• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft Creator Snatches Beverly Hills Megamansion From Beyoncé and Jay-Z For $70MM

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It's a pretty place. But I'm not sure why he needs that much space if it's just him. I guess he's going to throw some crazy parties?

Notch asked Can I Get A house in Beverly Hills and looked at The Blueprint for it before he purchased it. He had heard someone else made a competitive offer, so he of course asked his agent for the details. His agent mentioned it was Jigga.

"Jigga What? Jigga Who?", Notch replied.

"H to the Izzo", said his agent.

Notch said "I'm not too familiar, we don't hear a lot about him Where I'm From". And though Jay was originally So Appalled at not being able to get the house, and the Allure of living in Beverly Hills was strong, he decided that he didn't need to waste his time trying to get this house when he knows he can afford any other one, because for him, Money Ain't a Thang. He simply said it was On To The Next One.

Notch confirmed the purchase, and when asked for the first payment, he simply said "Fuckwithmeyouknowigotit" as he brushed the Dirt Off His Shoulder.

sorry

Blueblur1

I wouldn't have purchased a house like that but it's his money. I hope it's smart about the rest of it and doesn't end up broke. Folks tend to get carried away. :p

He just tweeted this

B5LRxbeCMAArlwr.jpg:large

vypek

You cant imagine rich people buying property they rarely use? Well ok then...

I probably should have written in better but because I was the subject of the previous sentence, I dropped it from the beginning of the final sentence that I wrote. What I meant was that I cant imagine myself doing that even if I could afford to.

Obviously, I don't have to imagine other people doing it because I know for a fact that they do it and have seen it first hand (just not on such an expensive scale).

Thought from the wording that people would be able to tell that everything I wrote was pretty much self-referencing. My bad.

^Wasn't it $2 billion?

I'm pretty sure I'd donate a lot of it to causes that could help mankind. I don't need a megamansion to be happy, a nice house is perfectly fine.

But to each their own.
Congratulations. You are a truly special person. I'm sure that's exactly what you would do.

the benefit to being rish is you can buy expensive stuff.

After selling mojang for a cool 2 billion, I doubt this even makes a dent in his bank account, nor would it really effect his ability to fund any future games.

I'm pretty sure I'd donate a lot of it to causes that could help mankind. I don't need a megamansion to be happy, a nice house is perfectly fine.

But to each their own.

Nobody knows what they would do in this situation until they are in it.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I wonder how many people in that area would think that was a picture of Luke Perry on a motorcycle in that room.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I hope he at least has some friends around. Real friends, not people lusting after his wealth.

Because man, being all alone in a pad like that would be depressing.

CaLe

Nobody knows what they would do in this situation until they are in it.

I'm freaking broke and I'm donating. I'm going to die one day, I'm not taking the money to the grave with me.

Anyways, as I said, good for him. I don't want to turn this into a debate. Sorry in advance if I did.

Edit: I also don't know what he's doing with the remainder of his money. Regardless, it's his life.

Randam

It was "only" 70 million.
He still has a couple 100 million.
If not +1 billion.
Enough to do some "good" stuff.

I hope he at least has some friends around. Real friends, not people lusting after his wealth.

Because man, being all alone in a pad like that would be depressing.

That's why, if I had all that money, I would create my own video game studio or SOMETHING.

I would go stir-crazy all alone in that massive house with no real job.

Shredderi

Oh damn that is a sweet pad. Good for Notch. If I had that much money I personally would not want a huge mansion for myself but I would find some use for the money, just not a huge house. I like my houses more cozy. Could be a subject to change if I had a taste of that life.

$70 million for this? Ridiculous price. If I had that much money I would design and build my own house, a house which would make Tony Stark jealous. I certainly would not buy a second hand house with shitty old tech inside. I always love when they include stuff like this in the description: "high-definition 90-inch television screens". Oh really, "high-definition"? What year is it again? Who cares about this? And the other shitty stuff inside? Those overpriced, ugly-ass toilettes and the other, horrible-looking furniture. Bentley pillows, really? The home theater also looks like crap. I love how they tried to cram overpriced / expensive shit into every room in an desperate attempt to make it look luxurious. But let's see what he will make of it.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I'm freaking broke and I'm donating. I'm going to die one day, I'm not taking the money to the grave with me.

Anyways, as I said, good for him. I don't want to turn this into a debate. Sorry in advance if I did.

And still, your perspective changes when you land ass-backwards into billions of dollars. You can keep thinking that you're different.

SeanR1221

I love all the comments from people wondering why he "needs" this much space and what they'd do with the money.

He's worth a ton now. This house is a "small" purchase for him.

Nabbis

Gemüsepizza;143941783 said:
$70 million for this? Ridiculous price. If I had that much money I would design and build my own house, a house which would make Tony Stark jealous. I certainly would not buy a second hand house with shitty old tech inside. I always love when they include stuff like this in the description: "high-definition 90-inch television screens". Oh really, "high-definition"? What year is it again? Who cares about this? And the other shitty stuff inside? Those overpriced, ugly-ass toilettes and the other, horrible-looking furniture. Bentley pillows, really? The home theater also looks like crap. I love how they tried to cram overpriced / expensive shit into every room to in an desperate attempt to make it look luxurious. But let's see what he will make of it.

Rich people don't really have any better taste than the average person. But i do agree that i would micromanage such a purchase, unless it was for investing purposes.

Miles X

Good for him, and it's his money, can do what he likes with it!

I'd never buy something like that tho, not cosy or realistic at all.

Edit: I also don't know what he's doing with the remainder of his money. Regardless, it's his life.

This isn't a debate, this is you not understa-

And still, your perspective changes when you land ass-backwards into billions of dollars. You can keep thinking that you're different.

Ya, here we go. This isn't like he went on Wheel of Fortune. He has beat up a country money. Fuck Jay Z money.

Top Bottom