penthouse in New York perhaps.

Why does the story say 'no part of this story makes sense'?

Really? A story about people that everyone knows are extremely wealthy bidding on an opulent mansion in Los Angeles?

THIS IS SO CRAZY IT MAKES NO SENSE

vypek

Good for him. I wonder if he's gonna have a bunch of people stay there too. I cant imagine living in a place with so many bedroom/bathroom/space and it not being used regularly. Cant even imagine buying a place like that even if I could afford it

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
god damn, that much money for a house, I imagine he's really financially endowed to be slinging that kind of cash.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Good for him. I wonder if he's gonna have a bunch of people stay there too. I cant imagine living in a place with so many bedroom/bathroom/space and it not being used regularly. Cant even imagine buying a place like that even if I could afford it

You cant imagine rich people buying property they rarely use? Well ok then...

Crazy to think that all this started from a simple game design/concept that spread from word of mouth.

Also impressed he got all the money from Microsoft so fast. "Yo, here's a simple 2 and a half billion."

Kudos.

Top Bottom